• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your favorite colors?

G

Ginkgo

A fairly dark shade of cyan.

Moooooooo!

090724-cyan-pepper.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I find soft blues and soft greens soothing, but I also like a nice peachy color.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Blue!! :D

I also used to love yellow and purple a lot, but I don't care for them as much now.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
bright colors and black and white??? :unsure:

I don't really like earth tones or pastels and I'm not a huge fan of yellow and orange, but that's probably because I look hideous in those colors :blush:

most of my wardrobe is mostly the colors black, white, blue, green, pink and some reddish purple color that's about the color of a cab as opposed to a petite syrah...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
soft periwinkle
Misti%20Chunky%20Alpaca%20Periwinkle.jpg

aqua
759036048_sFMmg-M.jpg

lush green
Healing_Green_Pat.gif

navy blue
sailor%20deluxe%20navy%20blue.jpg

pure white
white-sheets.jpg

tangerine
diabetes+tangerine.jpg

moroccan red
sr_dr_pd.jpg

chocolate brown
chocolate-brown-evening-gowns-long-brown-formal-dresses.jpg

i guess that's more than one.
oh well. :)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Red, especially burgundy or wine red. I don't like the orangey reds. I also like black, kelly green, and orange.

I find it interesting that so many people incorporate the colors in their wardrobe into the topic of their favorite colors. It's a much more abstract question to me...it wouldn't occur to me to combine those thoughts. For instance, I don't own any kelly green clothing and the only orange I wear is in a college sweatshirt. I prefer to wear more neutral colors like black, navy and khaki, but that doesn't mean that I "like" those colors.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
LOL. Yeah I've seen that before. Its not just because I'm a girl - I've done some design work and 'blue', 'yellow', 'red' etc just doesn't cut it.

Actually you should check out this for an epic colour list. Some of the names are rather amusing. :D
Ahh... That is a rather long list. Goodness, do you go through all those for design work? Rather saddening. I suppose yes, design work requires slightly more detailed usage of more specified colour names.
You forgot light blue, dark blue, light red, dark red, light green, dark green. etc. Like how Cayenne is such a dark red.... I just call it a dark red and how banana is such a light yellow... I just call it light yellow.

Other than that,
Dark Red (based on that color scheme cayenne)>Dark Green>Navy Blue.

But I sort of work with colors also... so the in-between colors... I tend to call such colors around teal like blue-green.....

Yea, I don't have hundreds of names for colors, but I can at least say that a color is blue-green :D
Ah there is another similar chart for that. I suppose all those strange colour name codings are rather troublesome to go by. And getting too detailed with colours can seem rather picky.

If you call cyan blue and magenta purple, you're a fucking troglodyte.
I suppose many would just call cyan, light blue. Technicalities in colours tend not to be important to many.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah there is another similar chart for that. I suppose all those strange colour name codings are rather troublesome to go by. And getting too detailed with colours can seem rather picky.

The color wheel.
Primary colors: Red, Blue, Yellow
Secondary colors: Orange, Green, Purple
After that, the list goes on. Primary colors Red-Blue-Yellow being able to make practically all colors (And white being an "absence" of color and black being all colors when it comes to coloring.) All you really need is Red-Blue-Yellow-Black-White to make any color or hue of that color.

Red-Green-Blue
being computer generated colors to make other colors.

Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Black being printer colors to generate other colors.

------------------------------
And yes, it is annoying having to differentiate Cayenne from Cyan when you can just tell me dark red or light blue-green (though I already know Cyan is around that color range.) Though having to choose a specific color is a must I suppose... sort of like painting a certain color because how I see navy blue is like about this color

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Plaid!!!
red-plaid-pleated-mini-skirt.jpg

:happy:

-Halla

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Magenta is like a darker pink. Cyan is like a bright blue-green, that is if we are talking about #00FFFF.

Well, pure magenta is #FF00FF, the color equidistant between red and blue. Pink is a name for high luminance/light tint red.

I suppose many would just call cyan, light blue. Technicalities in colours tend not to be important to many.

What's interesting is how there's no real consistency in what gets a name and what doesn't. Cyan is just as different from blue as magenta is. Cyan is substantially more different from blue than purple is. Why do we distinguish some colors and not others?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love that sunset-reddish glow over grassy lawns, birch trees and asphalt that is utterly impossible to capture in a picture.
Over here in northern Sweden we have, as you might know, sunlight almost 24 hours a day.
It does go below the horizon where I live, but it's never dark during the summer months. There's something special about all that time it spends hanging fairly low in the sky.
It makes stuff glow in a way they just don't with ordinary sunlight.
Everything is more beautiful, greener, richer. You might know what color I mean.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Primarily lighters blues, but I like Green (Like apple martini green) and Canary Yellow.

I got darker skin so I wear different shades well.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't really have one favorite color, but if I had to choose... blue-gray. Grayish blue? Color of twilight.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rose, pink, black, sky blue, navy blue, (blues in general), grey, white, beige, green