User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 50

  1. #1
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default Can anybody relate to this ?

    I know that this forum is probably N/Ni biased but none the less I want to compare some of my traits with other posters. I am doing this because I am trying to figure out why I don't get along with almost everybody in real life.
    We can talk to each other but I seem to have a fairy different prespective from pretty much everybody. What in the end is a dealbraker quite often.

    In other words I would like that other poters just answer a couple of questions honestly. If you are not sure you get the question just say so.


    1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?


    2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)


    3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.


    4. You feel comfortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?


    5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?


    6. Did you at one point in your life planned a joke for longer than 3 hours ?



    7 Do you often hava a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?



    8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberalty making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?



    9. You fairly quicky become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?



    10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?



    11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)



    12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?
    However at one pint you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?


    13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)



    14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?



    15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influental hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?


    16 You can't answer any question without knowinng the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)


    17 If you ever had a serious existental crisis at what age did is started and ended ? (if it ended)


    18 You put people in all kinds of situations just so see how they will react ?


    19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?


    20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?



    Ok this is enough for now.

  2. #2
    He who laughs
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I know that this forum is probably N/Ni biased but none the less I want to compare some of my traits with other posters. I am doing this because I am trying to figure out why I don't get along with almost everybody in real life.
    We can talk to each other but I seem to have a fairy different prespective from pretty much everybody. What in the end is a dealbraker quite often.

    In other words I would like that other poters just answer a couple of questions honestly. If you are not sure you get the question just say so.
    I feel that aswell, the interesting thing is the longer Im alone the more I think/feel normal. But am then disappointed by real life events.

    Can I just say that you might get different answers depending on the posters being extroverted or introverted. The situation for an ENTP compared to an INTP is quite different and they usually have very different ways of dealing with the world.

    1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?
    Yes it falls me natural to feel that way. Life is more complex than just living in the moment for me.


    2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong).
    That can be different from the use of Ne and Ni or dominant Ni to auxiliary Ne users. Because I do see a lot of possibilities and I like to be in brainstorming or possibility mode, but I rarely am that quick to pass judgement on my first impressions. I do it rarely atleast.


    3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.
    Yes that is my normal sleep cycle, I love sleep and I usually doze off a few times during the day but when I lie at night its like a ritual for my brain to use atleast an hour to contemplate my day or thoughts Ive had during the day.


    I will finish the other questions when I have time

  3. #3
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?
    No, but I plan to live forever.

    I still make plans in case I fail though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)
    yep, but convincing others of it is hard

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.
    Not anymore. I learned to clear my mind from Qigong we would do in karate class when I was a teen. Otherwise I would have trouble, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    4. You feel confortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?
    Yes, no. I think the next 100 years are going to be more eventful than the past few billion, so thinking past e.g. the 'technological singularity' is moot imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?
    Used to do it a lot, now I have a phone with GPS and google maps ;D

    ...so basically every time I walk more than 10 blocks I don't remember how I got there because I don't need to remember >.>

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    6. Did you at one point in your life planned a joke for longer than 3 hours ?
    Not actively, but sometimes I think of a good punchline days later.

    Unless you mean practical joke, in which case no not really; they're better in the spur of the moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    7 Do you often hava a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?
    Yes and no. I started watching for it and now I can sort of see the differences between people in this area. The trick is that people have certain pre-defined expected responses and they will try to put what you say into one of those boxes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberalty making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?
    Sort of... actually, you have to plan to be spontaneous. If you want to suddenly decide to go for a 4-hour walk in the woods, you have to make sure you have time, you have to put on your shoes, dress appropriately for the weather etc.

    I don't really believe in spontaneity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    9. You fairly quicky become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?
    Depends... games are always fun ;D or at least, it takes me a long time to get bored of them... and I am pretty good at convincing myself that what I'm doing is worthwhile (including meetings)

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?
    Absolutely not. I'll forget about it within 30 seconds, but it really bothers me when I can't match my socks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)
    Yes. Unless you mean 'there is no real world' in which case I'll disagree on faith.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?
    However at one pint you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?
    Not really...it goes more like, ok, I have a goal, these are the vague prerequisites for the goal, these are the prerequisites for that etc. etc. and I get a vague framework in a tree shape in my mind, then I start working on one of the basic elements (if possible, the one which will unlock the greatest number of subsequent steps)

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)
    Oh, absolutely branching nodes in this 'prerequisite tree' might not go in a 'logical' direction...

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?
    Not annoyed...afraid yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influental hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?
    No, if I want to live forever then I will probably need all of those things. So 'should' isn't really an issue... whether I can do it, and do it well, is the question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    16 You can't answer any question without knowinng the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)
    I usually try to think of all the possible contexts and either give an answer for every one I can think of, or better yet give an ambiguous answer which could go either way

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    17 If you ever had a serious existental crisis at what age did is started and ended ? (if it ended)
    14, 14. I worked through it pretty fast.

    Then again I have short ones every once in a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    18 You put people in all kinds of situations just so see how they will react ?
    No...well... not like, manipulate them into it, but in conversation yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?
    No. I have a problem verbalizing my thoughts because as soon as I start to put it into words, the thread begins to unravel...so by the time I'm finished a paragraph, I don't even remember what I was thinking anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?
    Relax - I relax too much, they think
    Simple - I definitely overcomplicate things sometimes.
    Fun - Sometimes I'm able to be 'fun' in the sense of getting drunk and being a loser, enough that it gets them off my case.
    Be less mean/direct - very occasionally. I'm pretty good at tact when I remember to employ it. :p
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  4. #4
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?

    Not as an individual. However I do appreciate the beauty of the continuum.

    2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)

    Sort of-I'd say I can do five or maybe ten-but they tend to converge and loop back on each other, then diverge. They kinda flow. More often when presented with a plan or a problem-I "feel" the problem in a tactile way-sort of grope it. Then the BAD part pops out at me as being obvious. On these gut feelings I'd say 80% accuracy.

    3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.

    No. My children suck my life away. But I keep thinking while I am sleeping.

    4. You feel confortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?

    That's just hysterical. but quite endearing. "Dont worry sweetie, in a few billion years the question of their being scary monsters in the closet going to eat you at bedtime wont be nearly so relevant."

    5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?

    Oh, hell, I drive this way.

    6. Did you at one point in your life planned a joke for longer than 3 hours ?

    No.

    7 Do you often hava a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?

    EVERYDAY.

    8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberalty making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?

    No. But I find I introduce random insanity into the plans of others. Death by questions.

    9. You fairly quicky become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?

    Implementation doesnt matter at all. Nothing I do has to be useful. It just has to be interesting intellectually. If something very big, I need to have an emotional investment. I walk down a beach and pick up rocks to find shiny beauties underneath.

    10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?

    Totally.

    11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)

    Totally. Buy all black socks though, so then it doesnt matter.

    12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?
    However at one pint you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?

    So this is weird. Yeah, kinda. I identify the big goal. It becomes a fixed point. How do I get there? What other fixed points must be met to get there? How do I measure if I actually got there?

    Then-How can I get there efficiently? How can I do so without hurting other people?

    Then-I find the pain points and try and avoid them if possible. But the paths to do all of this are big leaps with real fuzzy stuff in the middle. I dont worry about the fuzzy stuff till I am right on top of having to have it complete.

    13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)

    No, I typically seek to define the problem explicitly. Otherwise it isnt really a problem, thus not worth time solving.

    14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?

    No I get annoyed people for the stupid crap they do in the present and then forgive then within a day.

    15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influental hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?

    I dont choose to live by social norms and blatantly disregard them, but do have very specific Fi things I seek.

    16 You can't answer any question without knowinng the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)

    Noooo..I actually develop my own context so rapidly that I answer the question before the person has asked it.

    Them: "Hey do you know..."
    Me: "Its in the fridge on the second shelf.."
    Them: "How did you know..."
    Me: "I dunno, wanna go to lunch?"

    Or I may walk up to someone, see the look on their face, and just blurt out a one word answer to the question they havent asked yet.

    After being in the same company for six years, I understand the starting conditions so well, that I feel psychic some days, and the Ne context formation is quite accurate.

    17 If you ever had a serious existental crisis at what age did is started and ended ? (if it ended)

    I think you need an attention span for this. "Hmm, we are all hollow entities with no purpose and will just die and become useless dust with all of our contributions lost to the wind...that sucks...I wonder if cannas can grow in the front flower bed or if there isnt enough water...I like cannas, red ones, cause they are like big birds...I wonder if there are peppermint colored cannas...maybe I could breed them...how do you breed a canna...would you breed a white canna to a red canna to get pepperment..hmm I wonder if miRNAs could influence color in cannas..."

    18 You put people in all kinds of situations just so see how they will react ?


    Noooooooooo! But I do endlessly study people, map their interactions, and then observe the results of the situations they put themselves in. They I predict what they will do next or use the understanding/predictions to nuetralize any harm they may direct at me. Typically this is as simple as changing my mindset about the incoming information-thus they cannot hurt me. But I would not test another person as that could be very hurtful to them. Especially if it is in the context of a relationship as you are setting them up to fail.

    19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?

    I dont understand this one. EDIT: Perhaps because I say/type exactly what I am thinking at any given moment. I quite literally "think aloud".

    20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?

    I dont know what others think of me.

  5. #5
    Member woolgatherer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    32

    Default

    1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?

    Not really, at least not for me personally, besides just trying not to destroy the planet...

    2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)

    I never encounter this situation, but that sounds pretty fast.

    3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.

    Yes this is a problem sometimes.

    4. You feel confortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?

    Nope

    5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?

    If I'm walking with someone else this happens all the time. If I'm alone in a new place I probably need to make an effort to pay attention.

    6. Did you at one point in your life planned a joke for longer than 3 hours ?

    Nope

    7 Do you often hava a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?

    I wouldn't phrase it that way, but yeah I do think superficial social interaction is easier for most people other than me.

    8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberalty making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?

    Not at all, that sounds very J.

    9. You fairly quicky become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?

    I can't think of how this applies to my life, so it's probably not a big issue. I think concern with usefulness is a T thing.

    10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?

    I would probably feel self-conscious myself, but this might be normal behaviour for some NTs.

    11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)

    I don't think that way...

    12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?
    However at one pint you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?

    I definitely don't analyse my problem solving methods this much.

    13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)



    14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?

    Haha, possibly

    15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influental hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?

    I don't strive for the first two and don't bother to do what society might expect of me... but relationships are important to me.

    16 You can't answer any question without knowinng the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)

    Yeah, I've been having trouble with some of these questions because of that.

    17 If you ever had a serious existental crisis at what age did is started and ended ? (if it ended)

    I'm not sure

    18 You put people in all kinds of situations just so see how they will react ?

    No

    19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?

    I'm not sure

    20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?

    Nope, but I'm no INTJ.

    I think you're probably pretty typical for your type, which is a pretty rare one from what I've read. So it makes sense that you feel different from most people, but there are people who see things the way you do.
    Last edited by woolgatherer; 06-11-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: ...
    Introverted (I) 76.67% Extroverted (E) 23.33%
    Intuitive (N) 61.11% Sensing (S) 38.89%
    Feeling (F) 65.52% Thinking (T) 34.48%
    Perceiving (P) 80.65% Judging (J) 19.35%

  6. #6
    *hmmms* theadoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    586

    Default

    1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?

    I think I shouldn't worry about it, but I still do.

    2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)

    Of course, you base your forecasts/decisions on your knowledge and experiences. What is weird about that?

    3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.

    I'm pretty much an insomniac and this really happens to me on regular basis.

    4. You feel confortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?

    There's a typo in the word comfortable. No I don't do that. I try to avoid making insights in such a deep future, because even if I know the algorithm, i don't have a calculator to see how things will be after such a big period of time. Okay I'm talking very abstractly now, but i hope you get it.

    5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?

    Never, I'm actually good at orienteering and I don't remember myself ever gotten lost.


    6. Did you at one point in your life planned a joke for longer than 3 hours ?

    No, jokes come out randomly and naturally for me.

    7 Do you often hava a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?

    I don't really get what you meant. It's hard for me to figure out how people actually feel about other people or me, but I'm good at noticing patterns of behavior and communication models they are using to get what they want. Let's say for example You're being nice to me because you need smth. I would notice that by your behavior, but I would never be able to tell how do you actually feel about me as a person.

    8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberalty making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?

    No. I think being spontaneous for me is being able to fit unexpected opportunities in my schedule at the last minute.

    9. You fairly quicky become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?

    No, it's actually the opposite. My general knowledge is based on many random pieces of information. I get bored with repetitive and well known stuff or stuff that I don't have any clue or interest about.

    10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?

    No.

    11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)

    I've thought of that before when I was a kid, actually. Well, yes you can't be fully sure that the external world isn't just an illusion anyways.

    12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?
    However at one pint you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?

    No, I start from the current position and see where it goes. It must be a J thing you're talking about.

    13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)

    I just see where the problem takes me and choose the best solution, because after seeing a problem my mind quickly constructs many possible solutions and I just sort them out.


    14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?

    No, I avoid judging people without unreliable basis on it.

    15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influental hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?

    I've thought of that too. Well, in my opinion it's just your half choice+half chance. If you decide avoiding the norms and that makes your inner world more harmonic, you must be aware that the external world will suffer, because of the society pressure. All you have to do is make a decision which one of those worlds in the particular case is more important to you and be aware of the consequences the decision brings.

    16 You can't answer any question without knowinng the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)

    I don't understand what do you mean.

    17 If you ever had a serious existental crisis at what age did is started and ended ? (if it ended)

    I am having them periodically. Since I can remember myself.


    18 You put people in all kinds of situations just so see how they will react ?

    I like to experiment with people's emotions to a some extent, but I do it very carefully.

    19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?

    No, I'm actually good at explaining myself.

    20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?

    Yes, people tell me that quite often.
    Oh yeah?

  7. #7
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    lol, interesting to see where the differences are ;D

    It would help a bit if people actually posted their suspected type >.>
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  8. #8
    You have a choice! 21%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?
    I guess this depends on whether you believe in afterlife or not. I do, and I plan to grow and mature as a soul.

    2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)
    I've never had to deal with that many 'unlikely' scenarios. Not sure if I really understood the question.

    3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.
    It happens, but not to the extent of 'often'. I usually manage to fall asleep after three or four hours, though.

    4. You feel comfortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?
    I'm comfortable with the concept, but I don't think about everyday.

    5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?
    Sometimes. But usually it's in a familiar place. I don't go wandering around a strange place without keeping a look-out for possible danger.

    6. Did you at one point in your life planned a joke for longer than 3 hours ?
    Nope. Never. I only tell jokes when it's totally spontaneous.

    7 Do you often have a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?
    Actually I kind of know how they do it

    8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberately making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?
    No. The only time I can be spontaneous is when I feel really safe and happy.

    9. You fairly quickly become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?
    I become bored with things that are simply not interesting. Usefulness doesn't come into the equation.

    10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?
    Yes. But if it's something more obvious than socks, then I might start to get a bit self-conscious.

    11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)
    Yes. I've always entertained a thought that everyone sees colors differently And there's no way to either prove or disprove it.

    12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?
    However at one point you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?

    I have no problem with that description. However, I think it's not as straightforward as that. I make leaps and try to attack everything from different angles to see if it yields any results. It's like walking around a curious object and poking it with a stick.

    13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)
    Yes.

    14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?
    If I see a pattern and their behavior is predictable, then I guess yes.

    15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influential hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?
    I used to, before I realized that these 'norms' answer basic human instincts and there is no easy way to escape them.

    16 You can't answer any question without knowing the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)
    Yes, I love context.

    17 If you ever had a serious existential crisis at what age did it start and end ? (if it ended)
    Probably in my late teens. It hasn't totally ended yet, but I've learned to live with the fact that something simply isn't 'relevant'.

    18 You put people in all kinds of situations just so see how they will react ?
    No. I think about their comfort first and I try to leave them out of uneasy situations.

    19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?
    Not really. Whenever I think about things I tend to narrate the thought in my head using metaphors anyway. So when the time comes that I have to explain it to someone else, I just use the phrases I used to describe the thought in the first place.

    20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?
    I'm never mean to people. I do sometimes get stressed out, though.

  9. #9
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?

    Yes. The children are our future and stuff like that. I've never really gotten the mentality that "I don't care what happens after I die, I won't be here so people might as well drop dead too".

    2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)

    Maybe not 5-10 seconds, it might take a bit longer, depending on the issues at hand, but yes, relevant things pop out fast.

    3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.

    Not really. I started dealing with that in my teens, trying to think "happy thoughts" () that are bound to put me to sleep and not dwell on anything that important. I know that if I start doing that (sometimes it just happens), I would never get sleep. There would have to be other things that coincide and get me to the mindset when I can't stop my brain.

    4. You feel comfortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?

    I don't feel uncomfortable about it but no, I don't bother using it daily to put things in perspective.

    5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?

    It's not that I don't remember, it's more like watching a slow motion movie, when I try to remember afterwards how I got there. It's like I'm not present when I walk because I'm so deep in my thought.

    6. Did you at one point in your life planned a joke for longer than 3 hours ?

    No.

    7 Do you often hava a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?

    Yes. I've had that feeling for as long as I remember.

    8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberalty making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?

    I plan my spontaneity.

    9. You fairly quicky become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?

    Yes. Exactly.

    10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?

    No. I pay attention to what I wear, in order to avoid being embarrassed in public. Often compulsively. But I only wear stuff I feel comfortable in, not to impress anybody. Everything has to fit my own standards.

    11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)

    Ha. I haven't even thought about this.

    12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?
    However at one pint you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?


    Hm. Yes, but I do those things all at the same time. I have no problem switching from one to another and concentrate on different approaches, with other possibilities brewing at the back of my mind. I'm not even aware of it mostly, it's like bam, the big picture appears. In the end it's like a perfect piece of finished jigsaw puzzle where every bit fits.

    13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)

    Yup, multiple ways.

    14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?

    Definitely. Why can't they SEE?!?!?!?

    15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influental hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?

    Hahaha. Who told you? Well, I wouldn't mind being rich and having a loving family, but the hierarchy part is spot on. I've sort of defied the "norms" from an early age, some things people seem to want seem so pointless.

    Hm. Maybe I got the question wrong...

    16 You can't answer any question without knowinng the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)

    YES!

    17 If you ever had a serious existental crisis at what age did is started and ended ? (if it ended)

    14. Hasn't ended yet. Don't expect it to end like, ever.


    18 You put people in all kinds of situations just so see how they will react ?

    No, not in reality. I might think about it, though. Psychological experiments, ftw. But I would like to put myself in all kinds of situations most of all, just to see what I would be like.

    19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?

    Possibly.

    20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?

    No. I don't know what others think. Most of the time I don't ask and they don't tell.

  10. #10
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,128

    Default

    what is this "planning" you speak of?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFP, you can probably relate to this one
    By MrRandom88 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:17 PM
  2. [NF] NF's - do you relate to this?
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 03:43 AM
  3. Can anyone identify with or relate to this passage?
    By WithoutaFace in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 10:05 PM
  4. [NF] Can any INFJs(NFs) relate to this?
    By Sniffles in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 11:15 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Can you relate to or identify with me?
    By Tigerlily in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 11:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO