User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Man, I become an inanely cruel ISTP when I get pissed/depressed. I will flat out criticize the person on something that hurts them to the core and laugh about it. Also, I could care less about any insult they throw back at me.

In my regular state, I worry way too much about offending people and get offended pretty easily.
    I've seen this in an ISTP friend. Luckily, this wasn't toward me but man. It's harsh. I agree with Steph. I think enneagram type has a lot to do with this.

When I get depressed I don't want to be around anyone. I actually get very emotional - in private. I feel out of control. It's an overwhelming feeling.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Glycerine

yeah I agree w/ you guys. I'm am an ENFJ 3w4. I was describing my ISTP shadow so it's probably an exaggerated form of an ISTP.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Depression hits its hardest when I have failed at something that I feel should be easy as pie. I feel especially upset when something doesn't come to me as easily as I feel it should. The triggers that have sent me into an emotional whirlwind of disaster have been betrayal, not understanding what has gone wrong, or when I've

Basically what Pitseleh said. I find where to poke the sharp stick and I show no mercy as I stab a person repeatedly in their weak spots, laughing maniacally as I saunter away. I begin to do things to excess whether it be eating, exercising, drinking, drugs, etc.

Or I cry. A lot.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

My ESTJ shadow is more of a stress thing - then I get very snappy & critical. I have a rather nasty temper too, but it takes a lot of provoking to get there. Most people just see a mildly moody surface. Depression is more like a suction into a blackhole that makes me blank & detached on the outside.

Although I think my depression is pretty standard: lackadaisical, unmotivated, defeatist attitude, sluggish, weird sleep patterns, indulgence in comfort food or loss of appetite, escape into fantasy to block out unpleasant realities, lots of wasted days getting lost in musical & literary landscapes, glass of wine (or 2 or 3) to drown it out, isolation & withdrawal from friends/family/society, hopeless & cynical attitude....I think the Fi-Si loop explains it well. There's no motivation because perception of future possibilities has been stunted by focusing on the past hurts & disappointments. The only escape perceived is to block out the external world, be it through self-imposed exile or substances. But again, doesn't that sound like most depressed people?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESFJ

For me personally..

Cause: Being overwhelmed with responsibility and willingly taking on too much. Trapped with little options for escape. Other peoples negativity.

Symptoms: Withdrawn, smoke like a chimney, lose weight, upset tummy and i don't behave like my bubbly self. Push people away and become self destructive in that i will find fault and be critical of myself.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

For me, (seriously): My depression comes from being lonely or feeling abandoned or insecure. Critical, tightly wound people make me feel this way as well. Yelling and screaming make me feel like a scared child.

In this case I drink a lot and keep odd hours and sleep a lot and stop eating and am always tired and withdrawn.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    infp

cause: i got really depressed my first semester at school because i only had 3 or 4 friends there for a while. i've also been kind of depressed lately because of problems with a female friend at home. i think generally i get depressed when i feel that i'm lacking depth in my relatonships. or when i can tell that someone close is very upset with me (parents, friends).

behavior: lazier, less enthusiastic about everything, too little or too much sleep, irritability, more introverted. i also self medicated heavily with weed when i was really depressed.. i was consciously making the decision to smoke to forget about my problems. i just didn't care about anything.. only made sense to feel good the only way that worked. it's still kind of a problem but definitely not as bad as it was before. for a period of time i really hated going even 12 hours without getting high :\

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by soft View Post
    behavior: lazier, less enthusiastic about everything, too little or too much sleep, irritability, more introverted. i also self medicated heavily with weed when i was really depressed.. i was consciously making the decision to smoke to forget about my problems. i just didn't care about anything.. only made sense to feel good the only way that worked. it's still kind of a problem but definitely not as bad as it was before. for a period of time i really hated going even 12 hours without getting high :\
    INFPs, please, please, please take care of yourself when you're depressed. For people who love you, it hurts so much to see you go through so much pain, especially when you refuse to be cheered up and there's nothing anyone can do for you until you come out of it.

The world loves you more than you think

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    My ESTJ shadow is more of a stress thing - then I get very snappy & critical. I have a rather nasty temper too, but it takes a lot of provoking to get there. Most people just see a mildly moody surface. Depression is more like a suction into a blackhole that makes me blank & detached on the outside.

Although I think my depression is pretty standard: lackadaisical, unmotivated, defeatist attitude, sluggish, weird sleep patterns, indulgence in comfort food or loss of appetite, escape into fantasy to block out unpleasant realities, lots of wasted days getting lost in musical & literary landscapes, glass of wine (or 2 or 3) to drown it out, isolation & withdrawal from friends/family/society, hopeless & cynical attitude....I think the Fi-Si loop explains it well. There's no motivation because perception of future possibilities has been stunted by focusing on the past hurts & disappointments. The only escape perceived is to block out the external world, be it through self-imposed exile or substances. But again, doesn't that sound like most depressed people?
    Yeah, I identify with this, literally down to the fantasy world and the wasted days absorbed in books and music. I've never listened to so much music, watched so many movies and read so many books as when I was going through a really rough time - it was pretty much the only ways I could feel pleasure (aside from food). I guess I would add:

Causes: soul destroying job, feeling completely spiritually unfulfilled, extreme stress and pressure from university studies

Symptoms: short fuse, living in a hermit-like state, becoming completely and utterly self-indulgent. I have trouble denying myself anything I desire and selfishly pursue whatever I want, with little regard for cost, my health or the inconvenience of others. Also the stress tends to cause health issues - in other words, I worry myself into illness. I got bad stomach problems and at one point I actually lost my appetite altogether and had to force myself to eat at meal times purely for the sake of remaining alive. And strangest of all, I burst into tears in front of others completely unexpectedly on several ocassions - this is never happens to me

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone3 View Post
    Every Myers Briggs type has a shadow side that they convert to when under extreme stress. This is a new development, but very widely accepted so far. It's generally very much the opposite of your true nature.
    I'd prefer that this wasn't stated as fact. It's not true for everyone, and particularly untrue for me. Under stress I don't at all resemble an enfj, more like a really grumpy ISTP or perhaps ISFP, since it's usually emotional stress that bothers me.

When I'm sad (I assume this thread refers to that and not clinical depression), I withdraw from most people and become more likely to seek out the company of a few close friends. I tend to be bored all the time because I don't feel like doing anything, so I'll read a lot or watch tv or something. I'll get really short-tempered and irritable, and I might eat a bit more than usual, and sleep a lot in a conscious attempt to feel better - I get really grumpy when I don't get adequate sleep (at least 8h/night).

Causes are typically stress in relationships, or feeling like a failure. I don't get really depressive often enough to really analyze it, though.
    -end of thread-