• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Function change throughout day?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I noticed that I have some personality variances depending on the time of day. In the morning I don't think at all. :)

But after that cup of coffee my brain thinks in lists. What's happening now? What's happening next? What's next on my agenda? Who to see? What to do? How to achieve my daily goals?

As the night turns into evening I start to become more emotional/ (not in the crying sense) but that more emotions will start to kick in. I'm happy, I feel loving, I'm sympathetic, I'm more friendly and open, I'll start to tell more stories and have better humor.

And by nightfall my brain starts to flood with deeper emotions, ideas, and insights. I'm a lot lazier about completing actual tasks at this time though I might still be wide awake.

Anyone else have a general personality changing pattern throughout the day?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I attribute that to the functions still (or already) sleeping in my head :D

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I noticed that I have some personality variances depending on the time of day. In the morning I don't think at all. :)

But after that cup of coffee my brain thinks in lists. What's happening now? What's happening next? What's next on my agenda? Who to see? What to do? How to achieve my daily goals?

As the night turns into evening I start to become more emotional/ (not in the crying sense) but that more emotions will start to kick in. I'm happy, I feel loving, I'm sympathetic, I'm more friendly and open, I'll start to tell more stories and have better humor.

And by nightfall my brain starts to flood with deeper emotions, ideas, and insights. I'm a lot lazier about completing actual tasks at this time though I might still be wide awake.

Think of your personality as a fluid entity.

Like a pie chart where the different functions fluctuate from hour to hour. Like for example your use of Se would sometimes be 27% other times 29% and Fi sometimes 18% other times 20%, and so on with the other functions. That do not mean that you are changing personality just that you at certain times "adapt" (I know thats a no word in Jungs thinking but cant remember what word he used) to situations and that your brain activity is not static. Which really would be awful wouldnt it?

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Since they are like your eyes to the world, I would think they can be closed, half-lidded or wide-open as well :)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep, this happens to me too. If I'm working on a science project or homework, Te and Ti are put into active form, and I assume the INTJ role. If I'm at home relaxing to music and watching a movie, Fe and Fi come out more, especially if the songs and movies are really emotional. Ni is an enduring trait though.

There are some times when I'd take the cognitive processes test and score higher in Te, wait a couple hours when I get home from work/school, and decompress and Fe comes out more. I think my work personality is closer to the NT zone, whereas at home I'm much more NF-like.

It's definitely possible to have changes throughout the day. Different tasks you perform requires the use of different mental processes.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I noticed that I have some personality variances depending on the time of day. In the morning I don't think at all. :) Se

But after that cup of coffee my brain thinks in lists. What's happening now? What's happening next? What's next on my agenda? Who to see? What to do? How to achieve my daily goals? Te

As the night turns into evening I start to become more emotional/ (not in the crying sense) but that more emotions will start to kick in. I'm happy, I feel loving, I'm sympathetic, I'm more friendly and open, I'll start to tell more stories and have better humor. Fi

And by nightfall my brain starts to flood with deeper emotions, ideas, and insights. I'm a lot lazier about completing actual tasks at this time though I might still be wide awake. Ni

Sounds like you use your functions in a strong and well-balanced manner, which is a very good thing. :yes: Not a lot of people can do that.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like you use your functions in a strong and well-balanced manner, which is a very good thing. :yes: Not a lot of people can do that.

Oh, thank you. :)
I agree with you except that I was thinking days are Se/Te
Eves are Se/Fi (My "on" time of day, consequently)
nights are Fi/Ni

Do you find that yours change at different times of the day, too?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I actually mix and match my functions variably as the situation demands it. Most of the time I use all four at once.