User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 89

Thread: T women & F men

  1. #61
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default


  2. #62
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I don't think a double T or double F relationship would make for a good pair. Personally, I get more out of a relationship with an F than a T. I need someone that balances me, not reinforces my natural preferences. T women just don't manage to evoke the same feelings in me than F women do. With an F woman, I feel we both have seperate strengths and function as a team. With a T woman, we have similar strengths and so there is the potential for competition. However, the last thing I want in a relationship is to start arguing with my partner about the logic of X or Y. And I want to trust my partner to help me with the emotional/relational side of things.
    I'm curious, Maverick, what are you basing the bolded part on apart from extrapolation of your own preferences?

    (Not questioning your logic so far, just determining what it is. )

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Re the ENTP/INFJ pairing... I relate to what aelan says, my experiences of this both romantically and platonically is that ENTP seems to bring so much, but INFJ gives little in return but doe-eyed adoration and the occasional passive aggression when they feel slighted due to some insult that exists only in their head. But I wouldn't vouch for the healthiness levels of the INFJ's I've known though...
    FYI we've got at least three ENTPs on the board (Blackwater, meanlittlechimp and The_Liquid_Laser) who are in happy relationships with INFJs. How about starting a thread about the allure of the pairing and asking them to contribute?

    Here's a teaser:

    Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Currently with INFJ.

    Trust me guys (other ENTPs). It's the way to go, if you can catch one - do so. I can see how some of you might misjudge them, but they're not soft or prudish/bookish as some of the literature implies. If I told you everything, you wouldn't believe me (some of them really do have psychic powers - but hide them). It's best for you to find out on your own.

    Keirsey was right on this one - believe me. Of course, there will always be exceptions, but there is no doubt in my mnd, that if one measured %chance of a successful relationship, (for an ENTP) - it would significantly dwarf most other pairings.

  3. #63
    Senior Member JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Gay, shmay. I'm more interested to know if there's a male INFX anywhere in the world who didn't at one time or another go through a goth or emo-slash-hipster phase.
    I didn't. Reeks of affectation, plus I don't especially like the music. The Cure is too damn upbeat.

    However, was I ever dark, moody, depressive, self-hating, self-destructive and contemptuous of the world? Yeah. Did I wear a lot of black while doing that? Sometimes, but it was never a criterion for wardrobe selection. Also, I always judged my darkness, moodiness, depression, self-hatred, self-destructiveness and contempt for the world as being somewhat ridiculous. Maybe that's part of why I never bought into the subculture. I still find goth girls kind of hot (the thin ones, anyway, which is maybe 10&#37.




    As for the topic under discussion, let's not forget that in Shakespeare's day it was the men who were considered F (romantic/values-oriented) and the women who were considered T (pragmatic). The T = masculine paradigm has probably returned to dominance thanks to the age of reason.

  4. #64
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Gay, shmay. I'm more interested to know if there's a male INFX anywhere in the world who didn't at one time or another go through a goth or emo-slash-hipster phase.
    I haven't. I'm moody, but nowhere near emo or goth.

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Concerning your other points, my personal preferences are just that - personal. They are not to be argued with. Also, there's not much point in arguing whether T (wo)men are better or not than F (wo)men in a relationship with a T or F. It's like arguing if "Blue" is better than "Red". It's all a question of taste.
    Pefect. But if it's all a question of taste and it's no more complex than that, then why did you bother explaining the logic behind your reasoning? And if it's just personal, why did you say "I don't think a double T or double F relationship would make for a good pair."? That makes it sound like you believe it's more than a matter of taste, and that you have some reasoning behind why you don't think double Ts and double Fs would make good relationships, even when you're not one of the people in the relationshiop.

    I'm not trying to pick you apart, I'm just really curious. I like to study people. Your style of communication works great for me, because it's easy and fast and I automatically know that all objective statements are really subjective even if they are not stated that way, so I'm not easily hurt, conflicted, or thrown off by them. But there might be some people out there who don't take it the same way. I know a lot of what you said was from the personal point of view, but some of it wasn't.

    Now this is just me, but sometimes sharing an opinion seems a lot like presenting a case! I think I do it a lot. Like I'm a lawyer or something...
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. #66
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Pefect. But if it's all a question of taste and it's no more complex than that, then why did you bother explaining the logic behind your reasoning? And if it's just personal, why did you say "I don't think a double T or double F relationship would make for a good pair."? That makes it sound like you believe it's more than a matter of taste, and that you have some reasoning behind why you don't think double Ts and double Fs wouldn't make good relationships, even when you're not one of the people in the relationshiop.
    Exactly. This is where I was going, but you did it better than I would have.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Pefect. But if it's all a question of taste and it's no more complex than that, then why did you bother explaining the logic behind your reasoning? And if it's just personal, why did you say "I don't think a double T or double F relationship would make for a good pair."? That makes it sound like you believe it's more than a matter of taste, and that you have some reasoning behind why you don't think double Ts and double Fs would make good relationships, even when you're not one of the people in the relationshiop.

    I'm not trying to pick you apart, I'm just really curious. I like to study people. Your style of communication works great for me, because it's easy and fast and I automatically know that all objective statements are really subjective even if they are not stated that way, so I'm not easily hurt, conflicted, or thrown off by them. But there might be some people out there who don't take it the same way. I know a lot of what you said was from the personal point of view, but some of it wasn't.

    Now this is just me, but sometimes sharing an opinion seems a lot like presenting a case! I think I do it a lot. Like I'm a lawyer or something...
    It's impossible to determine for sure which option is best, because it ultimately depends on one's values. One person might value working on their weakness, another on their strengths, another on learning certain things from their partner, another from having a relationship with someone that is similar...

    We can argue for hours and it will be impossible to determine which option is best. So, it all comes down to a matter of personal opinion. My personal opinion is that it is better to have complementary partners. The logic behind this opinion has been presented, but the more you will argue, the more you will arrive at personal assumptions and/or values. In the end, the discussion will arrive at a dead end. It is pointless arguing. The only thing we can do is share opinions.

    We could also have had a discussion about music and I could have argued, seemingly logically, that X composer was better than Y composer for A reasons. I could then have asserted that listening to X composer is better. This is a personal opinion that I know has not a value of absolute truth. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - And if I think you're wrong and my way of doing it is better, I'm still entitled to saying it even if it concerns values that are impossible to demonstrate. You're then entitled to express that you don't agree. Differences of opinion are what make people interesting as it reflects their identity and beliefs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I'm curious, Maverick, what are you basing the bolded part on apart from extrapolation of your own preferences?

    (Not questioning your logic so far, just determining what it is. )
    On observations of couples that have stood the test of time around me, and my own opinion that it is better to have someone that will cater for your weakness and that you can help with your own strengths.

  8. #68
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    On observations of couples that have stood the test of time around me, and my own opinion that it is better to have someone that will cater for your weakness and that you can help with your own strengths.
    Ahh, so there is more to it than you've given the impression of so far. Which pairings do you know that have stood the test of time?

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Ahh, so there is more to it than you've given the impression of so far. Which pairings do you know that have stood the test of time?
    Looking at couples that have been together for more than ten years and that still report that they are happy together and in love: INTJ/ESFJ, ISTP/ENFJ, ISFJ/ESTP, INTP/ENFP, ISFJ/ENTJ, ISTJ/ENTJ, ISTJ/ENFx, ISTJ/ISTJ, ...

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    837

    Default

    I agree with everything you just said in that longer post, Maverick. I was more interested in the different ways that people communicate and share their ideas than the actual discussion. That's okay, though. I hate discussing things that I believe are painfully obvious to everyone so I'm done unless something fresh comes along.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO