User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: T women & F men

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Gay, shmay. I'm more interested to know if there's a male INFX anywhere in the world who didn't at one time or another go through a goth or emo-slash-hipster phase.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Gay, shmay. I'm more interested to know if there's a male INFX anywhere in the world who didn't at one time or another go through a goth or emo-slash-hipster phase.
    I never have. Although I did have a friend once tell me that I really needed to get a tattoo, piercing, or start dressing in black so I could stand out. Actually, a lot of my old teachers remember me as the goody two shoes Mormon boy. The only problem being that I've never been LDS.

MBTI
    INFJ

My husband is ENFJ. Very sensitive, very moody, but no crybaby (he literally never cries). Big and tall too, so nobody would ever think of him as "feminine" And he doesn't have any problem being a Feeler, in fact he's proud of it, and one of his main goals in parenting our son is to teach him to be sensitive to others' feelings (you can imagine he wasn't terribly happy when I told him I think our son is INTJ: he was so hoping he'd be xNFJ like us )

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    pretty much all of my best friends are female (and my best male friend is INFJ). i feel less pressure from females to exhibit stereotypically "masculine" traits (Te-ish stuff).
    Ah! So that explains why my youngest son gets along so well with girls!

He's a 14 year old ENFJ and he has always played better with the girls than with the boys. I just thought it was because he's so verbal and likes to read... not the typical rough and tumble boy like his ISTP brother.

He does have some friends who are boys but they are also very verbal and somewhat intellectual.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    My husband is ENFJ. Very sensitive, very moody, but no crybaby (he literally never cries). Big and tall too, so nobody would ever think of him as "feminine" And he doesn't have any problem being a Feeler, in fact he's proud of it, and one of his main goals in parenting our son is to teach him to be sensitive to others' feelings (you can imagine he wasn't terribly happy when I told him I think our son is INTJ: he was so hoping he'd be xNFJ like us )
    Don't despair. I think INTJs can be taught empathy but they have to experience being put in someone else's shoes for it to sink in, I think.

MBTI
    ENTP

I've noticed that ENFJ seems to be the most 'acceptable' male Feeler type... I think I read somewhere in an ENFJ profile once that unlike other male Feelers, they more often than not come across as very much a sorta "man among men", as long as they're healthy...

It seems also that ENTP is the female Thinking type that gets the least trouble/invalidation of her femininity. If I think of digest and aelan, I think of people who are, though feisty (in a good way) very much female and feminine. Perhaps the general loopiness of the ENTP softens the appearance of the 'coldness' that would otherwise be conspicuous in a female Thinker?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I think being bitchy and cold is indipedent from being a T female, there are F females that are just that way. Personally I know 2 ENTJ females that are very feminine in appearance even if they're rather though in everything else, and 2 ESTP woman that instead are rather eh, male-like kind of, even if they're sexy. I've known ENFJ and ISFJ women that were far bitchier and "cold" than any of those 4s (not to bash the types, just to compare).

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

It's not all bad being an ESTP chick! I've had my fair share of men, they just usually are the type who are very confident in thier manhood and are willing to let me be me! They usually find me to be a refreshing alternative to girly girls and LOVE the fact that I'm very in touch with my environment and always am in control of my body! (and a girl who likes playing sports has benefits as well, if guys would only recognize that! )

I was going to argue with you there Sub, that it's probably ALL ExTPs who have it easiest at appearing girly-but I'm not very loopy! I'm just a non-girly girl who generally knows exactly what she's doing and always dresses for it! Men who are in doubt about thier manliness fear me but then again, confidence is sexy, right?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    It's not all bad being an ESTP chick! I've had my fair share of men, they just usually are the type who are very confident in thier manhood and are willing to let me be me! They usually find me to be a refreshing alternative to girly girls and LOVE the fact that I'm very in touch with my environment and always am in control of my body! (and a girl who likes playing sports has benefits as well, if guys would only recognize that! )

I was going to argue with you there Sub, that it's probably ALL ExTPs who have it easiest at appearing girly-but I'm not very loopy! I'm just a non-girly girl who generally knows exactly what she's doing and always dresses for it! Men who are in doubt about thier manliness fear me but then again, confidence is sexy, right?
    Aehm I wanted to say, I think that sometimes there are different reasons rather than problems with confidence; I think that for example I'd butt heads with another ExTx type (I generally do even if they're males)? I mean the ESTPs I know sure are sexy but I can imagine if we discuss about a topic and both of us think we're right the argument could be never ending and well, it could end up well in a bed fight for sure but on the longer term, it'd be hard to sustain?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it's the same with ExFx, but they call me a cold hearted bitch while arguing! Eh... everyone's stubborn- it's you J types who just take it so SERIOUSLY! (the Ps I've dated have gotten over arguments a lot faster!)

I dated a guy who was not confident in his manhood before though, and that only let to him whining about me making him feel like a woman- that didn't end up working out! Experiences like THAT are what led me to type that!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett