User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think it would do you well to take a step back for a moment and recall that people existed first, and the theory was supposed to be derived from them.

As such, you could in a sense equate humanity (REAL HUMAN behavior) to the noumenal and the MBTI theory as a subset of the Real (thus equatable to the phenoumenal).

So you've taken a theory that is already less than the "Real" and are theorizing based on it, then trying to slap it back over top of the Real.

It's not going to match up. It can't. It's just a theory and can't contain all the nuances and distinctions of the Real. It will be reflective to some degree, but it's going to have inconsistencies and flaws. Such as the one we are uncovering here.
    Here is the kind of a thing that this is. Galileo once said that mathematics is the language that God wrote the Universe with. Hence it is a symbolic representation of how natural law works. Type is just the faculties that our personality uses. The way it is used usually depends on the environment one is subjected to.

All in all saying how you cant systemize it is just a cop-out.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    There is your answer.
    And you've got no argument.

MBTI
    INFP

intj's are more analytical

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cut the grass View Post
    intj's are more analytical
    ha ha, here's a new tagline:

SW puts the "anal" back in "analytical"

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Fine. Let me know when you come up with a theory that actually works consistently, and I'll applaud.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Here is the kind of a thing that this is. Galileo once said that mathematics is the language that God wrote the Universe with. Hence it is a symbolic representation of how natural law works. Type is just the faculties that our personality uses. The way it is used usually depends on the environment one is subjected to.

I think equating typology to a quantifiable system such as mathematics is folly. The human mind is analog and cannot be completely accurately measured with a binary system such as MBTI. It can be very helpful, but it does not reflect the truth of the mind in as much detail as mathematics reflects the truth of the universe.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I think equating typology to a quantifiable system such as mathematics is folly. The human mind is analog and cannot be completely accurately measured with a binary system such as MBTI. It can be very helpful, but it does not reflect the truth of the mind in as much detail as mathematics reflects the truth of the universe.
    Type is supposed to deal with the unconscious mind. That is entirely outside of our experience. Personality changes, type does not. We really cant talk about type in a meaningful fashion because we cant access it. At best we could guess about what it may be like based on the way it shows itself through personality. Mathematics was just an allegory, I am not equating type with that.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Nonesense. Words are exactly like math... they are completely accurate in respresenting their meaning!

Why, just yesterday, I defined f = -9.8 in my physics books, and instead of falling off off the building, I flew! Believe in the power of math... It will set you free!

MBTI
    type

We need Xander in here to assist with our definitions.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    We need Xander in here to assist with our definitions.
    Oh.

God.

*looks around frantically for pistol..*

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by raincrow007 View Post
    Oh.

God.

*looks around frantically for pistol..*

If you can do me a favor, shoot me first before you take your own life.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft