User Tag List

First 45678 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    In the same way Wikileaks may expose Mrs Briggs and her daughter Mrs Myers as plagiarists as well.
    So does explicitly mentioning Jung all over the preface and other portions of Gifts Differing somehow not count as citing their sources?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Keirsey is such crap...oh wait, this why I no longer believe in MBTI. That too.

I only believe in Jungian cognitive theory. So I guess I don't believe in MBTI, for all intents and purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Keirsey is such crap...oh wait, this why I no longer believe in MBTI. That too.

I only believe in Jungian cognitive theory. So I guess I don't believe in MBTI, for all intents and purposes.
    I've come around to Keirsey a little bit. But I don't think he acknowledges the capacity for self-interest in NFPs. Or how long they spend searching for themselves.

Not necessarily bad self-interest. It just could be that we want to live private lives too. Maybe we have a knack for researching or living up in the hills writing books or being painters. I'm not necessarily out to live a life consoling or guiding others. I don't have all the answers. I kind of resent that he plays this up in his book, and then calls SPs hedonists. A lot of them are perfectly equipped to help people.. sometimes in the best, practical ways that others need (edit: I don't think really said much about that. It's just sort of implied).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I've come around to Keirsey a little bit. But I don't think he acknowledges the capacity for self-interest in NFPs. Or how long they spend searching for themselves.

Not necessarily bad self-interest. It just could be that we want to live private lives too. Maybe we have a knack for researching or living up in the hills writing books or being painters. I'm not necessarily out to live a life consoling or guiding others. I don't have all the answers. I kind of resent that he plays this up in his book, and then calls SPs hedonists. A lot of them are perfectly equipped to help people.. sometimes in the best, practical ways that others need (edit: I don't think really said much about that. It's just sort of implied).
    The problem with Keirsey is that it leads to very unrealistic stereotypes like: all SJs are religious and conservative, ISFJ women don't like sex...I've seen heinous, heinous descriptions on-line in the name of Keirsey, implying that most feminists are NFs, and that if you're turned on by arguing or intense emotion, you must be SP!

Who. types. themselves. by. this. garbage.

I could never take Keirsey standing on its own. It's completely unacceptable. It attributes too specifically beliefs and ways of being to people. It's overly simplistic.

Jungian theory is the only holistic and accurate way to type people, in my opinion.

I gave up on JCF for a while...but that's because I wasn't getting it. I was making the same mistakes I now see people making all the time (when I do this I use Ti, when I do that I use Se, etc.) ...and when it finally clicked I see its blatant superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Wikileaks is now exposing Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, the son of Gaddafi the dictator, and Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg, the Defence Minister of Germany, as plagiarists.
    It is a little late for that. He has already resigned.

Smile

I don't believe in MBTI simply because it starts with a lie.

And the lie is that MBTI is a personality test.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

@victoria OMG...I guess since someone supports the MBTI, then they are anti-Enlightenment, and therefore...supportive of child rapists and slavery?

And the allusion to eugenics, and therefore we are NAZI's too?

MBTI does not equal astrology.

Just because I have preferences does not mean I can't use the other functions.

However, the things describe by MBTI type theory were already well established parts of my identity before I took the test. I originally took it blind, not having any idea what it was.

In astrology you look at what star or what month, and then decide something based on that, but I've always be introverted and the other things; they were parts of my identity before I took the test. How can you possibly relate MBTI and astrology as being the same category?

And I support civil rights, criminal prosecution of child molesters, and rights for women, and it is outrageous for you to suggest that someone who supports the MBTI supports child molesters.

Edit: Also, Elfboy is right. I only stayed 14 days in the military.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

MBTI is simplistic, to say the very least. Jung does better justice to the cognitive functions, in my books.

However, a classification is just a classification: I'll love the day where neuroscience can illuminate how people act according to how the brain works, plus some personal history of the person [the latter being very important, and unfortunately neglected in psychological studies].
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

Confidence Tricksters

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    How can you possibly relate MBTI and astrology as being the same category?
    Easy, astrologers and MBTI mavens speak in exactly the same way - they speak with complete confidence about which they have no empirical evidence.

This is called, "a confidence trick".

Run for your lives!