User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Smile Research and MBTI

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    The MBTI doesn't do further research.
    Yes, in seveny years I understand no random double blind experiments have been done on MBTI.

So I think the question we should ask the USA military and USA business is why have they used MBTI for seventy years but in all that time have done not one random double blind experiment?

Smile Angels and Empirical Evidence

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    The book psychological types, was written in 1921, when psychology was at it's beginning, so instead of making money with personality tests, they should have researched some more.
    Carl Jung himself admits that his book, "Personality Types", is based on no empirical evidence. And it is simply not possible to do research when there is no empirical evidence.

That is why no research is done on angels, because there is no empirical evidence.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I don't understand. It's just a perspective to assist in simplification.

Smile A Mother or a Gestational Carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I don't understand. It's just a perspective to assist in simplification.
    What's to understand?

The USA military and USA business have been using MBTI for seventy years to commodify recruits and employees.

This is perfectly natural in a society devoted to commodifying everything and everyone, from women to babies. You can now buy a baby in the USA and the mother has been commodified into a 'gestational carrier'.

But just as we banned guns in Australia, we are about to ban 'gestational carriers'.

So take your pick - to do want to be a commodity in the USA or a person in Australia? Do you want to be a mother in Australia or a gestational carrier in the USA?

MBTI
    ENTP

Romania would become the world's leading baby producer, China wouldn't stand a chance !!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What's to understand?

The USA military and USA business have been using MBTI for seventy years to commodify recruits and employees.

This is perfectly natural in a society devoted to commodifying everything and everyone, from women to babies. You can now buy a baby in the USA and the mother has been commodified into a 'gestational carrier'.

But just as we banned guns in Australia, we are about to ban 'gestational carriers'.

So take your pick - to do want to be a commodity in the USA or a person in Australia? Do you want to be a mother in Australia or a gestational carrier in the USA?
    So, MBTI "disrupts" our perceptions of what "humans" are? It may lead to certain biases but I don't think the source of the problem is the system itself. Perhaps the "execution" of it.

I'm not informed about "American MBTI", where can I find data?

MBTI
    ENTP

Question:

By reading something that 'predicts your behavior' and accepting it, wouldn't some people set a specific course to their behavior? (acting out your type) Wouldn't you give even more priority to your preferences, and less priority to the less preferred functions?

(I don't have anything against the MBTI, but I think this is interesting)

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

there is little empirical data because the techniques to quantify such data do not exist or are not very reliable at this time. psychology has only been around since the 1920s and brain research since the 1970s. even the most accomplished brain researches at best probably understand 1% of brain cognition and how it really works. we have hit the tip of the iceburg of psychology, but nothing more.

Smile MBTI and the Enlightenment

The reason I don't believe in MBTI is because it is anti the Enlightenment.

The Enlightenment gave us the abolition of slavery in 1833, the emancipation of women in the 20th Century, and the criminal prosecution of child sexual abuse in the 1990s.

The Enlightenment also gave us science and technology, liberal democracy and modern economics, as well as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And modern Australia sprang from the Scottich and English Enlightenment.

The Enlightenment is based on evidence and reason and human rights, while MBTI is astrology for the college educated.

And this should come as no surprise as, Personality Types, was written by Carl Jung who freely and openly supported the evil side in WW II, and sexully abused his female patients, and admitted, Personality Types, was based on no empirical evidence. And Jung wrote, Personality Types, to complement the eugenicist, somatic types.

So I critique MBTI on both moral and scientific grounds.

And I support the Enlightenment for moral and practical reasons..

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And this should come as no surprise as, Personality Types, was written by Carl Jung who freely and openly supported the evil side in WW II, and sexully abused his female patients, and admitted, Personality Types, was based on no empirical evidence. And Jung wrote, Personality Types, to complement the eugenicist, somatic types.
    "Dies Buch ist die Frucht einer beinahe zwanzigjährigen Arbeit im Gebiete der praktischen Psychologie. Es ist gedanklich allmählich entstanden, einmal aus unzähligen Eindrücken und Erfahrungen der psychiatrischen und nervenärztlichen Praxis sowohl, wie des Umganges mit Menschen aller sozialen Schichten, sodann aus meiner persönlichen Auseinandersetzung mit Freund und Feind, und schließlich aus der Kritik der psychologischen Eigenart meiner selbst."
    - C. G. Jung, Vorrede zu 'Psychologische Typen'