User Tag List

First 123

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Wind is moving air; sandwhich touching and air touching are both touching.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    infp

It is conceptualized by identifying it's chemical make up, that's how we know it exists. Wind is generated by the sun through heat distribution which reacts with air-- in this case we are no longer isolating air singularly, we are relying on other aspects of existence to identify air into our perception. Though wind involves air, the conceptualization of air relies upon extraneous phenomena to identify it into perception in a similar way that naming it connotes a singular form of existence despite the various chemical compounds which it is made up of. We do not perceive nitrogen for example though it is part of what makes up air (but I can conceptualize it).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I lost you guys in the air conversation, dearest sympathies.
    But I will say regarding your question on what an ENTJ thinks of religion and God, and I speak for myself here... Ahem.

Being raised by a very strict Catholic family, I've always found the idea of church to just be silly. I don't understand why people, such as my lovely family, put this blinding faith in something so illogical. I don't doubt the bible in having a grain of truth somewhere in there, but I think that (on a whole) religion is there to make people feel as though life means something. That there isn't all there is, that someone up there is keeping score. And I find THAT particular idea comforting, but I can't bring myself to believe FULLY in a higher power. I don't feel the need to dabble in religion on most occasions...but at times, I feel envious of those people who can take comfort in such a thing.

If that makes sense, which I'm sure it doesn't. Bahaha.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    And I find THAT particular idea comforting.
    I feel envious of those people who can take comfort in such a thing.
    If that makes sense, which I'm sure it doesn't.
    Eh, you might be right.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    infp

Being raised by a very strict Catholic family, I've always found the idea of church to just be silly. I don't understand why people, such as my lovely family, put this blinding faith in something so illogical. I don't doubt the bible in having a grain of truth somewhere in there, but I think that (on a whole) religion is there to make people feel as though life means something. That there isn't all there is, that someone up there is keeping score. And I find THAT particular idea comforting, but I can't bring myself to believe FULLY in a higher power. I don't feel the need to dabble in religion on most occasions...but at times, I feel envious of those people who can take comfort in such a thing.

If that makes sense, which I'm sure it doesn't. Bahaha.
    My boyfriend said something along those lines too-- basically that a lot of people need to believe in a God in order to get out of bed in the morning.