User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Are J's or P's more confident?

It's been my impression that P's are more naturally confident. Or, maybe it's arrogance, I don't know which, but it seems to work. Of course, to me, it seems like J's are naturally more competent though but not as confident. These are just budding thoughts I have. What is your impression?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Js worry and schedule more, which makes them appear more uptight and less naturally free and confident that they can work things out spontaneously and abruptly. Ps don't have the need to be prepared for every single little thing so they don't worry as much and as result, appear like they know what they are doing at any given moment. But that's a grand generalization.

Sometimes, I worry and schedule and my J friend is just chilling so we switch confident vibes.

Hm. I always thought of Js as confident. Like they have everything under control/less spazzy, as though they can face things better, because they have prepared... yes, this sort of calm confidence or something.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Js worry and schedule more, which makes them appear more uptight and less naturally free and confident that they can work things out spontaneously and abruptly. Ps don't have the need to be prepared for every single little thing so they don't worry as much and as result, appear like they know what they are doing at any given moment. But that's a grand generalization.

Sometimes, I worry and schedule and my J friend is just chilling so we switch confident vibes.
    I think you're onto something here....

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Hm. I always thought of Js as confident. Like they have everything under control/less spazzy, as though they can face things better, because they have prepared... yes, this sort of calm confidence or something.
    I think of introverts are more calm, not necessarily J's. J's are less spontaneous and more decisive so they seem more under control and less spazzy. I'm not sure if they face things better though because they may take less risks and be more apprehensive.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Depends.

I've found that Js seem more confident, but that Ps tend to actually be more confident.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've always envied how together that Js seem to be... don't shatter my illusions
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I think this is individual or at least it highly depends on other 3 letters as well.
    Also big five's neuroticism letter probably play a important role when it comes to this.

Btw confidance =/= skill

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Schedules seem to make some Js feel more confident and competent like they have control, or at least, it makes them appear so. Conversely, scheduling can take confidence away from Ps because they equally do not feel competent, because they do not have control of the situation (but in a different way, like 'Oh my God, I have to stick to this so how can I be in control? What if I go wrong now?'

Speaking as a strong P, I am not confident, though I might appear so because once I have thought long about a subject, and once I have done good research, I can improvise quite well. I will not pretend to be learned in things I don't know a lot about, and hence only improvise on a subject I'm sure of, if I talk about it at all. I do however know some strong ExxPs who might come across as arrogant to you, because they will get involved in simply anything for 10mins and then bluff their way through later as some kind of expert, that's only a few though.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've always envied how together that Js seem to be... don't shatter my illusions
    Hmm... well, with some J's I think what you actually do and how you feel won't always be in agreement so it can create false appearances. They may do things out of responsibility but not really like it.

I find that P's are more boastful, in general. I assume it's because they feel more proud of themselves.

I wonder if I'm imagining things or if there really is a difference now and if so why it exists.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

My wild speculation here (it's probably better than all of yours, but still not good enough in objective terms ) is that there isn't a confidence difference of any noticable degree between Js and Ps.

I do however think there seems to be a difference in confidence between P-doms and J-doms. That if you were to combine them as a whole, EPs + IJs are more confident than EJs + IPs. P-doms more confident than J-doms.

However, I have to stop myself and ask, "confident in what?". I suppose anybody right now could leap in and find a specific kind of confidence where it works reverse of what I said.

So basically, when I say confidence, I mean confidence in one's own judgement.
    Go to sleep, iguana.