User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are J's or P's more confident?

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Hmm... well, with some J's I think what you actually do and how you feel won't always be in agreement so it can create false appearances. They may do things out of responsibility but not really like it.

I find that P's are more boastful, in general. I assume it's because they feel more proud of themselves.

I wonder if I'm imagining things or if there really is a difference now and if so why it exists.
    I know that ExTPs are good at appearing confident when they feel like sh!t about themselves... just covering things up

Js just seem so solid somehow
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

9w1 sx/so

p's are confident in their ability to improvise and j's are confident in their well devised plans...or their competence...i think.

eta: i should read before i post sorry just to regurgitate.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Maybe if the P relies on more than just their dominate function (y'know, like being holed up too much as an ISFP would do nothing for need competence by exploring with Se. Same goes for INFPs who don't get out enough). Otherwise, you're going to misjudge or do something off, and look like a fool, and the more you act that way, the more your confidence would drop.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I know that ExTPs are good at appearing confident when they feel like sh!t about themselves... just covering things up
    Indeed. Also:
    I'm unconfident whenever I'm preparing... like preparing lessons, I feel like I'm the worst teacher ever and I would never be able to explain this / make such a boring subject interesting / react well on interruptions / keep the order...
    But when I'm in class, the worries are gone and I feel like I'm the best. Would that not be typical for a P?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

9w8 so/sx

I'm not at all confidant about closure. My opinion can always change as there is always more information that could completely change everything. I have confidence in my competence though