• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Direction The Arrow?

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Direction is not indicative of the path. This is why it is not the arrow. Direction is indicator of what you usually already know - the destination.

The arrow is the result of your processing, and your own vague reminder.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Direction is an illusion, but so is the contemplation of its illusory state...

It doesn't really matter. Just think about it at least...

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because if there were no space between the notes and sounds, it would sound like a painful cacophony with almost unintelligible sounds, and thus be noise instead of music?

Yes. A cacophony is a virtual failure. Nothing would exist. Everything would come down in a crunch.

It's almost like how we get colour, isn't it?

It's not quite that...they are "spaces" per se, I think. Just void.

Can you imagine everything being contained in one thing? What would this be?

(...btw maybe someone might wanna combine my posts heh)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Oh, so the reasoning about the arrows applies to MBTI as well? You're saying that the types aren't indicating anything absolute, but only relative to something else, the person's own interpretations of the signs.

Direction is not indicative of the path. This is why it is not the arrow. Direction is indicator of what you usually already know - the destination.

The arrow is the result of your processing, and your own vague reminder.

Very good. Sometimes it's hard to believe you're as young as you are. But then I remember that older people sometimes struggle with what you solve easily, and then I remember that age and experience help with certain kinds of understanding, but not others. It's strange.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, athenian200.

The MBTI is not about the 16 types. The 16 types is about the MBTI.
The MBTI does not recognize the 16 types.

Longitude and latitude recognize the Earth? Well.. almost.
Does the the Earth recognize longitude and latitude?

The latitude or the longitude is applicable beyond the measure?
No.
Are the 16 types applicable beyond their measure?
No.

Is the MBTI applicable beyond the measure?
What measure?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Have you ever heard of the "Big Bang" theory? Essentially, it claims that the entire universe was an infinitely dense singularity containing all matter that somehow expanded out from one point. I don't understand physics well enough to explain it better than that, though.

Yes, athenian200.
The MBTI is not about the 16 types. The 16 types is about the MBTI.
The MBTI does not recognize the 16 types.

Longitude and latitude recognize the Earth? Well.. almost.
Does the the Earth recognize longitude and latitude?

The latitude or the longitude is applicable beyond the measure?
No.
Are the 16 types applicable beyond their measure?
No.

Is the MBTI applicable beyond the measure?
What measure?

So... what is the underlying thing being measured in MBTI? It's not as obvious as it is with direction (points in space). It's got to do with personality, but it isn't as clear what location is what. I don't know if I've reached the destination, or even if I can.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
So... what is the underlying thing being measured in MBTI? It's not as obvious as it is with direction (points in space). It's got to do with personality, but it isn't as clear what location is what. I don't know if I've reached the destination, or even if I can.

Perception of personalities, vs personalities per se? *aelan takes a stab in the black hole*

Edit: To the posters who say they've difficulty understanding wildcat's posts, I'm not sure if this is any use, but this book "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" reminds me of the thought patterns in wildcat's posts somehow?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
It's almost like how we get colour, isn't it?

It's not quite that...they are "spaces" per se, I think. Just void.

(...btw maybe someone might wanna combine my posts heh)
The Existentialist Question.

What exists does not contain. What contains does not exist.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Have you ever heard of the "Big Bang" theory? Essentially, it claims that the entire universe was an infinitely dense singularity containing all matter that somehow expanded out from one point. I don't understand physics well enough to explain it better than that, though.

The universe inflated. An accomodation.

Before it was there?
After it was there?
When it was there?

Valid questions?

Valid only if the measure exists outside of what it measures.

There exists a time span between cause and effect?
Destination has a preference?

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Isabella did not think so.

Well, that's because Isabella was operating under the assumption that directions do exist in some form rather than being entirely illusory, regardless of the objective truth if that ever exists. Remove that assumption and you also remove the framework for such contemplation - or rather, your contemplation becomes contemplation for its own sake, not for the purpose of reaching any conclusion.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow. Can you people (sassafrassquatch, LadyJaye) really not understand this?

I can speak for my sister that she was just kidding. :D But seriously, the question is kinda out there and you must concede that the minimalist language makes it unnecessarily difficult to determine what Wildcat is driving at.

I understood what he meant, but for those who didn't (or didn't bother), I think it would be unfair to use that as a barometer of comprehension or intelligence of the board members.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, that's because Isabella was operating under the assumption that directions do exist in some form rather than being entirely illusory, regardless of the objective truth if that ever exists. Remove that assumption and you also remove the framework for such contemplation - or rather, your contemplation becomes contemplation for its own sake, not for the purpose of reaching any conclusion.
Conclusion is for the town council, for the police chief and the judge and the family dentist.

Contemplation is for understanding only.

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Conclusion is for the town council, for the police chief and the judge and the family dentist.

Not necessarily. Conclusion can be the outward expression of contemplation. The arrow represents a conclusion. One can, for example, contemplate direction as long as one wishes, but to express it outside one's realm of thoughts, one would require the use of the arrow. (again, its illusory/real state notwithstanding)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Not necessarily. Conclusion can be the outward expression of contemplation. The arrow represents a conclusion. One can, for example, contemplate direction as long as one wishes, but to express it outside one's realm of thoughts, one would require the use of the arrow. (again, its illusory/real state notwithstanding)
Indeed?