• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Direction The Arrow?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
No.
Direction is an illusion.

What is the Arrow?
Wrong question.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
No.
Direction is an illusion.

What is the Arrow?
Wrong question.

Is it an illusion our minds create for us to move through three-dimensional space effectively, even though reality isn't actually organized that way?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Is it an illusion our minds create for us to move through three-dimensional space effectively, even though reality isn't actually organized that way?
Exactly.

The handyman is a tool only.

It is efficient as long as we understand it is not there.

I am no longer surprised by your acumen.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Exactly.

The handyman is a tool only.

It is efficient as long as we understand it is not there.

I am no longer surprised by your acumen.

What's strange is that even though I know this, I'm still likely to rely on direction to navigate physically, because it's the only way I can think of to find a physical place using my senses. What does that mean?

And why do you think I'm insightful? Is it because everyone else keeps misinterpreting what you're saying? I thought they were just joking... I didn't think they could actually be misunderstanding it.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Music is silence.

Space is an accomodation for the numbers.
A silence beween sounds.

Up and down. Right and left.
= Arrow?

A point in direction?

What direction?

Arrow is not what.

Direction thwarts itself.
Arrow thwarts direction.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Music is silence.

Space is an accomodation for the numbers.
A silence beween sounds.

Because if there were no space between the notes and sounds, it would sound like a painful cacophony with almost unintelligible sounds, and thus be noise instead of music?

Up and down. Right and left.
= Arrow?

A point in direction?

What direction?

Arrow is not what.

So, you're saying an arrow indicates what we perceive as direction because of its position/location relative to the thing it is intended by its creator to lead one to? On it's own, it would indicate nothing. Its meaning is in its position and location.

Is that it?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
arrow is a symbol... and a restriction?

My old piano teacher told me I didn't play the music right. Did not follow the intended directions.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
And why do you think I'm insightful? Is it because everyone else keeps misinterpreting what you're saying? I thought they were just joking... I didn't think they could actually be misunderstanding it.

Yes. They are.

The same way an arrow is an accepted form of direction. Wildcat moves through the mind in ways no usual arrow moves, simply.

A lack of arrows does not equate a lack of direction. The ability to navigate is independent of the tools.

Direction thwarts itself.
Arrow thwarts direction.

But where the absence of normal tools exist, the arrival will be questioned.

If you try to understand him by your rules, you will not. Understanding how he navigates, by his arrows, to arrive at his point, is the key? :yes:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An arrow is simply a marker in relative space. We need it because we can only humanly grasp three dimensions plus time.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What in earth are you all talking about? :thinking:

or is the better like this:

What on earth are you all talking about? :thinking:

:thinking:

sassafrassquatch

*reads*

:huh:

*reads again*

sign0094.gif

Can anyone explain what's up with wildcat always making these cryptic posts?

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Direction is an illusion, but so is the contemplation of its illusory state...

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
At what point does this conversation turn into pure energy? And then what will be the definition for that?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wow. Can you people (sassafrassquatch, LadyJaye) really not understand this? I think you must be kidding, perhaps making fun of wildcat's unusual speech patterns (and that's not very nice). It's practically right in front of you everyday. Seriously, that seems a bit like using something for several years, and not knowing what color or shape it is, except you've been using this practically since you were born.

If there are really so many people who don't see the obvious, then that makes me nervous. I wonder if that's why he keeps asking these questions...

sassafrassquatch

It just sounds like wildcat speaks in koans. I don't know if (s)he doesn't speak english well or is just being eccentric.

redacted

Wow. Can you people (sassafrassquatch, LadyJaye) really not understand this? I think you must be kidding, perhaps making fun of wildcat's unusual speech patterns (and that's not very nice). It's practically right in front of you everyday. Seriously, that seems a bit like using something for several years, and not knowing what color or shape it is, except you've been using this practically since you were born.

If there are really so many people who don't see the obvious, then that makes me nervous. I wonder if that's why he keeps asking these questions...

i honestly am having a hard time figuring out what wildcat's trying to say. is it that arrows are subjective? they only exist relative to points in space? or to observers or something?

if so, why choose such cryptic writing? it's so random.

if i misinterpreted, well, i think that means it's not so obvious what's being said.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Because if there were no space between the notes and sounds, it would sound like a painful cacophony with almost unintelligible sounds, and thus be noise instead of music?

So, you're saying an arrow indicates what we perceive as direction because of its position/location relative to the thing it is intended by its creator to lead one to? On it's own, it would indicate nothing. Its meaning is in its position and location.

Is that it?
Yes. A cacophony is a virtual failure. Nothing would exist. Everything would come down in a crunch.

Yes. The meaning in the (end) postion.
Columbus understood the principle as well. He was wrong in some minor details, but we are not small minded.

It was not in vain they said he was the person who started The New Age.
Some people still live in the Middle Ages though.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
What's strange is that even though I know this, I'm still likely to rely on direction to navigate physically, because it's the only way I can think of to find a physical place using my senses. What does that mean?

It means that if you want to see the other side of the moon you need your tools just as if you go to the store to buy Cadbury.

It means the Handyman is all right. A helpful idiot, Lenin would say.

In order to see what is there on the other side of the moon you must have eyes there, or a camera.

In order to see a statue you have to go round it. Unless the statue is made to whirl around. Alas the moon is kind of fixed. It has not always been that way but the past does not help us.

Is the Earth about latitude and longitude?

The other day is behind Toga islands?
Whose day?

Ours.
Is our day the day?

You are insightful because you know the answer.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
arrow is a symbol... and a restriction?

My old piano teacher told me I didn't play the music right. Did not follow the intended directions.
Professor Barth complained Arthie Rubinstein did not follow the intended directions.
Some people never do. Never worry.