User Tag List

MBTI
    FREE

Default How has the MBTI affected you? (Video Q&A #1)

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR0V1V3YqIo"]How the MBTI has affected me.[/youtube]
    Feel free to respond in the manner most comfortable. Video, written word, audio, w/e. I'm really interested in hearing your responses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

It has introduced me to the wonderful world of INFJs.

You remind me of Simon Tam from Firefly.

MBTI
    INTJ

I decided to try out the video response, but I think I'll be sticking to typing on the comp from now on. - YouTube - MBTI forum vid

I don't actually have a youtube account so I had to ask my best friend to place this on his. So, in case it isn't accessible to everyone, I'll also type out my response below.

Personally I haven't been that affected by MBTI. I think it's interesting but finding out my type hasn't really changed me that much..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    I decided to try out the video response, but I think I'll be sticking to typing on the comp from now on. - YouTube - MBTI forum vid

I don't actually have a youtube account so I had to ask my best friend to place this on his. So, in case it isn't accessible to everyone, I'll also type out my response below.

Personally I haven't been that affected by MBTI. I think it's interesting but finding out my type hasn't really changed me that much..
    After watching the video, my main question im my mind was "what's with the mask?" Sorry.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    After watching the video, my main question im my mind was "what's with the mask?" Sorry.
    No worries there isn't anything to be sorry about... honestly there are only a few reasons someone would chose to wear a mask when posting a video of themselves on the internet (at least that I can think of). So, I'll let you chose whichever you want or even make up something of your own. It's either I really like my privacy, I'm horribly disfigured (a butterface), I'm extremely ill and I don't wish to spread any germs, or I enjoy wearing a mask and do so all the time.

MBTI
    FREE

Very nice response. Thanks much for your input.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

No worries there isn't anything to be sorry about... honestly there are only a few reasons someone would chose to wear a mask when posting a video of themselves on the internet (at least that I can think of). So, I'll let you chose whichever you want or even make up something of your own. It's either I really like my privacy, I'm horribly disfigured (a butterface), I'm extremely ill and I don't wish to spread any germs, or I enjoy wearing a mask and do so all the time.
    Very well then. I will assume that you just robbed a bank and filmed the video during your escape.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    [youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR0V1V3YqIo"]How the MBTI has affected me.[/youtube]
    Feel free to respond in the manner most comfortable. Video, written word, audio, w/e. I'm really interested in hearing your responses.
    I wonder if you have read the articles cited on the website below Organizational Performance Dimensions. Instead of telling us about how MBTI has affected your life, why don't you post another video where you cogitate about your reasons for accepting the system. You may start with the definition of MBTI, then proceed to summarize the salient arguments that persuaded you to embrace this conception of personality and conclude with an evaluation of whether the foregoing arguments are deductively sound or inductively strong.

I think that most of us would learn much more from that kind of discourse than from the initiation of folk typological bilge posted in the OP. If you manage to be thorough and incisive in the recommended disquisition, you will be astounded at your initial reasons for accepting this speculative farrago and many of our readers will become wary of their tendency to naively embrace the unsupported conclusions of pop-psychology.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

It sounds like MBTI has greatly affected you, SolitaryWalker.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I wonder if you have read the articles cited on the website below Organizational Performance Dimensions. Instead of telling us about how MBTI has affected your life, why don't you post another video where you cogitate about your reasons for accepting the system. You may start with the definition of MBTI, then proceed to summarize the salient arguments that persuaded you to embrace this conception of personality and conclude with an evaluation of whether the foregoing arguments are deductively sound or inductively strong.

I think that most of us would learn much more from that kind of discourse than from the initiation of folk typological bilge posted in the OP. If you manage to be thorough and incisive in the recommended disquisition, you will be astounded at your initial reasons for accepting this speculative farrago and many of our readers will become wary of their tendency to naively embrace the unsupported conclusions of pop-psychology.
    I think I will use this post for the topic of my next Video Q&A.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]