User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFj

Arrow Differences in people with the same type?

What kind of differences do you think there might be in two people with the same type? I'm not talking about one having a stronger trait than the other (i.e. more of an introvert). I'm talking about real differences in personality.

What kind of differences could you find in two INTJ's for instance?

Any thoughts?

(I'm new here by the way. Give me a nice warm welcome...or a cold menacing welcome if that's how you roll.)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Welcome to the forum, Alternative Solutions. Cultural values and moral beliefs are the obvious difference; a female INTP from Japan will likely have a very different perception of herself than one from the U.S. simply because of different gender expectations. If we're to bring other personality systems into the equation then there is a large, practical differences between an ESTJ with high neuroticism and one with a perpetually cool head. I'd also imagine that even minute differences in Introversion or Intuition can have vast implications within every other facet of a person's personality and world view. So, likewise, an ENTP with high Openness to Experience is going to have a very different perception of the world than one whose OE is simply above average. And of course, it's difficult to predict the effect of traumatic incidences and other factors that may turn a person into a nutcase when simply referring to a person's type. So in conclusion, quite a bit. Much more than can be explored within a single post.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Ideals.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    Ideals.
    Simple and seems true enough. I'm impressed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative Solution View Post
    Compare Jean-Luc Picard with Emperor Palpatine.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

What kind of differences do you think there might be in two people with the same type? I'm not talking about one having a stronger trait than the other (i.e. more of an introvert). I'm talking about real differences in personality.

Any thoughts?

(I'm new here by the way. Give me a nice warm welcome...or a cold menacing welcome if that's how you roll.)
    Function theory governs the basic way people think, but it doesn't dictate their conclusions. Furthermore, the types are not the whole picture. I think of the functions as a single layer in the mind, with factors above and below it.

Underneath the functions you will find basic biological imperitivies and drives. The level of these can vary from one person to the next. I'm probably more ill tempered than the next man, and that gets focused through my type, but it is not directly a product of it.

Then there are life experiences. Each person will have their own set which will be processed by the functions and probably even shape the function. If you don't put the same information into two different thinking machines, you are unlikely to get the same answer out.

Perhaps most important of all is to realise that the functions themselves do not always manifest in the same way. Some people place more reliance on the lower order functions - usualy to their detriment, as they we have less control over them, and hence over ourselves. This is the difference between using a function and getting used by it! The tertiary is a good example of a borderline functions - some use it well, others get legged up by it. When Fi acts in an disadvantagous way in an INTJ it hinders their progress, creating doubts as to what the person really wants. They hesitate, unsure if doing something will bring them misery or happyness, and end up doing nothing. When it acts in a good way, it helpsto level out and control the INTJs emotions, allowing them to control fear and panic or ignore other peple trying to draw an emotional response out of them.

A similar picture exists for other types and other functions.

MBTI
    enfj
    Enneagram
    1w2

enneagram also matters quite a bit! you can have, for example, an INFP 4 versus and INFP 9, and they'll be pretty different

MBTI
    ESFJ

Wisdom and life experience.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP

Any thoughts?

What is a question?
    A proposition.
    You made an interesting proposition. It is rarely expressed.
    16 types.
    Say we have A and B in the dichotomy.
    Linear order is A AB BA B
    >(AB + AB) - (100 - 1) = T(BA + BA)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

ethnicity is the biggest factor
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp