• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Differences in people with the same type?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah agreed katsuni said it well. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmmm....there's someone on this site who says INFJs are all so different...and I'm going to have to agree. Some on this site (and others I know outside of Type C) seem so conservative and polite and closer to ISFJ (maybe because in reality they are ISFJ?), and others seem esoteric, cool and weird and maybe a little dark, maybe more NT-ish? As far as ENFPs too...they all seem a lot less confrontational than me, which is probably why I don't see a clear cut example for me being either ENFP or INFJ in comparison to people on this site, because if "non-confrontational" is an INFJ trait, how come so many of the ENFPs on this site actually seem to be the least judgemental and confrontational? I know I'm an NF but beyond that have a very difficult time getting a grasp on my type because while I may strongly like or identify with certain other NFs, that doesn't necessarily mean we are the same type.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't see the enfps as non confrontational...non judgmental yes but if we disagree with you...you'll know...see i'm disagreeing with ya...i don't think twice about it..haha :laugh:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What kind of differences do you think there might be in two people with the same type? I'm not talking about one having a stronger trait than the other (i.e. more of an introvert). I'm talking about real differences in personality.
Oh, worlds of difference. MBTI is a way to roughly categorize the way people function, but variation between different personalities is far, far greater than what sixteen categories (or even the 108 type combinations the Enneagram of personality contains) could possibly tell you. Two people of the same type could have different moral values, different tastes, personal styles, experiences, ad nauseam. They could even use the same functional order and tendencies in wildly different ways. For example, in Harry Potter, Dudley Dursley and Harry himself have the same type (ESTP), but they are worlds apart.

(I'm new here by the way. Give me a nice warm welcome...or a cold menacing welcome if that's how you roll.)
Hi! Good to have you around. :hi:

KDude

How do you figure Harry Potter is ESTP? Have you ever talked to one? Scratch that, has one ever spoken to you, more like?

Harry is a pretty pensive character.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Two of my closest friends are ESTP (confirmed), and two more are likely ESTP as well. ;)

Harry is quite clearly Se Ti. He's very sharply attentive to detail, clear-headed, deductive, and enjoys action and activity; which is why he's such a good seeker and so very skilled at mastering hexes and DADA in general. He also greatly enjoys social interaction, only seeking time alone when under great emotional stress, and even then he falls back on the support of Ron and Hermione -- especially Ron. In the fourth book it's made apparent when Ron stopped speaking to him for a month, that he heavily relied on the emotional support of his friend to get through rough times.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ugh... Harry Potter... no... I don't see it at all. I can't identify with him or his actions in the least like I can most ESTPs... no- he has that moral compass thing going for him that's much more Fi :yes:

KDude

Two of my closest friends are ESTP (confirmed), and two more are likely ESTP as well. ;)

Harry is quite clearly Se Ti. He's very sharply attentive to detail, clear-headed, deductive, and enjoys action and activity; which is why he's such a good seeker and at mastering hexes and DADA in general. He also greatly enjoys social interaction, only seeking time alone when under great emotional stress, and even then he falls back on the support of Ron and Hermione -- especially Ron. In the fourth book it's made apparent when Ron stopped speaking to him for a month, that he heavily relied on the emotional support of his friend to get through rough times.

All Se is attentive to detail.. but ESTPs are either disc jockeys or like Ray Lewis and shit.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I see a lot of differences from other ISTJs with me. I have more developed Ne that has come from personal and life experience. I'm not nearly as obsessive compulsive about personal organization as so many other ISTJs. My Si is very directed at my own personal experiences that I cherish myself, and what I deem necessary. I wouldn't like it any different. I'm logical, analytical and practical, but not to the point that something un-sensorish completely throws off my thought process.

It's all life experience and what becomes important to you. I've had plenty of experiences that have taught me when being a hardcore SJ is just completely ineffective, and I remember those things on a daily basis, to keep me from repeating the same mistakes that I see other SJs make, but not to the point that I can't function as an SJ.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ugh... Harry Potter... no... I don't see it at all. I can't identify with him or his actions in the least like I can most ESTPs... no- he has that moral compass thing going for him that's much more Fi :yes:
Harry is Fe to the bone. His actions are not based on internal values and he never tortures himself over whether he did something wrong, or things not going the way he wanted them to go, etc. Instead he has a very strong strong empathetic, heroic impulse (which Hermione has referred to as having "a bit of a... saving people thing").

KDude

I should add "con men (or women)". :D Either way, there's a lot more flair to ESTP than Harry Potter.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not necessarily. ;) People of any type can be relatively normal.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Harry is quite clearly Se Ti. He's very sharply attentive to detail, clear-headed, deductive, and enjoys action and activity; which is why he's such a good seeker and so very skilled at mastering hexes and DADA in general. He also greatly enjoys social interaction, only seeking time alone when under great emotional stress, and even then he falls back on the support of Ron and Hermione -- especially Ron. In the fourth book it's made apparent when Ron stopped speaking to him for a month, that he heavily relied on the emotional support of his friend to get through rough times.

I cant "see" ESTP in harry potter, but it makes sense. I think he is Fe because I cant "see" Fi. He is also a P type. Other then that he seems to be a hybrid because he doesnt fully encompass Se in either dominant or aux manner. I have seen quite a bit of ENTPs, especially kids, that are into sports and are active. They are very aware, but definetly Ne instead of Se.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, he has a second to none sense of physical coordination, and has a unique ability to see tiny, fast-moving objects like the Snitch. That denotes Se-dominance.

KDude

of course they can be normal, but they're just lively and talkative...stellar and whatever and halla have more in common together than they do with harry potter.

having Se dominance doesn't mean Se is BETTER. Fi would just filter how you weigh choices. Ti dom would prioritize intellectual interest. nothing more.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harry is pretty lively when he's not being rocked by emotional distress (which in his life is a common occurrence).

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, he has a second to none sense of physical coordination, and has a unique ability to see tiny, fast-moving objects like the Snitch. That denotes Se-dominance.

of course they can be normal, but they're just lively and talkative...stellar and whatever and halla have more in common together than they do with harry potter.

having Se dominance doesn't mean Se is BETTER. Fi would just filter how you weigh choices. Ti dom would prioritize intellectual interest. nothing more.

There is just a STP vibe he doesnt put off. Though his actions and everything else do say ESTP. Its a unique STP playfulness that I dont see.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The majority of his life some thing or another is going on that would fuck with his good nature (a friend dying, everyone else hating his guts except his friends, the girl he likes seeing some other guy right in front of him like in the Yule Ball...), but whenever his life has some semblance of normality he does have that playful aura.