User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah agreed katsuni said it well.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmmm....there's someone on this site who says INFJs are all so different...and I'm going to have to agree. Some on this site (and others I know outside of Type C) seem so conservative and polite and closer to ISFJ (maybe because in reality they are ISFJ?), and others seem esoteric, cool and weird and maybe a little dark, maybe more NT-ish? As far as ENFPs too...they all seem a lot less confrontational than me, which is probably why I don't see a clear cut example for me being either ENFP or INFJ in comparison to people on this site, because if "non-confrontational" is an INFJ trait, how come so many of the ENFPs on this site actually seem to be the least judgemental and confrontational? I know I'm an NF but beyond that have a very difficult time getting a grasp on my type because while I may strongly like or identify with certain other NFs, that doesn't necessarily mean we are the same type.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    because if "non-confrontational" is an INFJ trait, how come so many of the ENFPs on this site actually seem to be the least judgemental and confrontational?
    they're statistical outliers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't see the enfps as non confrontational...non judgmental yes but if we disagree with you...you'll know...see i'm disagreeing with ya...i don't think twice about it..haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative Solution View Post
    What kind of differences do you think there might be in two people with the same type? I'm not talking about one having a stronger trait than the other (i.e. more of an introvert). I'm talking about real differences in personality.
    Oh, worlds of difference. MBTI is a way to roughly categorize the way people function, but variation between different personalities is far, far greater than what sixteen categories (or even the 108 type combinations the Enneagram of personality contains) could possibly tell you. Two people of the same type could have different moral values, different tastes, personal styles, experiences, ad nauseam. They could even use the same functional order and tendencies in wildly different ways. For example, in Harry Potter, Dudley Dursley and Harry himself have the same type (ESTP), but they are worlds apart.

(I'm new here by the way. Give me a nice warm welcome...or a cold menacing welcome if that's how you roll.)
    Hi! Good to have you around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

How do you figure Harry Potter is ESTP? Have you ever talked to one? Scratch that, has one ever spoken to you, more like?

Harry is a pretty pensive character.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Two of my closest friends are ESTP (confirmed), and two more are likely ESTP as well.

Harry is quite clearly Se Ti. He's very sharply attentive to detail, clear-headed, deductive, and enjoys action and activity; which is why he's such a good seeker and so very skilled at mastering hexes and DADA in general. He also greatly enjoys social interaction, only seeking time alone when under great emotional stress, and even then he falls back on the support of Ron and Hermione -- especially Ron. In the fourth book it's made apparent when Ron stopped speaking to him for a month, that he heavily relied on the emotional support of his friend to get through rough times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ugh... Harry Potter... no... I don't see it at all. I can't identify with him or his actions in the least like I can most ESTPs... no- he has that moral compass thing going for him that's much more Fi
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Two of my closest friends are ESTP (confirmed), and two more are likely ESTP as well.

Harry is quite clearly Se Ti. He's very sharply attentive to detail, clear-headed, deductive, and enjoys action and activity; which is why he's such a good seeker and at mastering hexes and DADA in general. He also greatly enjoys social interaction, only seeking time alone when under great emotional stress, and even then he falls back on the support of Ron and Hermione -- especially Ron. In the fourth book it's made apparent when Ron stopped speaking to him for a month, that he heavily relied on the emotional support of his friend to get through rough times.
    All Se is attentive to detail.. but ESTPs are either disc jockeys or like Ray Lewis and shit.

MBTI
    LoLz

I see a lot of differences from other ISTJs with me. I have more developed Ne that has come from personal and life experience. I'm not nearly as obsessive compulsive about personal organization as so many other ISTJs. My Si is very directed at my own personal experiences that I cherish myself, and what I deem necessary. I wouldn't like it any different. I'm logical, analytical and practical, but not to the point that something un-sensorish completely throws off my thought process.

It's all life experience and what becomes important to you. I've had plenty of experiences that have taught me when being a hardcore SJ is just completely ineffective, and I remember those things on a daily basis, to keep me from repeating the same mistakes that I see other SJs make, but not to the point that I can't function as an SJ.