User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ethnicity is the biggest factor
    But when you take a black and white person who grew up with the same socio-economic status, I think they could have more commonalities than than two black, or two white people, who are from opposite sides of that spectrum.

I think socio-economics cuts across ethnicity/race sometimes, but both can be factors in how personality manifests itself.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    But when you take a black and white person who grew up with the same socio-economic status, I think they could have more commonalities than than two black, or two white people, who are from opposite sides of that spectrum.

I think socio-economics cuts across ethnicity/race sometimes, but both can be factors in how personality manifests itself.
    MMmm yeah, I mean I would personally consider a black and white person growing up in the same city & with the same socioeconomic status as pertaining to the same "ethnicity". I connect ethnicity more to where you and/or your parents come from, because that can greatly impact life outlook

I mean, I am more similar (in terms of personality) to a Spanish, Greek, Turkish, Croatian, Brazilian ENTJ rather than an English, German, Scandinavian ENTJ
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

There's a ton of factors besides type that explains such.

Upbringing, social standards/norms, gender, race, other physical differences, others' view of them, etc etc.

If we have someone who is an INTJ, and looks normal and healthy... then we take another INTJ who's identical in every way... but give them a glaringly obvious hunchback... the way people treat them, the way they think of themselves, the way they express themselves, all these things will have drastic changes to them, because of a single physical change which has nothing to do with their brain or mind.

Make one male and the other female; our social standards for both, as well as anatomical differences, will adjust how they behave in certain situations.

Make one live with an abusive, chain smoking, drug addicted, alcoholic tyrant of a single mother as they grow up, and the other in a relatively "normal" caring family. Suddenly their perceptions are vastly different.

They may have the same method by which they process information, but they will filter that information through many different ones applied throughout their lives. Whot do other people think of me? Whot am I supposed to say? How do I get through this without getting in trouble? These questions are often universal, though some mbti types will stress some of them far more than others. Some may not care, others may be more interested in such, but just because yeu have the same question, doesn't mean yeu will assume the answer to be the same.

For some, "whot am I supposed to say?" is vastly different than others of the same type... either because of whot they were taught is 'correct', or to whom they are speaking to.

The factors are nearly limitless.

The only real similarity in MBTI *AT ALL* is how yeu process information. Do yeu think things through to yeurself, or do yeu process information externally by discussing with others? Do yeu notice underlying patterns, or do yeu more readily see the basic facts before yeur face that others may overlook by thinking too hard? Do yeu think things through logically when making a complex decision, or do yeu go with yeur feelings on a whim? Do yeu want things resolved, or would yeu rather keep things open 'just in case' something changes? These are just preferences in thought is all. Yeu can have the same preferences, yet be totally different in the specific details.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative Solution View Post
    What kind of differences could you find in two INTJ's for instance?

Any thoughts?
    Possible difference between two INTJs

- INTJ A is arrogant & INTJ B is not
    - INTJ C is depressed & INTJ D is not

basically any kind of difference you can think of. Simply being of the same type does not guarantee anything in common. You could easily find two INTJs that are so different they can scarcely stand to be around each other. Just because two people tend to process things in a similar manner (and even that is a questionable association) doesn't mean those same two people will come to the same conclusions about the same data, thus in short two INTJs can have very differing views on the world.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It's easier to ask what things won't be different. If you're dividing everyone in the world into 16 boxes, there's going to be wildly different people stuck in the same box.

-economic class
    -country, culture and religion (and how strongly it's identified with)
    -upbringing
    -individual experiences
    -mental illness
    -etc, etc, etc, etc!

All of these will contribute to very different ideas about life, morality, manners of speaking and acting. Type is sort of like separating people based on any of the above listed traits - there will be differences between groups, but also many differences within the group.

Edit: if you stick around, you'll notice the way certain people here of the same type can be very different. Especially noticeable here with INTPs and INFPs, probably because they're the most common here and also often very individualistic.
    -end of thread-

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

My friend and I are at the same type.

Say we go to an opera.. something we share in common for the same reasons and preferences.

We are seated beside eachother.. on the otherside of each of us is a complete stranger.

Beside me is a cute little red head who smells deliscious like vanilla ice cream. I cannot hear her breathing. She does not take my arm rest. Sitting beside is more than neutral.. It's actually quite nice. I am also wearing extremely comfortable clothing.

Beside my friend is a large man who has bathing issues. He smells bad.. He breaths rather loudly and keeps sniffing up his snot and swallowing it. His elbow keeps knocking my friend's arm off her arm rest. My friends underwear keep riding her ass and the label on her top is itchy and bothers her the whole night.

We both did something we prefer.. both watched it from the almost the same vantange point. Idealy our experince should be the same.
    However when she thinks about the night she is going to attach some negative feelings to the expericne that I am not.. likewise I am going to attach some positive feelngs that she is not.

On the surface we had the same experince based on our similar preferences.. Dig a little deeper and our night went down completely different roads.

Such is the way with personal experince and vantage points.
    Such is the way with life..
    No one can stand exactly where you are standing therefore their perception will never quite match yours, even if they experinced the exact same event.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

as much as any number of artists given the same palette of colors to work with would create different types of art.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I don't think I know another ISFP well enough.. I know one I grew up with that was older, but he's hard to compare with since, looking back now, I imitated him in many ways. So of course I'm going to be similar. Other people I think may be ISFP, but then their senses are really off.. So I doubt it.

MBTI
    INFj

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post

The only real similarity in MBTI *AT ALL* is how yeu process information. Do yeu think things through to yeurself, or do yeu process information externally by discussing with others? Do yeu notice underlying patterns, or do yeu more readily see the basic facts before yeur face that others may overlook by thinking too hard? Do yeu think things through logically when making a complex decision, or do yeu go with yeur feelings on a whim? Do yeu want things resolved, or would yeu rather keep things open 'just in case' something changes? These are just preferences in thought is all. Yeu can have the same preferences, yet be totally different in the specific details.
    You probably know more about this sort of thing than me, but is that really the only difference? Like, does being an introvert only mean that you process information on your own? I consider myself an introvert because I would rather be alone instead of with a group. I'm very much a loner, and I see big differences between myself and someone I would consider an extrovert.

One of my friends, who I always considered a big time introvert, is very loud and is always hanging around a group of friends. Still, when he tries to solve a problem, he does most of it in his head.

So, to me, whether or not you prefer to process information by yourself is only a small part of being an introvert.

I'm probably very confused. Care to set me straight?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah... I'm going to have to agree with Katsuni there... the MBTI simply explains the mechanisms with which we process and gather information... everything else is left up to a myriad of different factors.

For example, I'm an ESTP, but there are some other members of this board of a variety of different types that I identify with almost more than members of my own type in ways because of life circumstances, backgrounds, beleifs or other such things. Of course it's funny to watch a TV show or movie with another ESTP at the same level of personality health or so that I am and note that they sometimes react the same in situations as I would... because they're processing things similarly, but there are people on this board that I tend to have some odd similarities with who aren't ESTPs as well
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett