• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Two programmes about personality on BBC television

woodpeace

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
The first part of the two part The Big Personality Test: A Child of Our Time Special will be shown tonight (May 30) on BBC One from 9pm - 10 pm. The second part will be shown tomorrow night at the same time.

BBC - BBC One Programmes - Child of Our Time, The Big Personality Test, Episode 1 and BBC - BBC One Programmes - Child of Our Time, The Big Personality Test, Episode 2 .

A Child of Our Time is a 20-year project which follows 25 children from across the UK who were born in 2000. In this two part special the children and their families explore their personalities.

From the preview of the programmes in the Radio Times :
The idea is to bring to life the results of an online survey involving hundreds of thousands of participants and see what conclusions it offers on the ways that innate character traits (such as extroversion or conscientiousness) shape our destiny - as opposed to factors like education or where we live.

Among the psychological surprises is the trick that uses a drop of lemon juice to reveal whether you're an extrovert or an introvert.

The Big Personality Test measures the following personality traits: Openness, Conscientiousness, Extroversion, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism. More here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/labuk/articles/personality/preliminary_results.html .

How do the traits of Openness, Conscientiousness and Agreeableness correspond to the MBTI?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I watched this tonight .. Very interesting.
Can not get on the website though to take the test myself, too much traffic .. Will definitely be watching part 2.

I was trying to apply MBTI to it .. I got roughly ..

Openness indicates how willing we are to explore new ideas and ways of doing things.
S/N
Conscientiousness indicates how well we plan and exhibit self-control.
J/P
Extroversion indicates our desire for stimulation.
I/E
Agreeableness indicates how easily we get along with others.
????
Neuroticism indicates how we deal with negative emotions such as stress and anxiety.
F

Could be wrong though :yes: