User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oh, how it irks me!

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Well, INTPs are also Thinkers rather than Feelers, so that could possibly increase a disregard for social norms. If one feels compelled to behave weird for the sake of being weird then one is being oneself, as he or she is acting on his/her personal ideals. Behaving in an odd manner for the sake of doing so is an act to differentiate oneself from the crowd. Such people (myself included) often feel that social norms are exceedingly irrational and restrictive. You should really look into the book Eccentrics: A Study of Sanity and Stangeness, by David Weeks and Jamie James. Here is a link to the description: Eccentrics: A Study of Sanity and Strangeness (Kodansha Globe): Books: David Weeks,Jamie James
    That is something INTP's tend towards. Occasionally I seem weird, but it's unintentional. I actually try not to seem weird and don't always succeed.

But I do think a person can be sane and not be sociable/normal. In fact, there are probably some negative things about what is considered normal that such people have seen and refused to contribute to.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Agreed. I like this method much more.

Also, just for the record:

IP = Melancholy
    EJ = Choleric
    IJ = Phlegmatic
    EP = Sanguine