User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 13.24%
  • No

59 86.76%
12311 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Would God be a perfect INTJ?

Hypothetically, of course, regardless of whether or not you believe in him. The construct known as "God" according to the Christian bible and/or Judeo-Christian belief system, in so far as the two do or do not conflate but their core remains similar. I am not seeking a philosophical debate about God, nor do I care for any philosophical "loopholes" which may exist. My question is straightforward and should only be answered within the confines of the aforementioned specifications. Also, I am not concerned by any real or perceived "flaws" and/or limitations within MBTI itself, and am only asking your opinion in accord with the Myers-Briggs typology system.

My answer: Yes.

My reasoning:

I - Is an obscure entity who does not interact and correspond with his creations unless he is modifying them, or guiding them, and clearly spends an inordinate amount of time in solitude. Being an omniscient being, he must utilize self-reflection and internal rationalization in order to extract the desired course of action. He is independent and does not rely on assistance or immediate company, and as far as is claimed, he is the only entity of his stature in existence, which indicates a predisposition toward detachment from everything external of his own sentience.

NT - This is obvious, as he must clearly posses the qualities of an intuitive thinker as primary characteristics, who must process vast quantities of information through his own logical conduits before compiling the results in a manner that reflects his internal vision. To construct the entire cosmos would indubitably require abstract reasoning, logical analysis, and immeasurable conceptual abilities. The latter, in particular, seems to correspond well with the INTJ's Te/Ni combination, where Ni produces ideas and seeks possibilities, and Te organizes the resultant concepts in a logical manner.

J - The universe has structure and is governed by the laws of physics. God set rules and mandated a code of conduct. He clearly immersed himself in the affairs of mortals when they did not display the desired behaviors, and overtly expressed his disapproval, which required immediate resolution. God plans and sets goals for mortal men, e.g. reaching heaven. In other words: God seeks closure. In the INTJ, this characteristic is evident through the interplay of Te and J, where J demands structure, and Te demands the logical organization of the external universe.
    Last edited by Lex Talionis; 05-23-2010 at 03:25 PM.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

Nah. I just spoke with him. He's a bit like John Ritter in Three's Company. I guess..? That's the closest comparison. He was wearing very short shorts too. Kinda weird actually, but whatever..

My guess is ESFP.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Bah! I wish I knew more about Myers-Briggs typology, so that I could participate in this conversation. How disappointing.

I will, instead, watch this thread with eager eyes. Hopefully, people will actually take this topic seriously.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    Bah! I wish I knew more about Myers-Briggs typology, so that I could participate in this conversation. How disappointing.

I will, instead, watch this thread with eager eyes. Hopefully, people will actually take this topic seriously.
    Indeed. Let's hope so.
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

This depends on what God we're talking about, his attitude towards humanity, etc. It isn't even at all clear that God spends a lot of time by himself or enjoys it, given that most depictions of God show an army of angels (or lesser gods in polytheistic religions -- Pretty much the same thing), and God could be an administrator of sorts. Hell, it's even more likely God is an E than an I -- It would explain why he created the world in the first place. An INTJ might have been content to sit in the darkness and reflect for all eternity. The only logically inescapable fact here is that if God exists, he is an Intuitive.

God as depicted in the Old Testament is an ENTJ badass motherfucker who destroyed entire cities if they pissed him off. God as depicted in the new testament is ENFP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    This depends on what God we're talking about, his attitude towards humanity, etc. It isn't even at all clear that God spends a lot of time by himself or enjoys it, given that most depictions of God show an army of angels (or lesser gods in polytheistic religions -- Pretty much the same thing), and God could be an administrator of sorts. Hell, it's even more likely God is an E than an I -- It would explain why he created the world in the first place. An INTJ might have been content to sit in the darkness and reflect for all eternity. The only logically inescapable fact here is that if God exists, he is an Intuitive.

God as depicted in the Old Testament is an ENTJ badass motherfucker who destroyed entire cities if they pissed him off. God as depicted in the new testament is ENFP.
    The God of the Judeo-Christians and/or their belief system. Exactly as was stated.

Your grasp on MBTI seems fickle and simplistic. An INTJ sitting alone in the darkness when all the power in existence is innate in him? Introverts do not need any interaction? Introverts can never lead armies? Don't be ridiculous. Introversion has little if anything to do with activity, only the method by which one draws his or her energy. Introverts are drained by excessive personal interaction with other people, but it does not imply that they have no need for people at all; this fact should be obvious considering introverted feelers. All humans need some company at least some of the time. Needless to say, God is not human, but I believe the same principle applies, especially considering that humans were supposedly created in his "image." Simply because he destroyed cities does not make God an ENTJ; that, again, is a ridiculous association.
    —Bonaparte

Why would comparing God to Jack Tripper not being taking this seriously? :confused:

I'm making a serious point. Use your intuition.

I would agree though that the Old Testament God is mostly ENTJ. Even that depends though. There are kind of two distinct takes on God in the Torah, and only later on do they sort of merge in the rest of the Old Testament writings (this is more biblically related though, but not "god" related per se.. but I'm referring to the J/E documentary hypothesis. One take on him is very human like, communicates in a one-to-one sort of way, and is involved in nitty gritty affairs.. another is detached and controlling and big picture oriented. Both are very authoritarian though, and not particularly friendly).

That all said, the bible shouldn't necessarily matter in this discussion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I believe megalomania just reached its ultimate peak.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

who ever heard of an imperfect INTJ, anyway?

who ever heard of an INTJ who wasn't god himself?

this thread is a joke.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    I believe megalomania just reached its ultimate peak.
    I'm thinking the same.