• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would God be a perfect INTJ?

Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 56 86.2%

• Total voters

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As long as everyone is on the same page as to what y'all mean by "God". There's God as a literary figure, analyzed by objective outsiders based purely on the Bible, and then there's the God that people actually believe in, who, as Arclight and I have been stating, is IMPOSSIBLE to type.
Based on the second assumption God is impossible to type, because we have not the slightest idea what he's like (for all we know he could be a giant sea otter). Further, Lex specified that we're typing the Judeo-Christian God, which is God as depicted in the Bible.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
you never did answer the argument that you have more in common with Lucifer sin wise :rolleyes:

I'll admit to lust and gluttony, but you have some wickedly sharp pride going on to even START a thread like this :newwink:

A little pride never hurt anybody. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
self esteem is self worth based on actual realistic assesment

pride is an unreasonable feeling of excessive self worth

:)

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I don't see much difference between the two.

Explain, please.

Pride is being proud of something tangible that you have actually achieved or sustained or over come or created or even destroyed. I am sure you get my point.

It's not the same as arrogance or false bravado, which is usually a sign of a very insecure and or delusional person. This equates to false pride, it's a mask.

Know what I am saying?

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Pride is being proud of something tangible that you have actually achieved or sustained or over come or created or even destroyed. I am sure you get my point.

It's not the same as arrogance or false bravado, which is usually a sign of a very insecure and or delusional person. This equates to false pride, it's a mask.

Know what I am saying?

I understand the difference between pride and arrogance. My question was directed at the relationship between self-esteem and pride. Surely, pride is a form of self-esteem, but self-esteem does not have to be pride.

None of this is advancing the topic of the thread, though...

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I understand the difference between pride and arrogance. My question was directed at the relationship between self-esteem and pride. Surely, pride is a form of self-esteem, but self-esteem does not have to be pride.

None of this is advancing the topic of the thread, though...

No.. high self esteem would be a by product of genuine pride based on tangible achievement.

And you are indeed correct that we are not advancing the subject of this thread.

However the poll and most of the responses suggest the topic is moot.
The answer to your question could be ascertained to be, No.. God is not a perfect INTJ .

Fecal McAngry

Sure. Heartless, little attention to detail, writes crappy dialogue (George Lucas, James Cameron, Ayn Rand), adopts a "sink or swim, motherfuckers" attitude towards all his creations, sadistic when the whim strikes him (Today is Tidal Wave Tuesday!), ignores repeated pleas for help, uses lots of Extroverted Thinking (Gravity is in effect. Whether you like it, or not.) Has warped sense of humor (I just made a platypus! It has a bill, it lays eggs, but it's a MAMMAL!)...yeah, perfect INTJ...

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Hypothetically, of course, regardless of whether or not you believe in him. The construct known as "God" according to the Christian bible and/or Judeo-Christian belief system, in so far as the two do or do not conflate but their core remains similar. I am not seeking a philosophical debate about God, nor do I care for any philosophical "loopholes" which may exist. My question is straightforward and should only be answered within the confines of the aforementioned specifications. Also, I am not concerned by any real or perceived "flaws" and/or limitations within MBTI itself, and am only asking your opinion in accord with the Myers-Briggs typology system.

My answer: Yes.

My reasoning:

I - Is an obscure entity who does not interact and correspond with his creations unless he is modifying them, or guiding them, and clearly spends an inordinate amount of time in solitude. Being an omniscient being, he must utilize self-reflection and internal rationalization in order to extract the desired course of action. He is independent and does not rely on assistance or immediate company, and as far as is claimed, he is the only entity of his stature in existence, which indicates a predisposition toward detachment from everything external of his own sentience.

NT - This is obvious, as he must clearly posses the qualities of an intuitive thinker as primary characteristics, who must process vast quantities of information through his own logical conduits before compiling the results in a manner that reflects his internal vision. To construct the entire cosmos would indubitably require abstract reasoning, logical analysis, and immeasurable conceptual abilities. The latter, in particular, seems to correspond well with the INTJ's Te/Ni combination, where Ni produces ideas and seeks possibilities, and Te organizes the resultant concepts in a logical manner.

J - The universe has structure and is governed by the laws of physics. God set rules and mandated a code of conduct. He clearly immersed himself in the affairs of mortals when they did not display the desired behaviors, and overtly expressed his disapproval, which required immediate resolution. God plans and sets goals for mortal men, e.g. reaching heaven. In other words: God seeks closure. In the INTJ, this characteristic is evident through the interplay of Te and J, where J demands structure, and Te demands the logical organization of the external universe.

The I part I have to agree on, though not for those reasons. He's obviously capable of thinking things through on his own self, if we assume he made everything. Since he had to come up with the concepts on how to make stuff BEFORE people or angels existed. If he were an extrovert, he'd go insane before he was able to design much of anything.

While one might argue E because of his need to create others to talk to, even an I can get lonely, or want recognition. Whot matters is how their thought process operates; is it external (bounce ideas off others? Oh wait, god isn't telling his plans to ANYONE), or internal (make it up, only tell others when needed).

If god is perfect, then he CAN'T be an E. That would require externalization of thought; needing to run thought processes past another to further the process and validate such. If he's perfect, then there's no need to ever run it past anyone else for validation.

This's about the only part that makes sense though. The others assume yeu're only capable of one or the other; if god is truly considered to be "perfect", then he would be capable of both sensing and intuition on a flawless scale; able to notice and appreciate even the smallest physical detail, to being able to grasp the most abstract concepts. Since both of these are present in the world, one would assume both to be true.

The T / F split I disagree on as well, since it's possible for one to think, without being a thinker... T/F is just which one yeu're more likely to be biased towards when making decisions is all. Do yeu stop to think through a problem rationally, or do yeu go on yeur feelings?

God has shown time and again to go on feeling, rather than thinking. How many times did he get pissed off and punish large groups needlessly? How many times did he act on passion rather than forethought? Pretty much the entire bible cites god as being a wrathful, vengeful god; a god of war, and a god of passion. He's not a thinker at all. Sure he may be CAPABLE of thinking, but when it comes to deciding whot to do, rather than take the logical route, he goes on the one dictated by feelings.

This's one of the major reasons I refuse to accept that the 'god' in the bible is the 'real' god, because I couldn't worship someone like that - he doesn't even remotely deserve it.

The J part isn't true for the reasons yeu listed either; he seems perfectly content to let us make a mess of the world without tidying it up right about now. There's also the matter of free will, and of the desire for things to continue on their own path as well, which shows P. If god is truly all seeing, and all knowing, then by definition, he would be P due to seeing things from multiple perspectives easier. The J seems more likely to be simply displayed by fanatical observers, rather than god himself.

There's too much chaos, too much diversity, too many things open ended to be manually placed in order by the ultimate J.

So, I would argue that god is moreso an IXFP.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
True, ISFPs are "the composers" afterall, the universe his canvas.

:yes:

:newwink:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sure. Heartless, little attention to detail, writes crappy dialogue (George Lucas, James Cameron, Ayn Rand), adopts a "sink or swim, motherfuckers" attitude towards all his creations, sadistic when the whim strikes him (Today is Tidal Wave Tuesday!), ignores repeated pleas for help, uses lots of Extroverted Thinking (Gravity is in effect. Whether you like it, or not.) Has warped sense of humor (I just made a platypus! It has a bill, it lays eggs, but it's a MAMMAL!)...yeah, perfect INTJ...

lol @ "Today is Tital Wave Tuesday!"...also I imagine god saying "it's a MMMMAAAAAAMMMMMAALLL" :laugh:

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
The idea that God, an allegedly immortal being, divorced from any need to reproduce or proliferate its DNA would possess mental constructs identical to those found within the human mind is absurd. An emotion such as fear, for instance, evolved as a means to prevent organisms from dying before the opportunity to reproduce presents itself. Greed evolved so that one might accumulate resources in the case of a possible famine. To remove these motives from any being is to render it alien and impossible to understand from humanity’s perspective. Its mindset would not be recognizable as one of the sixteen human types, most certainly that of the INTJ who is prone to bouts of ambition and self interest. To attempt to understand the mind of God would be at best, similar to the concept of a flea attempting to comprehend the mind of Stephen Hawking, though most likely, it would be similar to a human attempting to understand the mindset of a triangle or a prime number.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Have none of you read the Bible? Fucking Christ.

The idea that God, an allegedly immortal being, divorced from any need to reproduce or proliferate its DNA would possess mental constructs identical to those found within the human mind is absurd.

If man posessed the exact mental constructs and DNA of god, what then, would that make man? I think this goes without saying that man is incapable of omniscient thought or thought on the grand level that the god of the bible made evident.

Even so, we can comprehend his being through our perception of his actions. Thus, we can define his personality, according to our human standards, regardless of his actual nature - that is, if his nature is even so different than what he has expressed and made concrete in his word.

Oh, and remember baby Jesus? God reproduced.

An emotion such as fear, for instance, evolved as a means to prevent organisms from dying before the opportunity to reproduce presents itself. Greed evolved so that one might accumulate resources in the case of a possible famine.

Fatal flaw: Evolution =/= Creationism; god has expressed human emotion in the Bible - he has grown angry, sad, tired, joyous, etc.

To remove these motives from any being is to render it alien and impossible to understand from humanity’s perspective.

Disproof of this statement, within the context of this thread, is and has been provided by the Bible - that god has been defined; if he were beyond definition, how then can we even comprehend his existence? - from the biblical perspecitve.

Bleh. By the way, I'm atheist.

Its mindset would not be recognizable as one of the sixteen human types, most certainly that of the INTJ who is prone to bouts of ambition and self interest. To attempt to understand the mind of God would be at best, similar to the concept of a flea attempting to comprehend the mind of Stephen Hawking, though most likely, it would be similar to a human attempting to understand the mindset of a triangle or a prime number.

WRONG. Mostly.

Fecal McAngry

I have read the bible, btw. A little bit, anyway. I have been in hotels once or twice.

Last edited by a moderator:

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Even so, we can comprehend his being through our perception of his actions. Thus, we can define his personality, according to our human standards, regardless of his actual nature - that is, if his nature is even so different than what he has expressed and made concrete in his word.
Exactly; the most we can obtain is a vague approximation based on our extremely limited understanding. Our initial assumption is that God is like us. We then observe his actions and then use them to prove that God is like us. It’s circular logic with little empirical evidence.
Oh, and remember baby Jesus? God reproduced.
God wasn’t bound by some biological clock or need to perpetuate himself beyond his death. He didn’t mosey on over to a female God to fulfill some primal sexual desire nor is there any reason to believe that he impregnated the Virgin Mary in the fashion of Zeus from Mount Olympus. Really, God's creation of Jesus seems far more similar to that of Adam and Eve than of the textbook sperm to egg form of reproduction.
Fatal flaw: Evolution =/= Creationism
Elaboration please.
god has expressed human emotion in the Bible - he has grown angry, sad, tired, joyous, etc.
Yes, according to God’s word, filtered through the bias of human text, God possesses an emotional state that a human would roughly interpret as anger, if only because there is no other reference point or word to define the mindset of an omnipresent, all powerful being.
Disproof of this statement, within the context of this thread, is and has been provided by the Bible - that god has been defined; if he were beyond definition, how then can we even comprehend his existence? - from the biblical perspecitve.
Simply because you understand the most basic structures of a particular thing doesn’t mean that you understand the thing itself. A small child may roughly understand the phrase “time is relative, mmmkay” but that doesn’t necessarily mean that he understands Einstein’s Special Theory of Relativity.
WRONG. Mostly.
Please elaborate.