User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 13.24%
  • No

    59 86.76%
First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 206

  1. #81
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Jesus was ENFJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  2. #82
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteIntrigue View Post
    I do not think God can be typed. That being said, I would idealize Jesus as an INFJ. I think INTJs would be horrible in the position in God. I'm short-tempered, impatient, too sarcastic and I can get insensitive. Also, I tend to abandon projects midway. So yeah...
    That doesn't strike me as particularly INTJ, especially the part about "abandoning projects." When an INTJ finds a project that he truly enjoys and cares to perform, he generally completes it to the end; at least, that is what it is like with myself. Failing to complete a project strikes me INTP behaviour. INTJs may begin many projects that they do not complete, but that is only due to lack of interest or other constraints, and I don't believe that this is a type specific trait. Creating the entire universe strikes me as a project as sublime as one can be, and is therefore something than an INTJ would be well-suited for. There is a reason the INTJ is referred to as the "mastermind" according to the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, and much of it has to do with his ability to think abstractly and create plans supported by contingency plans. INTJs are overrepresented in prominent leadership positions, and many famous military geniuses (e.g. Caesar, Hannibal, Clausewitz, Frederick the Great, Rommel; and I could even make a case for Napoleon) and statesmen, along with business leaders, have been (and are) INTJs, so it is unlikely that the type is inherently fickle; on the contrary, the exact opposite seems true.

    God, as he is described in the bible, especially in the Old Testament, is most definitely short-tempered and impatient. I am not sure how much this applies to INTJs, but to be honest, it does apply to myself, and an argument could be made that it is linked to J.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  3. #83
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    God, as depicted in the bible, is an extrovert.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #84
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    I don't think so.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  5. #85
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Yahveh spent half his existence commanding his underlings. He came down to Earth to consort with humans despite having zero need to. His whole demeanor screamed Te-dom on crack. He was a very, very obvious ENTJ. Given that ENTJs are Ni-auxiliary, the fact he came up with this whole damn universe is hardly proof he wasn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  6. #86
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Jesus was ENFJ.
    WARNING: offensive content

    Jesus was TOTALLY an ENFP:

    1) He got pissed and kept ditching everyone to go wonder off in the wilderness. "I am going away because you people all suck...I QUIT! (Do you miss me???)" I bet he would have deleted his posts given the chance. Good thing everything was verbal at the time, otherwise he likely would have burned the scrolls.....

    2) He said you had to forgive everybody. No matter what. Love everybody, no matter what. Did they lie to you and call you horrible names? Forgive them. Only ENFPs are this ridiculously forgiving...

    3) That little stunt kicking stuff around in the temple? That would be an ENFP bitchslap. Somebody got a little bent over his ideals and decide to act out...

    4) He totally had the enfp martyr complex.

    God was a TJ for sure. Doesnt strike me as an estj, well except for dueteronomy.

    Older INTJs can be very paternal and caring, as well as wise and seem to have a desire to "grow others" if via tough love sometimes. This sounds like God-especially the Job part.

    Less mature INTJs however under tert Fi will assume the other person is to blame for everything and that there is nothing wrong with them. This could explain the flood during God's younger years...

    "Obviously that mess down there isnt my fault. I did everything right, so they must be the ones with the problem....morally corrupt, twisted, crippled, evil monsters...They need to be drowned and we can start over again..."

    (I personally am more a fan of Siva, if I had to pick a god...)

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    (Caesar, Hannibal, Clausewitz, Frederick the Great, Rommel; and I could even make a case for Napoleon)
    I don't mean to derail the thread, but from that list only Hannibal and possibly Frederick were INTJs. Since you were talking about military geniuses I assume you mean Julius Caesar, but I really hate it when people just write "Caesar". Don't you realise how many Caesars there are?

  8. #88
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    I don't mean to derail the thread, but from that list only Hannibal and possibly Frederick were INTJs. Since you were talking about military geniuses I assume you mean Julius Caesar, but I really hate it when people just write "Caesar". Don't you realise how many Caesars there are?
    Yes, I realize how many Roman emperors (individuals who are historically forgotten notwithstanding) adopted the name Caesar in their extended names after the Caesar. However, it isn't too difficult to deduce that I intended to name Julius Caesar. There is only one "Caesar" that we refer to as "Caesar," and that is Gaius Julius Caesar, the Roman military and political leader, just like there is only one Leondardo (da Vinci) that we refer to by his first name, or one Bernini (Gian Lorenzo), or Michelangelo (di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni.) Hell, we could even extend your argument to the Byzantine and Russian dynasties who adopted the titular name "Caesar" (Czar in Russian) for their emperors, but these are not who most historians refer to as "Caesar." Even Napoleon Bonaparte is not the sole bearer of his name, and two prominent individuals were the bearers of the name "Napoleon" after the death of the emperor, i.e. Napoleon II (his son) and Napoleon III (his nephew); yet there is only one "Napoleon" we refer to by his first name, and that is Napoleon Bonaparte, or Napoleon I, the first French emperor. If you "hate" my use of the name by itself because you don't understand, then I have just clarified it for you; if you hate it because it annoys you, then that is your concern and I do not care for your neurosis.

    Also, they were all INTJs. Caesar especially.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  9. #89
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Jesus was TOTALLY an ENFP:
    He sooo wasn't.

    1) He got pissed and kept ditching everyone to go wonder off in the wilderness. "I am going away because you people all suck...I QUIT! (Do you miss me???)" I bet he would have deleted his posts given the chance. Good thing everything was verbal at the time, otherwise he likely would have burned the scrolls.....
    What? He didn't explicitly quit. He just wandered off so he could talk to God for a bit. Specifically, ask "why did you make me your chosen one?!" - or "why did you make yourself your own self?!". Jesus was not the most logical man in the world.

    2) He said you had to forgive everybody. No matter what. Love everybody, no matter what. Did they lie to you and call you horrible names? Forgive them. Only ENFPs are this ridiculously forgiving...
    Frankly, I'd say NTPs and NFJs are more forgiving. Fe is a more magnanimous function; Fi is values focused and it can be very mean to people who violate its ideals.

    3) That little stunt kicking stuff around in the temple? That would be an ENFP bitchslap. Somebody got a little bent over his ideals and decide to act out...
    He saw the moneychangers' actions as harmful, which a higher Fe user would react rather negatively towards. For another example of an NFJ in blitz mode, see Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver.

    4) He totally had the enfp martyr complex.
    You mean the NF martyr complex?

    God was a TJ for sure. Doesnt strike me as an estj, well except for dueteronomy.

    Older INTJs can be very paternal and caring, as well as wise and seem to have a desire to "grow others" if via tough love sometimes. This sounds like God-especially the Job part.

    Less mature INTJs however under tert Fi will assume the other person is to blame for everything and that there is nothing wrong with them. This could explain the flood during God's younger years...
    This is all true, but God in the Old Testament wasn't INTJ, he was ENTJ. His actions clearly showed Te dominance, and he often came down to Earth to consort with humans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Yes, I realize how many Roman emperors (individuals who are historically forgotten notwithstanding) adopted the name Caesar in their extended names after the Caesar. However, it isn't too difficult to deduce that I intended to name Julius Caesar. There is only one "Caesar" that we refer to as "Caesar," and that is Gaius Julius Caesar
    What utter nonsense. Speak for yourself and your own usage of nomenclature. Any sane historian would realise that simply using the name "Caesar" out of context would be inappropriate and misleading because of how the name has been worn historically. Your personal obsession with Julius is hardly grounds for generalising. In fact, go to Wikipedia and type in "Caesar" for a mainstream example; it leads you to the disambiguation first, proving that your claims of complete lack of ambiguity are ridiculous even outside the realm of experts on the subject. Besides, Julius' adopted son Augustus Caesar, who fits your other criteria, was genuinely an INTJ, adding further to the uncertainty. Your reasoning fails on both the general and specific count.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:23 AM
  2. What sort of evil character would you be?
    By Athenian200 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 06:42 PM
  3. Would this be a personality type issue?
    By Sandy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 09:38 PM
  4. What kind of cookie would YOU be?
    By Oberon in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 07:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO