• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would God be a perfect INTJ?

Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 56 86.2%

• Total voters

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
The PC police immediately steps out of the commissariat...

Again, you're developing a false conclusion using unrelated variables. First Ming, now this.

You're not very good at this, are you?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Can nobody enjoy an attempt at making a point peppered with sardonic splendour and in deadpan style anymore?

The PC police immediately steps out of the commissariat...

If you are referring to me.. I assure you I am about as NON PC as they come.

For example..On earth day I turn on ALL the lights and run every appliance for an hour.. If I had a car I would idle it for the whole hour too. I call women chicks and say Merry Christmas !!

You are just not accepting responsibility now and trying to deflect from what you know the real issue is.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So much arrogance in this thread.
Seriously we're a bunch of hairless apes who if the power went off would be dead within a week.
You're underestimating human ingenuity. We have survived for about 400 thousand years before inventing electricity.

But we are going to start typing God are we?
That's the general idea.

Very well then.. God sees all and knows all .. God is everywhere and everything to everyone.
He transcends type obviously.
Well, quite obviously an all-knowing, all-seeing being would have the ability to use every cognitive function to perfection, but if we assume God has a personality then it's quite possible he would prefer to use a certain functional set. From his depiction in the Old Testament he quite obviously prefers to use Te, Ni, Se and Fi, in that order.

1. Is God even real?
Irrelevant. He has a recorded personality so we can type him as an intellectual exercise regardless. ;)

If it isn't, then INTJs should shut their traps.
Well, Lex should shut his fucking trap either way because he's spouting nonsense, but otherwise there's nothing particularly wrong with typing God as a theoretical exercise.

2. If God is real, and IF God was an INTJ, thus are INTJs real?

3. If God wasn't an INTJ, then what is he?

4. If God was an INTJ, then does that mean he's a f*cked up idiot to have created everyone else? Is he stupid or something?

5. If he wasn't, then he can't be an INTJ.

6. Thus no matter how you see it, God can't be INTJ.

Thus, INTJs should still shut their traps.
This is just incoherent rambling. Oh, and once again, God is not INTJ. Old Testament God was ENTJ, and then New Testament God was ENFP.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Again, you're developing a false conclusion using unrelated variables. First Ming, now this.

You're not very good at this, are you?

Ming's response was convoluted and incoherent, and I had to painfully extract the "logic" contained within it, which turned out to be mercurial. I simply felt like responding in kind.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Ming's response was convoluted, and I had to painfully extract the "logic" contained within it, which turned out to be mercurial. I simply felt like responding in kind.

Extraneous.

I thought you were INTJ?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, I got that. Ming has made it pretty obvious that he's homosexual.

Just seems like a sucker punch to cultivate a comparison between something as intimate as sexual preference with something as cheap as an online spitting match.

I don't know. This thread seems pretty...gay.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
You're underestimating human ingenuity. We have survived for about 400 thousand years before inventing electricity.

That's the general idea.

Well, quite obviously an all-knowing, all-seeing being would have the ability to use every cognitive function to perfection, but if we assume God has a personality then it's quite possible he would prefer to use a certain functional set. From his depiction in the Old Testament he quite obviously prefers to use Te, Ni, Se and Fi, in that order.

Irrelevant. He has a recorded personality so we can type him as an intellectual exercise regardless. ;)

Well, Lex should shut his fucking trap either way because he's spouting nonsense, but otherwise there's nothing particularly wrong with typing God as a theoretical exercise.

This is just incoherent rambling.

You completely missed my point.. That's OK, Good sir.. I have come to expect that of you. I still think you are a Good Sir.. I do not say that with any intent of sarcasm. But It is quite apparent to me that most times you don't have a clue what I am talking about.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

As long as everyone is on the same page as to what y'all mean by "God". There's God as a literary figure, analyzed by objective outsiders based purely on the Bible, and then there's the God that people actually believe in, who, as Arclight and I have been stating, is IMPOSSIBLE to type.

And I just realized that I'm wasting my time. I'm unsubscribing to this thread.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
You completely missed my point.. That's OK, Good sir.. I have come to expect that of you. I still think you are a Good Sir.. I do not say that with any intent of sarcasm. But It is quite apparent to me that most times you don't have a clue what I am talking about.

What is it with INFPs and the honorific, "good sir"?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
You haven't stated anything worth seriously responding to.

Out of the mouths of babes:

Now perhaps you better understand the trajectory of responses you've thus far garnered.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
What is it with INFPs and the honorific, "good sir"?

I didn't know if it had anything to do with being an INFP or what not..

It's just using manners. I have no problem with Aleski .. so why should I not try to disarm him with respect and manners.? There is no nice way to tell someone they just don't understand you. But you can still say it in a way that isn't aggressive or seen as an attack.
It's not so often what you say, but rather how you say it that has the greater impact.
I could have left out the Good Sir.. and my post would have had a whole different tone to it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you never did answer the argument that you have more in common with Lucifer sin wise :rolleyes:

I'll admit to lust and gluttony, but you have some wickedly sharp pride going on to even START a thread like this :newwink:

KDude

In other words, there is no direction for me to follow but my own.

Uh.. I was mistaken that you are probably the biggest attention whore on this site...entirely dependent on people. If you were so independent, these silly threads of yours wouldn't exist.

It's working though, so... :nice:

I guess.

Little_Sticks

The OP asks a question and provides an argument (I dunno if it's shitty or not, the discussion an sich doesn't interest me). And then half of the replies are people being all frowny because he had the audacity/arrogance to link his own type to the concept of a god. Free thinking (also) means going beyond these politically correct constraints IMO. It means asking all questions.

Indeed, we need to be asking questions like "If God is an INTJ and he likes cheese and wine, because INTJ's like cheese and wine, then what kind of INTJ cheese and wine would he like best?" We can't argue type unless we answer such questions as well. WE NEED TO ASK ALL QUESTIONS.