User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 13.24%
  • No

    59 86.76%
First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 206

  1. #31
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    God created the universe and everything in it, ergo God is perfect, as he is everything as it is. Your definitions of "perfect" are irrelevant due to their subjectivity. If God intended something to be a certain way, then it is perfect as objective fact. His actions would be independent of human subjectivity. Unlike mortals, God would theoretically possess the power to realize his ideas in full, and is therefore as close to perfect as one could be.
    well, I believe that god exists, and I have to agree with you on this one. : )

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Sure ... an Old Testament version of of a god ... before Darth Vader was dreamed up as the quintessential INTJ power tripper using `the force' for `the dark side'.

    Lots of Gods don't resemble INTJs in the least: Kairos and Aprhodite, to name two.

    Not many of the muses resemble INTJs.

    I don't think Procrustes qualifies as a god, but Procrustes resembles an INTJ.

    Procrustes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Most INTJs I've met have had Procrustean beds they prostrate their own thoughts and lives upon ... and not just occasionally others.

    Or so it seems ... FWIW.

  3. #33
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    God created the universe and everything in it, ergo God is perfect, as he is everything as it is. Your definitions of "perfect" are irrelevant due to their subjectivity. If God intended something to be a certain way, then it is perfect as objective fact. His actions would be independent of human subjectivity. Unlike mortals, God would theoretically possess the power to realize his ideas in full, and is therefore as close to perfect as one could be.

    Again, this is only a hypothetical situation, and it does not matter whether or not you believe in the Judeo-Christian stories. Hell, I could make the same argument for Zeus and Odin.



    I was merely pointing out my perception, and I am sure that no offense was taken. However, even if it was, who cares? I certainly do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    well, I believe that god exists, and I have to agree with you on this one. : )
    If God is perfect a priori, then that means perfection is to be measured against God's actions. Ergo, perfection in a human being is defined as destroying your underlings if they piss you off, making them sacrifice friends and family (and even themselves) for your greater glory, and then every once in a while coming down to help them out if you're feeling bored.

    I should tell everybody Al Capone was the second coming of Christ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #34
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gps View Post
    Sure ... an Old Testament version of of a god ... before Darth Vader was dreamed up as the quintessential INTJ power tripper using `the force' for `the dark side'.

    Lots of Gods don't resemble INTJs in the least: Kairos and Aprhodite, to name two.

    Not many of the muses resemble INTJs.

    I don't think Procrustes qualifies as a god, but Procrustes resembles an INTJ.

    Procrustes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Most INTJs I've met have had Procrustean beds they prostrate their own thoughts and lives upon ... and not just occasionally others.

    Or so it seems ... FWIW.
    Exactly. I am sure that many other gods and goddesses resemble INTJs. I only ask for a comparison with the "God" of the Judeo-Christian religion, as he encompasses all of those traits and coalesces them with unlimited power and knowledge. I suppose the same would apply to Allah, the Islamic god, who is clearly descended from the Abrahamic god, but for the sake of simplicity, I refer only to the former.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  5. #35
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    If God is perfect a priori, then that means perfection is to be measured against God's actions. Ergo, perfection in a human being is defined as destroying your underlings if they piss you off, making them sacrifice friends and family (and even themselves) for your greater glory, and then every once in a while coming down to help them out if you're feeling bored.

    I should tell everybody Al Capone was the second coming of Christ.
    well , god and humans are not a like. God, to me, is perfect, but humans are not. Humans are far from it. We're just like any other animal.

    rofl @ your last comment.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    1. The concept of God in your argument uses religious ideas as supporting facts. Religion and philosophy are often intertwined and are so in your argument by your support of facts on God setting up structure and a heaven for people to reach (living a Christian life, for example, becomes a philosophy)...and by inferring otherwise is just plain ignorant and makes you look unsure of what you are really talking about.
    The concept of God in my argument is purposely supported by religious facts. I am not seeking to prove the existence of the Christian God, nor do I believe in him. I am referring to Christian mythology to support my theory that God displays the characteristics of an INTJ. I only ask your opinion on whether or not you believe so as well, and for you to offer reasoning for why you do or don't.

    I do not care about any real or perceived flaws within Myers-Briggs itself, or any philosophical questions that arise from an analysis of God within the context of our own universe.

    2. That's only your perception and somewhat condescending of my intellect. You may know more than me and you may not. It would be hard to prove since this is an observational science that fails prey to one's own perceptions, whether accurate or not. And outside of MBTI extremes for each type, human beings can and do fall in between for which the theory is intended for. Because of this, it has been shown on the forum that there is evidence suggesting the extreme types fail to explain objective differences between two distinctly different people. Thus your argument about God being INTJ now becomes biased by the fact that you are unwilling to look beyond your simple constructs of extreme types explaining things objectively. This compromises your argument since you are unwilling to consider another perspective other than your own.
    Yes, extremes occur. The bell curve predicts it. There will also be general overlap between types. Nevertheless, this does not discount the existence of separate types.

    It is clear you are only looking for confirmation of your conclusions by discussion of your very strictly confined and self-fulfilling set of standards for the discussion.
    No, I don't honestly care. I want you to give me some reasoning as to why God is or is not an INTJ, and if there is another type that fits better. The user Aleksei was on the right path, at least attempting to answer my question.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  7. #37
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Would a perfect INTJ (over a lifespan) not evolve to XXXX? Perfectly balanced in each functional area? Therefore a "perfect" God would be XXXX ... especially if in our lifespan our purpose is to acquire wisdom.

    However, the God of the Old Testament is more like an ESTJ to me ..... Jesus more like an INFP. Perhaps in that there is balance too.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    I love you, really I do.
    You have the choice to do whatever you want, to be whatever you want to be.
    But if you don't do things my way.. I will punish you for enternity.
    Ignore my contradictions.

    Sounds like an unhealthy INFJ to me

  9. #39
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Would a perfect INTJ (over a lifespan) not evolve to XXXX? Perfectly balanced in each functional area? Therefore a "perfect" God would be XXXX.
    Not necessarily. God would have the ability to display the characteristics of any type, but according to descriptions of his actions, this is clearly not the case. He is also immortal, and therefore has no lifespan. The alpha and the omega. God strikes me as a fairly uniform character.

    To be honest, this same question could be asked of the deities from polytheistic religions, who most certainly have distinct and individual personalities.

    However, the God of the Old Testament is more like an ESTJ to me ..... Jesus more like an INFP. Perhaps in that there is balance too.
    ESTJ? I could see how you would come to the conclusion, considering his staunch insistence on adherence to the "tradition" he founded, but I do not see why this is precluded by being an INTJ, or any TJ for that matter.

    I have always seen it mentioned that Jesus was an INFJ, and I don't disagree.

    Regardless, thank you for responding in the manner in which I asked.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  10. #40
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    to asnwer the op: no
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:23 AM
  2. What sort of evil character would you be?
    By Athenian200 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 06:42 PM
  3. Would this be a personality type issue?
    By Sandy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 09:38 PM
  4. What kind of cookie would YOU be?
    By Oberon in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 07:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO