User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 13.24%
  • No

    59 86.76%
First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 206

  1. #21
    Member Schaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    IxTx
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LSE
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Ah, the delightful irony of unintentional self-caricature...
    second.
    You're seeing God through your own eyes.


    I only know enough to suggest that God is INxx. Both I and N are typed by the definition of the Juedo-Christian God. As for T/F and J/P, the bible provides evidence to argue for both sides.

    I - There is only one god, and he created human in his own image. Both suggests introvert characteristic, like an introvert child creating imaginary friends. By extension, any interaction between God and his own creations (human, the universe, etc) can only be described as an introvert activity. In addition, the Juedo-Christian God outright deny the existence of other deities (other being that's not created by himself and possibly to his equal), which further reinforces the introvert type.
    N - God is everywhere and encompasses all, which means everything would be processed through internal intuition.


    Your grasp on MBTI seems fickle and simplistic.
    Way to keep your argument unbiased and impersonal.
    online test: 6ISTP/5INTP/5INTJ/3ISTJ/1ISFP/1ENFJ
    people's suggestion: 1ISFP
    ......../ Bunny says,......\
    ........\Ask me anything./
    ............)/
    ./\_/\..../
    (O .O)
    [^_u )

  2. #22
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    We don't really know that the universe is organized or that the laws that we think govern it are actually there, we assume it is and assume they are because they appear to always occur from our perceptions. Thus it would be just as likely that God be an INTP as an INTJ.

    But if you think about a being having a mind that can comprehend all of existence being confined to a body that can only interact with all of existence with its body, then I would not call that a God since it could be killed or not have full control over the universe. Thus for such a mind to be able to have a body that can interact with all parts of a universe, it has to be the universe, or have the universe be a part of its body, maybe having each part of the universe be a hand connected to a body that we would call God.

    But then there is also the problem of time. Since this God has to know what is going on at all times and be able to change something when it wants to at any time, it has to exist outside the time of the universe. So its body exists inside time and its mind would exist outside time, where its body would be perpetually shaped by the mind outside time. Thus God would be all types unconsciously (how it manifests in the universe), but its own sole 13th unique type consciously, a type that will only be allowed as a label for one being and would be impossible for us to define with any certainty, since we are just an affect of its processing and unable to actually see the processing and have other similar Gods to compare it to to make any distinctions.

    Which leads me to my next point that (and yes I know you said you didn't want a critique of the limitations, but this is important) personality theory is about generalizing. If we knew everything about another person we would have no need for personality theory because we would already understand a person's being in full. So generalizing means excluding or leaving out information in this case, which would not be wise to apply to a being such as God, that I have described above.

  3. #23
    Reptilian Snuggletron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    10
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    if the Judeo-Christian god could possess a single mbti type, it wouldn't be anything near a Ti user. Reason being is he's probably the most inconsistent mofo ever. In fact he couldn't be typed, because he is so inconsistent, as are the holy texts and everything revolving around the concept and stories about god.

  4. #24
    Member Amalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    66

    Default

    I'd like to see him as an EISNFTPJ.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

  5. #25
    Just a statistic rhinosaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    My first thought: An INTJ must have created this thread.
    *Opens first page*
    Yep, an INTJ.

  6. #26
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schaph View Post
    I - There is only one god, and he created human in his own image. Both suggests introvert characteristic, like an introvert child creating imaginary friends.
    An introvert creates imaginary friends to replace social interaction. An extrovert all alone in the world creates imaginary friends to stave off depression (see: Tom Hanks in Cast Away and Will Smith in I am Legend). Since God was alone before he created the universe, he could easily fit the second category.

    By extension, any interaction between God and his own creations (human, the universe, etc) can only be described as an introvert activity.
    "Hai Moses im gonna burn this bush so you know Im talking to you lolz"

    In addition, the Juedo-Christian God outright deny the existence of other deities (other being that's not created by himself and possibly to his equal), which further reinforces the introvert type.
    Why would it? God is not alone in heaven, he has a veritable army of angels, arch-angels and the like at his disposal. That he is the only God does not mean he is alone.

    Way to keep your argument unbiased and impersonal.
    Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  7. #27
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Why would "God" be a perfect anything?
    To be honest, I find his story sort of dull compared to other ones.
    Not to mention the traditions he supposedly set in place.
    I guess some of it is fine, but... Not perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    God? Perfect? Hardly.

    He sends Abraham up to the mountain to kill his son. When he gets there, he says
    "Ah no, I was just joking! You can keep him! I wasn't really gonna make you kill him! Hahahaha! I am such a lark. Anyway you basically own a whole lot of land because of that. Because you thought I was so awesome."

    That is one example of why God is lame. Why the hell would any sane INTJ bother with something stupid like that?

    And no sane INTJ would say proof denies faith. They could care less about faith. Cold hard facts are more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    IF God were perfect, why use an imperfect concept of human personality as a definition?
    God created the universe and everything in it, ergo God is perfect, as he is everything as it is. Your definitions of "perfect" are irrelevant due to their subjectivity. If God intended something to be a certain way, then it is perfect as objective fact. His actions would be independent of human subjectivity. Unlike mortals, God would theoretically possess the power to realize his ideas in full, and is therefore as close to perfect as one could be.

    Again, this is only a hypothetical situation, and it does not matter whether or not you believe in the Judeo-Christian stories. Hell, I could make the same argument for Zeus and Odin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schaph View Post
    Way to keep your argument unbiased and impersonal.
    I was merely pointing out my perception, and I am sure that no offense was taken. However, even if it was, who cares? I certainly do not.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  8. #28
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    We don't really know that the universe is organized or that the laws that we think govern it are actually there, we assume it is and assume they are because they appear to always occur from our perceptions. Thus it would be just as likely that God be an INTP as an INTJ.

    But if you think about a being having a mind that can comprehend all of existence being confined to a body that can only interact with all of existence with its body, then I would not call that a God since it could be killed or not have full control over the universe. Thus for such a mind to be able to have a body that can interact with all parts of a universe, it has to be the universe, or have the universe be a part of its body, maybe having each part of the universe be a hand connected to a body that we would call God.

    But then there is also the problem of time. Since this God has to know what is going on at all times and be able to change something when it wants to at any time, it has to exist outside the time of the universe. So its body exists inside time and its mind would exist outside time, where its body would be perpetually shaped by the mind outside time. Thus God would be all types unconsciously (how it manifests in the universe), but its own sole 13th unique type consciously, a type that will only be allowed as a label for one being and would be impossible for us to define with any certainty, since we are just an affect of its processing and unable to actually see the processing and have other similar Gods to compare it to to make any distinctions.

    Which leads me to my next point that (and yes I know you said you didn't want a critique of the limitations, but this is important) personality theory is about generalizing. If we knew everything about another person we would have no need for personality theory because we would already understand a person's being in full. So generalizing means excluding or leaving out information in this case, which would not be wise to apply to a being such as God, that I have described above.
    I did not ask for a philosophical analysis, nor care for your poor understanding of MBTI or what seemed like an attempt at special relativity, or any other field of cosmology.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  9. #29
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quick question -- Are you working under the assumption that God exists?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  10. #30
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    I did not ask for a philosophical analysis
    1. The concept of God in your argument uses religious ideas as supporting facts. Religion and philosophy are often intertwined and are so in your argument by your support of facts on God setting up structure and a heaven for people to reach (living a Christian life, for example, becomes a philosophy)...and by inferring otherwise is just plain ignorant and makes you look unsure of what you are really talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    nor care for your poor understanding of MBTI or what seemed like an attempt at special relativity
    2. That's only your perception and somewhat condescending of my intellect. You may know more than me and you may not. It would be hard to prove since this is an observational science that fails prey to one's own perceptions, whether accurate or not. And outside of MBTI extremes for each type, human beings can and do fall in between for which the theory is intended for. Because of this, it has been shown on the forum that there is evidence suggesting the extreme types fail to explain objective differences between two distinctly different people. Thus your argument about God being INTJ now becomes biased by the fact that you are unwilling to look beyond your simple constructs of extreme types explaining things objectively. This compromises your argument since you are unwilling to consider another perspective other than your own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    or any other field of cosmology
    It is clear you are only looking for confirmation of your conclusions by discussion of your very strictly confined and self-fulfilling set of standards for the discussion.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:23 AM
  2. What sort of evil character would you be?
    By Athenian200 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 06:42 PM
  3. Would this be a personality type issue?
    By Sandy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 09:38 PM
  4. What kind of cookie would YOU be?
    By Oberon in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 07:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO