User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 13.24%
  • No

59 86.76%
First 123412 Last

figsfiggyfigs

ya lets not get carried away... you're gonna make some INTJ's heads bigger than they already are...

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

pointless

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't know much about MBTI, however some assumptions can still be made for the sake of discussion - so long as my comments are taken as opinion and not fact, since you cannot really have a serious debate about something/someone that has never been quantified.

Either way, assuming there is a god, and assuming god is awesome - isn't it more likely he'd be a combination of all of the really great parts (subjectively defined by god) from all of the personality types and none of their shortcomings? Maybe even mixed in with some personality types that aren't even possible for mankind yet given our primitiveness in comparison with a being such as god? God being an INTJ (even the ultimate INTJ) just seems laughable to me... Trying to assign an MBTI type to god seems a lot like trying to assign an MBTI type to something like a bacterium. It's been my experience that it is difficult to compare two things on a global scale (God and humans or humans and bacteria) when there is such a huge gap in their complexity... just my two-cents.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Ah, the delightful irony of unintentional self-caricature...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    I don't know much about MBTI, however some assumptions can still be made for the sake of discussion - so long as my comments are taken as opinion and not fact, since you cannot really have a serious debate about something/someone that has never been quantified.

Either way, assuming there is a god, and assuming god is awesome - isn't it more likely he'd be a combination of all of the really great parts (subjectively defined by god) from all of the personality types and none of their shortcomings? Maybe even mixed in with some personality types that aren't even possible for mankind yet given our primitiveness in comparison with a being such as god? God being an INTJ (even the ultimate INTJ) just seems laughable to me... Trying to assign an MBTI type to god seems a lot like trying to assign an MBTI type to something like a bacterium. It's been my experience that it is difficult to compare two things on a global scale (God and humans or humans and bacteria) when there is such a huge gap in their complexity... just my two-cents.

Well said

I think the original posts reeks of species-centrism. IF (and this is a HUGE IF) there is a god; what are the chances that it only created life on earth? chances are that there is life in billions of other worlds...and chances are that they might not have anything in common with us. So to think that god should be one out of 16 possible Human personality types is totally incorrect

Furthermore its my personal belief that most of what we might call god(s) might be ancient UFO's misidentified by humans. After all, the UFO phenomenon has some evidence to support it; while god has none.

Extraverted - 25 Introverted - 75
    Sensing - 0 Intuition - 100
    Thinking - 63 Feeling - 37
    Judging - 63 Perceiving - 37

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think, if God would have created the whole world, he would have been a mentally disturbed ENTP.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Why would "God" be a perfect anything?
    To be honest, I find his story sort of dull compared to other ones.
    Not to mention the traditions he supposedly set in place.
    I guess some of it is fine, but... Not perfect.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ

God? Perfect? Hardly.

He sends Abraham up to the mountain to kill his son. When he gets there, he says
    "Ah no, I was just joking! You can keep him! I wasn't really gonna make you kill him! Hahahaha! I am such a lark. Anyway you basically own a whole lot of land because of that. Because you thought I was so awesome."

That is one example of why God is lame. Why the hell would any sane INTJ bother with something stupid like that?

And no sane INTJ would say proof denies faith. They could care less about faith. Cold hard facts are more important.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

IF God were perfect, why use an imperfect concept of human personality as a definition?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Your grasp on MBTI seems fickle and simplistic. An INTJ sitting alone in the darkness when all the power in existence is innate in him? Introverts do not need any interaction? Introverts can never lead armies? Don't be ridiculous. Introversion has little if anything to do with activity, only the method by which one draws his or her energy. Introverts are drained by excessive personal interaction with other people, but it does not imply that they have no need for people at all; this fact should be obvious considering introverted feelers. All humans need some company at least some of the time. Needless to say, God is not human, but I believe the same principle applies, especially considering that humans were supposedly created in his "image." Simply because he destroyed cities does not make God an ENTJ; that, again, is a ridiculous association.
    No I kind of agree, I said God would have been more likely to be an extrovert because he got bored of being alone, not that that necessarily made him one. Further, note that not only did he made himself friends (humanity and his cadre of angels), but he constantly reached out to said friends, despite not really needing to (INTJs tend to only talk to other people when they want something). He, for example, didn't really need to say "sup" to Moses in the burning bush. He did it anyway -- probably out of boredom since he'd let his supposed "chosen people" be fucked over by Philistines, the Amalekites, the Egyptians, the Babylonians, and the Persians (showing that he did not give a shit about them).

Now, I would buy God being some INxx if he exists today, because we have seen no sign of him. Biblical God was a definite extrovert however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole