User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 13.24%
  • No

    59 86.76%
First 71516171819 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 206

  1. #161
    Senior Member Ming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Sigh, reading those posts...

    Well, so IF God was an INTJ, then what? That proves that INTJs are the best?

    I don't get why people want to define God; God doesn't need YOU to define him. A lowly servant like YOU.

    (And sigh, my logic is simple. You, eg, Lex, just have to take it into a complex view. Sometimes you guys read into things so 'logically' that you miss some of the easiest concepts.)

  2. #162
    What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    Exactly; the most we can obtain is a vague approximation based on our extremely limited understanding. Our initial assumption is that God is like us. We then observe his actions and then use them to prove that God is like us. It’s circular logic with little empirical evidence.
    Flaws in your logic concerning your quoted paragraph, located above, as I see them:

    1.) This topic is specifically about the god of the bible. The range for discussion has been limited, so, from this knowledge - the knowledge of the bible, and only this knowledge can we come to a conclusion about the personality of god. The discussion does not and should not wish to include any sort of pagan god, diety, scripture or concept, including concepts not known to us; concepts that are either not within the Bible, and that are unrealizable through human means, are not to be discussed and are irrelevant.

    2.) We are not debating the existence or nature of god in this thread. Your comment about lack of empirical evidences is not necessary as we are accepting the idea of god as factual, in the sense that it is to be taken literally from the scriptures, and real, so that we may debate his personality.

    Kthnx.

    God wasn’t bound by some biological clock or need to perpetuate himself beyond his death. He didn’t mosey on over to a female God to fulfill some primal sexual desire nor is there any reason to believe that he impregnated the Virgin Mary in the fashion of Zeus from Mount Olympus. Really, God's creation of Jesus seems far more similar to that of Adam and Eve than of the textbook sperm to egg form of reproduction.
    This is all unfounded opinion. A conversation over this will result in nothing beneficial. It is unrelated to the topic at hand, also.

    Elaboration please.
    Wiki it.

    Yes, according to God’s word, filtered through the bias of human text, God possesses an emotional state that a human would roughly interpret as anger, if only because there is no other reference point or word to define the mindset of an omnipresent, all powerful being.
    What makes you think the god of the bible would create beings that are incapable of comprehending him and his nature? Besides, your point is pointless, as it lacks any sort of justification other than your opinion.

    My justification, for my logic, on the other hand, allows for the reasoning that, this is common knowledge amongst biblical studies, the bible is the absolute, god-breathed, exact and without error, word of god, himself. That is to say, god wrote the bible through the form of man. Thus, according to this logic, there is no need to question gods use of words as they would be proper and correct - without error.

    Simply because you understand the most basic structures of a particular thing doesn’t mean that you understand the thing itself. A small child may roughly understand the phrase “time is relative, mmmkay” but that doesn’t necessarily mean that he understands Einstein’s Special Theory of Relativity.
    This topic isn't about Einsteins Special Theory... It's about the phrase, dude. Make a new thread or something.

    Please elaborate.
    No thanks.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

    This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

    Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...



  3. #163
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    im lol'ing at the results of this poll. what a landslide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    If God and Humans were numbers . humans would equal .00000000000000000000000000000000000001
    God is infinite.
    Uh........ .00000000000000000000000000000000000001 of infinity? Really?

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    im lol'ing at the results of this poll. what a landslide.


    Uh........ .00000000000000000000000000000000000001 of infinity? Really?
    No.. of a whole number in comparison to infinity.. Not so difficult is it?

  5. #165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    Sigh, reading those posts...

    Well, so IF God was an INTJ, then what? That proves that INTJs are the best?

    I don't get why people want to define God; God doesn't need YOU to define him. A lowly servant like YOU.
    For clarification as I stated in an earlier post in this thread I don't think we'd be able to type god with any personality theory we currently have to describe ourselves. These theories don't even succeed in describing everyone in the general population accurately...

    that being said, for the sake of addressing your point, let's just say that for whatever reason it turned out that god is an INTJ. That wouldn't mean that INTJs are the best since in this case the two objects (God and mankind) are mutually exclusive.

    Having a trait in common with god has about as much meaning as having a trait in common with an animal. God is kind and some men are kind... some animals are vicious and some men are vicious - can you see where I'm going with this? The difference in complexity between the two objects is so great that direct comparison is impossible in any meaningful way and you end up with two things that are superficially comparable...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    (And sigh, my logic is simple. You, eg, Lex, just have to take it into a complex view. Sometimes you guys read into things so 'logically' that you miss some of the easiest concepts.)
    The logic isn't the problem here... it's the initial assumptions. I don't think he'll ever see your logic and it doesn't seem that you can see his logic either, not because either of you are being illogical, but because you do not agree on the initial assumptions about god which are crucial to actually having a useful debate about the personality type of god.

  6. #166
    Senior Member LunarMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3
    Socionics
    ENTJ
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    This topic is specifically about the god of the bible. The range for discussion has been limited, so, from this knowledge - the knowledge of the bible, and only this knowledge can we come to a conclusion about the personality of god. The discussion does not and should not wish to include any sort of pagan god, diety, scripture or concept, including concepts not known to us; concepts that are either not within the Bible, and that are unrealizable through human means, are not to be discussed and are irrelevant.
    Yes, and/or the Judeo Christian belief system. We are provided with a series of actions that God alleged performed, as well as a collection of general mental states. It is completely up to us to interpret this information and as several human interpreters begin with the assumption that God is humanlike, circular logic is applied to interpret all of his actions as motivated by those found within the human mind.
    We are not debating the existence or nature of god in this thread. Your comment about lack of empirical evidences is not necessary as we are accepting the idea of god as factual, in the sense that it is to be taken literally from the scriptures, and real, so that we may debate his personality.
    The quoted paragraph called for empirical evidence in proving that God possesses motivations and emotions similar to those of you and I. It was not a request for empirical evidence in regard to the existence of God at all. As for the nature of God, it’s impossible not to debate such a thing when discussing his personality.
    This is all unfounded opinion. A conversation over this will result in nothing beneficial. It is unrelated to the topic at hand, also.
    Are you implying that God had sex with the Virgin Mary? Or that an immortal, all powerful being is motivated by self preservation in the fashion that anyone possessing one of the sixteen personality types would be? Seeing that one of the few definite aspects that we know of God is that he is eternal and all knowing, it would not seem to be an ‘unfounded opinion” that he is most likely not motivated by these two instinctual drives.
    Wiki it.
    I cannot argue a point that will not be presented clearly nor is it practical for me to go through 3,303,738 encyclopedic articles to infer the nature of what very well may be a subjective opinion on your part.
    What makes you think the god of the bible would create beings that are incapable of comprehending him and his nature?
    For the same reason that he would create several millions of other beings and organisms incapable of comprehending him and his nature.
    My justification, for my logic, on the other hand, allows for the reasoning that, this is common knowledge amongst biblical studies, the bible is the absolute, god-breathed, exact and without error, word of god, himself. That is to say, god wrote the bible through the form of man.
    You stated it yourself. The Bible is the message of God interpreted to us through a human scribe (Mark, Luke, John, etc.). Even if God were to possess the writers themselves, providing them with the full ability to understand God’s message (very doubtful), there would still be a barrier in interpreting this theoretically infallible work through the frailties of the thousands of human languages into which the Bible has been interpreted over millennia of time. There are several who cannot even agree upon whether a famous passage should be translated into “Thou shall not kill” or “Thou shall not murder”. What is the chance that interpretations for the thousands of other passages in the modern Bible are completely straightforward?
    This topic isn't about Einsteins Special Theory... It's about the phrase, dude. Make a new thread or something.
    It was an analogy pointing out that simply understanding the most basic structure of a particular subject does not mean that you understand it. If my post was about Einstein’s theory I would comprehensively go into the scientific principles concerning it.
    No thanks.
    Then there is no argument.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

  7. #167
    What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Tsk-tsk.

    Some people simply cannot comprehend that which has been made simple.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

    This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

    Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...



  8. #168
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,673

    Default

    As an old saying says: If it is not a human being and it isn't a God either, then it must be an INTJ.


    In other words: No, I don't think so.

  9. #169
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Proof that God is in fact an ENTP:

    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  10. #170
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,128

    Default

    I want one!!!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:23 AM
  2. What sort of evil character would you be?
    By Athenian200 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 06:42 PM
  3. Would this be a personality type issue?
    By Sandy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 09:38 PM
  4. What kind of cookie would YOU be?
    By Oberon in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 07:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO