User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    NiTi
    Socionics
    EII

Default Are INFP's notorious for....

Not knowing what type they are? (there is a selfish motive for starting this thread)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

For me, at least, yes, until very recently. I have thought I was INFJ, INTJ, ENFP, INTP but the first type I related to completely was INFP like five years ago. I think it is because we love to question and take things apart. Once we have taken all the INFP profiles apart, we want more, we want more questions and we want more details. So we spill over into some of the other types that bears similarities to us. So that we can have something new to take apart and question. We do that with a lot of things, I believe. I think some other types know when to stop questioning. Every time we change, we question. Since we never stop changing, we might never stop questioning our true type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm going to say no. There are way too many self-proclaimed INFPs on this board & other forums for INFPs not to know their type. I think it's a big myth that NFPs cannot decide on type - rather, people just like to lump other people into the NFP categories if they seem indecisive. I notice people typing themselves as INFP at first & then switching to another type once they know MBTI better & then staying with that new type - indicating to me that they mistyped as INFP and have found a better fit.

I'd argue that being Fi-dom, you often know yourself well and you will find your type soon enough through testing, reading profiles, researching functions, and honest self-analysis. Almost everyone goes through a questioning period when they first get into MBTI. Those who can never decide seem to not know themselves very well, or to not understand MBTI very well, IMO.

Personally, once I settled on INFP, I never went back .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

yes and no... if the INFP has an atypical development of functions, they may confuse themselves with another type... but i think the more they self-reflect and focus on who they are when alone and what really matters to them (as opposed to what they can do if necessary or what roles they might play well), it becomes clear.

at least, that's how it worked for me.

(my ultra-subjective posting style should give away my infp type fairly easily)

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

Anyone who is fairly well balanced within the functions probably has a harder time. Extremes of any function would be much easier to notice.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'm going to say no. There are way too many self-proclaimed INFPs on this board & other forums for INFPs not to know their type. I think it's a big myth that NFPs cannot decide on type - rather, people just like to lump other people into the NFP categories if they seem indecisive. I notice people typing themselves as INFP at first & then switching to another type once they know MBTI better & then staying with that new type - indicating to me that they mistyped as INFP and have found a better fit.

I'd argue that being Fi-dom, you often know yourself well and you will find your type soon enough through testing, reading profiles, researching functions, and honest self-analysis. Almost everyone goes through a questioning period when they first get into MBTI. Those who can never decide seem to not know themselves very well, or to not understand MBTI very well, IMO.

Personally, once I settled on INFP, I never went back .
    Ah, but just because I am new here doesn't mean I haven't been on a long process of discover my type. I think it's just this quest for identity which is so silly that I care to figure that out so much when really at the end of the day whether I am E/I, S/N, etc... at the end of the day I am me for better or worse.

I imagine on this forum enough I will discern which type I am most of the time as well as finally just sticking to one instead of: infp, infj, enfp, enfj, intp, isfj, etc....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Anyone who is fairly well balanced within the functions probably has a harder time. Extremes of any function would be much easier to notice.

Introverted- 89%
    iNtuition -95%
    Feeling-89%
    Perceiving-84%

ohh yea I really didnt have a hard time lol
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Depends really, personally, I found that as an INFP, I questioned up until the point when I very recently spent a bit of time with ENFPand INTP friends who were confident in their type. It was then that I could say that although we were similar, the way we processed and expressed things was quite different, at that point, the way that parts of the descriptions might manifest in real life clicked, and after reading a bit more, I settled on INFP...The descriptions can be a bit sketchy and open to individual interpretation, so if you can't spend time with simillar types in real life, you might wanna ask around here to find the most reliable descriptions, especially online, cause anyone who likes MBTI could write one...Good luck

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I always wanted to be like others. I am not good at making friends and I don't even speak a word in crowd. Yep I hate crowd! I even thought myself as a loser. Later I get to know my type and I read some psychological articles. Now I started to accept myself for who I am. I like to hear your story :-)

Sorry I am not good at English

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I agree with OrangeAppled that since INFPs are introspective we have a pretty good grasp of who we are. I did think I might be an INTP briefly years ago though.
    Introverted (I) 76.67% Extroverted (E) 23.33%
    Intuitive (N) 61.11% Sensing (S) 38.89%
    Feeling (F) 65.52% Thinking (T) 34.48%
    Perceiving (P) 80.65% Judging (J) 19.35%