User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENXP

I have a cousin who took the MBTI, and his jaw dropped on how accurate the profile was. I'd have to agree.

But with you? No, I don't think it's always that simple :p

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by swift sylvan View Post
    Not knowing what type they are? (there is a selfish motive for starting this thread)
    I'm not absolutely positive because I think I might be an ISFP.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    But dude you are so spacy

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    But dude you are so spacy

MBTI
    INFP

I think INFPs always know they're INFPs, but sometimes try to be something else. Denial, basically. INTP is the most common port of call from what I've seen. The first time I read the INFP profile I knew it was me, even though I'd scored as INTP on the test. I've never doubted since.

The issue is clouded somewhat by INFJs though. Some people can't seem to decide between INFP and INFJ. I always assumed they were either dishonest INFPs or INFJs being too hard on themselves. Most seem to settle on INFJ, rightly or wrongly.

MBTI
    INFP

I took the MBTI when I was about 20. Can't say I was very surprised by the result.
    And compared to my friends (who are all far from being INFP), I had a pretty good idea what my "profile" was beforehand ;-) They are still rather clueless, or uninterested rather, in their personalities/psychology.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    I have a cousin who took the MBTI, and his jaw dropped on how accurate the profile was. I'd have to agree.

But with you? No, I don't think it's always that simple :p
    Darn borderline preferences...E/I and J/P

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    i'm the same way, always stuck between the two... but i think a lot about possibilities and the future, and i consider myself to be somewhat "philosophical" (lol...). those are two things i read are more INFP than ISFP, so i guess i'm sticking with infp.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Im an INFP Im not one that is like 'OMG that must be my type!' I've tested myself about 5 times;

4/5 - Classed as an INFP
    1/5 - Classed as an ENFP

I never judged myself to be an INFP I thought I might be one when I read up on it in an instance so then I went ahead and found out I actually was one.

I get curious and like to learn about new things

Quote Originally Posted by soft View Post
    i'm the same way, always stuck between the two... but i think a lot about possibilities and the future, and i consider myself to be somewhat "philosophical" (lol...). those are two things i read are more INFP than ISFP, so i guess i'm sticking with infp.
    they can both be similar, i think, being Fi dom, but it's almost as simple as just seeing if you generally like to directly experience more first..they are both comparing what lines up to their Fi, but it seems infp can dissociate more quickly with potential situations/people, and appear more the introvert. the isfp likes going outside often, or meeting new people, or touching things before getting an idea of what fits. in fact, it kills us if we can't see enough. it's not as fun to fantasize or imagine. i can imagine things for about 10 seconds.. and then i go get a bag of chips. if i can't go to paris, and my choice is to imagine or eat a bag of chips, then the chips win every time. as for philosophy, i don't know about other isfps, but i like the philosophers who can break down things to a maxim. i like simplicity - and if i want to know about a more complicated philosopher, i swear i would prefer the damn cliffnotes. i do not need to read the critique of pure reason in it's totality. it's not that i'm stupid (but i do believe infps are generally more intelligent than i am) - it's just boring to play with any theorizing.