User Tag List

First 4567 Last

this bhutto woman is a prime example. an enfj teacher who becomes like an martyr istp...in this case under social stress.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by DaRick View Post
    - Have suicidal thoughts (more often)
    - Verbally abuse and threaten people
    - Create an emotionally volatile atmosphere
    - Actively avoid or defy authority
    - Take my anger out on friends
    - I may throw objects around the place
    - I may disrupt certain gatherings (i.e - I once disrupted a party in a classroom)
    - My appetite is diminished
    - I lose my rationality completely (or get upset over nothing)
    - I become confused as to why bad things are happening to me
    - I don't care about the consequences of my actions until after I've left the 'extreme stress' phase
    - I get people asking me in a worried tone: "Are you all right?"
    - I become more negative and cynical than usual
    - I begin believing that nobody cares about me
    - I become very impulsive
    My immediate response to these symptoms leads me to believe that you are depressed. I most definitely do not become my type opposite when I am stressed, but that may be the case for other people.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    My immediate response to these symptoms leads me to believe that you are depressed. I most definitely do not become my type opposite when I am stressed, but that may be the case for other people.
    It's not becoming your opposite type so much as you try to use the functions of your opposite type... just very very badly.

I found that I only get to that stage when I get swamped with work that my dominant and auxiliary function couldn't handle that it push me into tertiary... then even that doesn't work. Then you end up all stressed out and start using the inferior function that you are not adapted to handle.

MBTI
    yupp

There was this site called teamtechnology.co.uk, which suggested that INTJ's, under extreme stress, acted like ESFP's, or that any personality type reverted back to their shadow type. This is an interesting theory, which (as far as I can tell) has not been presented in such explicit terms on any other website I've seen (some websites have implied the exhibition of an 'opposite' personality under stress, such as personalitypage.com, but not explicitly). I can't really tell whether this is a fair call or not. I know I probably shouldn't use myself as an example (I've done so way too many times, but I'm not really sure how else to get across my confusion about this theory), but here is what I am prone to do when under 'extreme stress':

1 Have suicidal thoughts (more often)
    2 Verbally abuse and threaten people
    3 Create an emotionally volatile atmosphere
    4 Actively avoid or defy authority
    5 Take my anger out on friends
    6 I may throw objects around the place
    7 I may disrupt certain gatherings (i.e - I once disrupted a party in a classroom)
    8 My appetite is diminished
    9 I lose my rationality completely (or get upset over nothing)
    10 I become confused as to why bad things are happening to me
    11I don't care about the consequences of my actions until after I've left the 'extreme stress' phase
    12 I get people asking me in a worried tone: "Are you all right?"
    13 I become more negative and cynical than usual
    14 I begin believing that nobody cares about me
    15 I become very impulsive

I did consider putting this in the 'What's my Type?' section, but I felt that wasn't really appropriate, since I am using myself - under extreme stress - as anecdotal evidence, in order to prove or disprove this 'shadow stress' theory, as I will term it. (I know that this all sounds vague, but I've got no better way to express my curiosity ). Besides, I am dealing with shadow types, as opposed to real types. Also, I feel that I would be hogging that section if I did.
    I can relate to when stressed 1,2,4-6,8-15 plus if I'm extremely stress I'll hear voices (though it may just be too many thoughts in my head at once,but they scream some of the most random things) and have tendency to believe I'm either dying or going insane.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Under moderate stress I start exhibiting negative IxTJ traits, and then when I'm extremely stressed I start showing negative ExFJ traits.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INTJ

Under stress I become manic, which for me, means I act like an ENxx. I can't act like an S type if I try, my N is so far off the charts!
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    TiSe

For instance, I got annoyed (although I don't show it), when this 'friend' said of the ISTJ description: "Oh, it suits you." Others said it too. It annoys me that they think that I am so simplistic and easy to figure out when they don't really know me well enough to make such sweeping judgements on my characters, when in fact I'm quite the opposite.
    Interesting DaRick and I will try to find the article that I was just scanning, but it disgusted the blindness of dichotomies where INTJs and ISTJs can appear look-a-likes due to the S/N Blindness, INTP and INFP due to the T/F Blindness, you get my drift. INTPs think ISTPs resemble, where I see a vast difference and see more commonality between ISTP and INTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Interesting DaRick and I will try to find the article that I was just scanning, but it discussed the blindness of dichotomies where INTJs and ISTJs can appear look-a-likes due to the S/N Blindness, INTP and INFP due to the T/F Blindness, you get my drift. INTPs think ISTPs resemble, where I see a vast difference and see more commonality between ISTP and INTJ.
    I've never really thought ISTP's, INTJ's, or INTP's resembled one another much... but then perhaps so many of them are mistyped I haven't gotten an accurate picture of any of those types. What do you think?

I always thought of ISTP's as being like Han Solo, INTJ's as being like Jean-Luc Picard, and INTP's as being like Rene Descartes. Am I far off?

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I've never really thought ISTP's, INTJ's, or INTP's resembled one another much... but then perhaps so many of them are mistyped I haven't gotten an accurate picture of any of those types. What do you think?

I always thought of ISTP's as being like Han Solo, INTJ's as being like Jean-Luc Picard, and INTP's as being like Rene Descartes. Am I far off?
    I think that MBTI would like to make you believe that, because it attempts to limit the personality and make it finite. Even in taking cognitive tests, you notice that on any given day you may prefer a function that is not your dominant one. So on any given day, I may resemble ISFP, ESTP, INTP INTJ, etc. I think we all have two functions that come natural, however as we get older we experience the other functions more. As we gain more experience in using them then they become natural. However as Lenore Thomson says, we never gain full usage of our weakest functions and we should not attempt to. Otherwise, there would be no need to say that we have dominant functions if they can all be used equally effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post

its istp and intp that are look alike types in socionics.

Look-a-like relationships
    Last edited by lefty; 01-04-2008 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Added Link