User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Well yeah, honestly, I really don't think I speak any negative *judgements* about specific people, to people, out loud. Because I realize it's just my mood talking, so I don't think it's fair, nice, or appropriate. I know it's more a reflection of MY mood, than anything the other person has done. Because the reality is the other person is probably behaving just like they normally do, and on non-stressed days, I wouldn't be bothered at all...so I don't say anything when I am stressed.

I guess I never make negative statements regarding someones' character or personality;
    You're a saint... you never say negative things out loud. The fact that you have that much self-control at all times makes me feel even worse than I already do about when I mess up and say such things (I know that wasn't your intent, though). I wish I could just never say mean things to people the way you do.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Well..uh..I hope you're not being sarcastic there!! And trust me, I'm far from it. Also, don't beat yourself up any more than you probably already do!! I think one of the INFJ's worst talents is to beat themselves up. I do it ALL the time.

It could be argued the other way you know...that keeping it all in, and always self-monitoring, isn't necessarily a good thing either. But yes, it's what I tend to choose to do - the only reason being like I said, that I know my perceptions are a bit off-kilter when I'm really stressed.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Well..uh..I hope you're not being sarcastic there!! And trust me, I'm far from it.

It could be argued the other way you know...that keeping it all in isn't necessarily a good thing either. But yes, it's what I tend to choose to do - the only reason being like I said, that I know my perceptions are a bit off-kilter when I'm really stressed.
    No, I was serious. And I know that my perceptions are skewed at that point as well... it's just that I when I reach a certain point, it's hard for me to stop it from coming out. So I guess I'm jealous that you can do that consistently and I can't (although I can most of the time, it slips for me). That's what I would do, if I could.

Does that make sense?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    No, I was serious. And I know that my perceptions are skewed at that point as well... it's just that I when I reach a certain point, it's hard for me to stop it from coming out. So I guess I'm jealous that you can do that consistently and I can't (although I can most of the time, it slips for me). That's what I would do, if I could.

Does that make sense?
    Yes, it makes total sense.

I'm positive you are able to do things consistently that I can't do and wish I could do..so it evens out. :-) Also, who knows, there might be a point in your future where you'll be able to do it consistently. And if not, that's ok too. But I do know I keep learning new things about myself and others all the time, and I definitely have different approaches/outlooks to life today than I did, say, 5 yrs ago....so these things are always just a work in progress, for everyone.........I think we each beat ourselves up about our own unique little demons.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm supposd to turn into a really bad version of the ESTP.

I definitely tend to be more Se & Ti when I'm stressed, so I can see that theory.

Se:

-I get really impulsive & make impulsive spontaneous decisions that are rarely thought out. I also engage in more impulsive, in the moment activities such as blowing $400 shopping (when I'm normally extremely controlled & borderline cheap with money) or drinking too much.

-I tend to start focusing on the physical instead of the mental. I'll start a weird diet because I get superfocused on my body image or exercise obsessively.

-I get hypersensitive to outside stimuli that I never notice any other time. I also can't concentrate to save my life. I tend to shift from activity to activity during this time.

-I tend to break plans or drop people for no apparent reason, which goes completely against my ideals & ends up making me feel like a hypocrite.

Ti:

-Analyzation to the extreme. I take everything in & analyze it to bits. I often detach in this analyzation mode & rarely get anything done.

-I get very argumentative on behalf of my Ti. I'll also make statements with no regard whatsoever for the feelings of others.

Funny, my ESTP mom seems to turn into a really lame version of me while upset. Fe spills ALL over the place& she starts anticipating in a really negative Ni sort of way.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't turn into anything like an ESTP under stress. I go from a heightened state of paralyzing anxiety that eventually wears me out into an almost serene apathy. I become very detached from myself and more inwardly structured, but outwardly less structured. Many things simply no longer register or bother me. I become very unaware of the concrete world, lose things, make lots of mistakes. The main feature that changes has to do with my emotions which almost completely detach at times. If anything I become a bit more abstract, structured, and static. My emotional circuitry fries out. I turn into robo-toonia part of the time when I'm not focused on crying.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    You're a saint... you never say negative things out loud. The fact that you have that much self-control at all times makes me feel even worse than I already do about when I mess up and say such things (I know that wasn't your intent, though). I wish I could just never say mean things to people the way you do.
    When I'm irritable, I can be outwardly negative. When under extreme stress, I can be outright abusive, threatening and even violent. Otherwise, I don't really express my negative opinions of others.
    MBTI: INFJ (I: 100% N:58% F: 58% J: 84%)
    Socionics: INFJ
    Enneagram: 4w5 sp/so/sx

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I don't turn into anything like an ESTP under stress. I go from a heightened state of paralyzing anxiety that eventually wears me out into an almost serene apathy. I become very detached from myself and more inwardly structured, but outwardly less structured. Many things simply no longer register or bother me. I become very unaware of the concrete world, lose things, make lots of mistakes. The main feature that changes has to do with my emotions which almost completely detach at times. If anything I become a bit more abstract, structured, and static. My emotional circuitry fries out. I turn into robo-toonia part of the time when I'm not focused on crying.
    Now, see, that happens to me under prolonged stress, but I rarely experience that kind of prolonged stress. And I wouldn't call that sense of apathy you're describing serene... I'd like to call it frightening in retrospect, but it really doesn't "feel" like anything... just kind of dead.

I think it's like a power outage. Normally you would try to do your report on the computer, but if the power goes out, you have to write it by hand while studying books by candlelight/flashlight. I think that's sort of what this feels like. You could also say it feels kind of like a driver malfunction in earlier versions of Windows that forces you to try and repair everything from the command prompt so that you can get back into Windows. Those analogies are weird, but then so is that experience.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

This is a very interesting topic.

I think XNTJ is most evident in me in my normal state. However, under stress, or under the influence of other people around me creating energy or forcing my own energy to influence them in some way makes the Extraversion in me come to life, along with Sensing, something my ENFP friend actually notices more in me. However, when things get chaotic, I can become almost mentally scattered, like an ENTP. This happens when I don't keep myself under control; it happens when I unleash myself.

In essence, I've never made a full flip. If I'm XNTJ in regular state, I've never been XSFP. Technically, the only one I'm truly balanced on and always have been is Extraversion and Introversion. S/N changes depending on my mood. T and J are generally consistent, but P occasionally enters the arena.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Naomi Quenk put out a good book about MBTI "inferior function / flipped" selves (the original release was called "Beside Ourselves" -- but I think the title was changed upon rerelease). I recommend it, if you can find a copy.
    It did come out under "Beside Ourselves: Our Hidden Personality in Everyday Life", but she revised parts of it and retitled it "Was That Really Me? How Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality". Essentially it is the same book. Dr. Quenk's books raises one of the problems that I have with the system overall in it's rigidness in describing types at either their most healthy level or most unhealthy level, with nothing in between. There are so many types that, in this case the INTJ would most likely consider before hitting rock bottom to total unhealthiness. I would say that bits and pieces of each dichotomy would disintegrate until the INTJ would not realize who they truly were and appear ESFP. So before that occurs, an INTJ could mistype as INTP, ISTJ, INFJ, and so on depending on the person and how strong they prefer the type functions. Clearly I mistyped as INTP, coincidentally when taking Dr. Quenk's Step II, because Se is my weakest function and I can easily use my Ne.