User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Do any other NFJs get irritated by commercials when your fuse is short?
    Oh I don't think that's just NFJ's. I get so irritated by commercials that long ago I stopped watching commercial TV. It's been BBC and DVD's for me for a long ol' time. Sometimes the kids watch the cartoon channels and I make them mute it during the commercials because they just absolutely drive me crazy.

I was walking by, saw it and thought acidly: "You should be weeded out of the gene pool, you f-ing selfish numbnuts, so your wife can remarry within her species."
    Ah, haha, no it's not that. I wouldn't think that at all, though I'd laugh my ass off if you said it in front of me and enjoy extending it to maximum word-bomb potential. What annoys me about them is just how damn hyper they are, the voices are so loud, they sound so excited and just super hyper, and 99% of the time what's being advertised is just useless crap that's nowhere near as exciting as they're trying to make it sound. They're just so full of BS - airbrushed, digitally remastered Penelope Cruz telling women they should dye their hair "because you're worth it"... aghghghg just all that fakery and the cynical marketing strategies behind it are so nakedly obvious... I just want to destroy the TV.

*deep breath*

When I get stressed I go inferior F of all kinds. Strangely, Si isn't really inferior for me any more, and engaging it often helps to being me back on course. Or if I can't engage my own, finding someone else who has strong, good Si or Te (or both), and 'plugging in' to them invariably brings me back.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ISFJ

I've had instances where under stress, I felt that I became my shadow type. I was probably acting like a ENTP. When issues came up at my "lunch table" I debated ferociously and words flung out of my mouth without thinking. No one could disprove my ideas either. I no longer had to think and then say, which I tend to do a lot. I went home that day without an urge to do anything, which is extremely unlike the ISFJ me. The next day I was back to ISFJ.
    "Move swiftly."

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

infjs don't like to be estps when stressed!

when really seriously stressed about things I do suppose I act a bit infjish- I may take things somewhat personally and seriously and actually will cry occasionally if stressed enough! (something I wouldn't normally do!)

this is, however, refering to a basic mental meltdown instead of normal stress!

normal stress just means that I'll be acting more obnoxious than usual!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Usually not quite like that as much any more (although it used to be)... these days it seems to manifest more like a sarcastic, "Well, yeah, that makes a lot of sense." Sometimes it's also a condescending, "Come on, that's basic knowledge. How can you possibly not know that?" It can also be, "I don't have the time to listen to your irrelevant ravings." So my bad mood towards my television (and sometimes other people), has less of an edge, but it's more condescending and dismissive.

I don't really like to say things like that to people either, and I usually feel badly about it.
    Well, I can sort of relate to this (maybe not the exact comments, but just the judgements/negativity) except I NEVER say any of it out loud!! (aside from a few embittered comments about humanity that I allow my brother to hear, hahahaha). It all stays in my head, and then I'll think I'm mean/horrible for having the thoughts, recognize I'm just in a funk and should minimize my contact with people until I get out of it..and then the cycle I initially posted continues!!! :-)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I know I can get caught up in details and planning when I'm stressed out. That and be grumpy and aggressive. I suppose that's like ESTP... well EST anyhow.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Oh I don't think that's just NFJ's. I get so irritated by commercials that long ago I stopped watching commercial TV. It's been BBC and DVD's for me for a long ol' time. Sometimes the kids watch the cartoon channels and I make them mute it during the commercials because they just absolutely drive me crazy.
    Thank goodness it's not just me. Even on GOOD days, commercials make me NUTS.

Ah, haha, no it's not that. I wouldn't think that at all, though I'd laugh my ass off if you said it in front of me and enjoy extending it to maximum word-bomb potential.
    AHAHAH!!! I try to keep it to myself, but sometimes I just blurt-blurt-blurt if I'm at home and no one but Jaye can hear me. Sometimes I say that awful stuff out-loud because I know it'll make her laugh. She says "MEOW, kitty likes to SCRATCH!!" in her sarcastic shame-on-you voice.

What annoys me about them is just how damn hyper they are, the voices are so loud, they sound so excited and just super hyper, and 99% of the time what's being advertised is just useless crap that's nowhere near as exciting as they're trying to make it sound. They're just so full of BS - airbrushed, digitally remastered Penelope Cruz telling women they should dye their hair "because you're worth it"... aghghghg just all that fakery and the cynical marketing strategies behind it are so nakedly obvious... I just want to destroy the TV.
    The BS factor alone is enough to fray my patience and the rapid-fire, 15 or 30 second spots make my brain feel like it's being hammered on. Ugh. I'm not a good consumer! I've failed the capitalist system!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Stress makes me needy and sensitive, and in that regard, might make me like an ESFJ, but that's really only FJ.
    I don't think stress has ever made me feel E or S.

EDIT: I mean sensitive in the emotional way, not in the obviously S way.
    Last edited by Magic Poriferan; 12-20-2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Added
    Go to sleep, iguana.

lol i don't think i ever became my opposite: ESFJ.. but... if it's true that people become thier opposite, then how do i know that i am not just a stressed ESFJ? lol paradox, eh?

but when i was a unhealthy intp, i did become more of a infp

edit: now that i think about it i might of also been a s... but... i deffinitley never became a E (in fact i was more i then usual when i was unhealthy)
    Last edited by lazyhappy; 12-21-2007 at 12:20 AM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Well, I can sort of relate to this (maybe not the exact comments, but just the judgements/negativity) except I NEVER say any of it out loud!! (aside from a few embittered comments about humanity that I allow my brother to hear, hahahaha). It all stays in my head, and then I'll think I'm mean/horrible for having the thoughts, recognize I'm just in a funk and should minimize my contact with people until I get out of it..and then the cycle I initially posted continues!!! :-)
    Do you mean never, never? Or just very rarely to the point that it would take more stress than the situations you thought of? And I usually think these things rather than say them, although I do say them if I think no one can hear me... or if I'm just too stressed.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Do you mean never, never? Or just very rarely to the point that it would take more stress than the situations you thought of? And I usually think these things rather than say them, although I do say them if I think no one can hear me... or if I'm just too stressed.
    Well yeah, honestly, I really don't think I speak any negative *judgements* about specific people, to people, out loud. Because I realize it's just my mood affecting my perceptions, so I don't think it's fair, nice, or appropriate. I know it's more a reflection of MY mood, than anything the other person has done. Because the reality is the other person is probably behaving just like they normally do, and on non-stressed days, I wouldn't be bothered at all...so I don't say anything when I am stressed. So I guess I never direct barbed comments about someones' character or personality to them.

The only irritable stuff that would come out would be stuff about humanity at large (and usually my brother is the only one who hears this, or else my INFJ coworker who is quite the cynic so can always relate :-) ) , or I'll get more irritated at behavior from random strangers, or stuff on the news...things like that. Or just the petty things that don't have anything to do with a specific person - just obsessive/anal comments about housekeeping, or stupid stuff like that. :-)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ