• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your writing style? - Determining Your Personality Type By What You Write

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is hilarious:

First Text:
1. Introversion (93.3 %)
2. Extraversion (6.7 %)

1. Sensing (53.6 %)
2. iNtuition (46.4 %)

1. Thinking (74.5 %)
2. Feeling (25.5 %)

1. Perceiving (57.0 %)
2. Judging (43.0 %)

Second text:
1. Introversion (64.4 %)
2. Extraversion (35.6 %)

1. Sensing (56.7 %)
2. iNtuition (43.3 %)

1. Feeling (60.8 %)
2. Thinking (39.2 %)

1. Perceiving (61.1 %)
2. Judging (38.9 %)

Third Text:
1. Introversion (85.5 %)
2. Extraversion (14.5 %)

1. iNtuition (64.3 %)
2. Sensing (35.7 %)

1. Thinking (93.1 %)
2. Feeling (6.9 %)

1. Judging (62.8 %)
2. Perceiving (37.2 %)

Last Text:
1. Introversion (98.4 %)
2. Extraversion (1.6 %)

1. iNtuition (95.5 %)
2. Sensing (4.5 %)

1. Thinking (92.4 %)
2. Feeling (7.6 %)

1. Perceiving (56.3 %)
2. Judging (43.7 %)

Don't really have any correlations...

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got these results with the wall of text at the bottom of my post.

1. iNtuition (99.9 %)
2. Sensing (0.1 %)

1. Thinking (99.9 %)
2. Feeling (0.1 %)

1. Introversion (98.8 %)
2. Extraversion (1.2 %)

1. Perceiving (97.6 %)
2. Judging (2.4 %)

The meaning of life, the quest of Albert Einstein for the Creative Force of God and the Holy Grail Vortex of Nikola Tesla sparks the immortal journey of Divine Destiny, the White Hole of Creation and Light and the Black Hole of Darkness and Destruction, the voice of hyperspace, controlling the cosmos and chaos of water, frost, fire, and lighting, channeling the electric fluids of the Ether, forging and annihilating material substances in eternally whirling cycles, unleashing the unlimited energies of stellar alchemical sorcery, ripping the fabric of space and time, opening wormhole warps to all possible planes of existence within the quantum realm of the infinite multiverse, harmoniously orchestrating synthesized superstring symphonies, humbly opening the eyes of knowledge, awakening the mind to all conscious perspectives of the multidimensional relativistic reality, hacking the Universal Supercomputer of Nassim Haramein, destroying old laws and programming new laws into the Existential Game, solving the secret codes of Leonardo da Vinci and the prophetic revelations of Isaac Newton, magically manifesting dreams, tapping focused willpower, shape shifting the physical world of infinite evolutionary transformations, taming the Storm Dragon of Hell, freely flying, becoming one with the inscrutable source of Walter Russell and from which springs the Perfect All of Baruch Spinoza, sailing the oceans of Nirvana, sprouting the bubbles of Genesis, seeking the Higher Balance of Heaven, above and beyond the loftiest levels of the Tree of Life, the crowning ascension besides the Creator of Gottfried Leibniz, the Ultimate Architect of the Universe, the Arch Mage of the Arcanum, the Archon of the Aeon, Cosmic Master Melchizedek, the wisest Wizard.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got these results when I pasted the essay at the bottom of this post by Nikola Tesla. I knew he was INTP!

Intuition - 98.5
Sensing - 1.5

Thinking - 96.3
Feeling - 3.7

Introversion - 97.4
Extraversion - 2.6

Perceiving - 97.4
Judging - 2.6

When a child is born its sense-organs are brought in contact with the outer world. The waves of sound, heat, and light beat upon its feeble body, its sensitive nerve-fibres quiver, the muscles contract and relax in obedience: a gasp, a breath, and in this act a marvelous little engine, of inconceivable delicacy and complexity of construction, unlike any on earth, is hitched to the wheel-work of the Universe.
The little engine labors and grows, performs more and more involved operations, becomes sensitive to ever subtler influences and now there manifests itself in the fully developed being — Man — a desire mysterious, inscrutable and irresistible: to imitate nature, to create, to work himself the wonders he perceives.
Inspired to this task he searches, discovers and invents, designs and constructs, and covers with monuments of beauty, grandeur and awe, the star of his birth. He descends into the bowels of the globe to bring forth its hidden treasures and to unlock its immense imprisoned energies for his use. He invades the dark depths of the ocean and the azure regions of the sky. He peers in the innermost nooks and recesses of molecular structure and lays bare to his gaze worlds infinitely remote. He subdues and puts to his service the fierce, devastating spark of Prometheus, the titanic forces of the waterfall, the wind and the tide. He tames the thundering bolt of Jove and annihilates time and space. He makes the great Sun itself his obedient toiling slave. Such is his power and might that the heavens reverberate and the whole earth trembles by the mere sound of his voice.

To create and to annihilate material substance, cause it to aggregate in forms according to his desire, would be the supreme manifestation of the power of Man's mind, his most complete triumph over the physical world...What has the future in store for this strange being, born of a breath, of perishable tissue, yet Immortal, with his powers fearful and Divine? What magic will be wrought by him in the end? What is to be his greatest deed, his crowning achievement?
Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or a tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life-giving Prana or Creative Force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles, all things and phenomena. The primary substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance.
Can man control this grandest, most awe-inspiring of all processes in nature? Can he harness her inexhaustible energies to perform all their functions at his bidding? more still cause them to operate simply by the force of his will?
If he could do this, he would have powers almost unlimited and supernatural. At his command, with but a slight effort on his part, old worlds would disappear and new ones of his planning would spring into being. He could fix, solidify and preserve the ethereal shapes of his imagining, the fleeting visions of his dreams. He could express all the creations of his mind on any scale, in forms concrete and imperishable. He could alter the size of this planet, control its seasons, guide it along any path he might choose through the depths of the Universe. He could cause planets to collide and produce his suns and stars, his heat and light. He could originate and develop life in all its infinite forms.
To create and to annihilate material substance, cause it to aggregate in forms according to his desire, would be the supreme manifestation of the power of Man's mind, his most complete triumph over the physical world, his crowning achievement, which would place him beside his Creator, make him fulfill his Ultimate Destiny.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now I pasted the below paper by Isaac Newton and apparently he is also INTP!

1. iNtuition (96.7 %)
2. Sensing (3.3 %)

1. Thinking (77.4 %)
2. Feeling (22.6 %)

1. Introversion (92.0 %)
2. Extraversion (8.0 %)

1. Perceiving (95.3 %)
2. Judging (4.7 %)

The folly of Interpreters has been, to foretell times and things by this Prophecy, as if God designed to make them Prophets. By this rashness they have not only exposed themselves, but brought the Prophecy also into contempt.
The design of God was much otherwise. He gave this and the Prophecies of the Old Testament, not to gratify mens curiosities by enabling them to foreknow things, but that after they were fulfilled they might be interpreted by the event, and his own Providence, not the Interpreters, be then manifested thereby to the world. For the event of things predicted many ages before, will then be a convincing argument that the world is governed by providence. For, as the few and obscure Prophecies concerning Christ’s first coming were for setting up the Christian religion, which all nations have since corrupted; so the many and clear Prophecies concerning the things to be done at Christ’s second coming, are not only for predicting but also for effecting a recovery and re-establishment of the long-lost truth, and setting up a kingdom wherein dwells righteousness. The event will prove the Apocalypse; and this Prophecy, thus proved and understood, will open the old Prophets, and all together will make known the true religion, and establish it. For he that will understand the old Prophets, must begin with this; but the time is not yet come for understanding them perfectly, because the main revolution predicted in them is not yet come to pass. In the days of the voice of the seventh Angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God shall be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the Prophets: and then the kingdoms of this world shall become the kingdom of our Lord and his Christ, and he shall reign for ever, Apoc. x. 7. xi. 15. There is already so much of the Prophecy fulfilled, that as many as will take pains in this study, may see sufficient instances of God’s providence: but then the signal revolutions predicted by all the holy Prophets, will at once both turn men’s eyes upon considering the predictions, and plainly interpret them. Till then we must content ourselves with interpreting what hath been already fulfilled.
Amongst the Interpreters of the last age there to scarce one of note who hath not made some discovery worth knowing; and thence I seem to gather that God is about opening these mysteries. The success of others put me upon considering it; and if I have done any thing which may be useful to following writers, I have my design.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hehe well I pasted some excerpts from my novel for fun:

First one, full of the characters internal thoughts, gave me INFP:

1. Introversion (79.2 %)
2. Extraversion (20.8 %)

1. iNtuition (87.8 %)
2. Sensing (12.2 %)

1. Feeling (81.7 %)
2. Thinking (18.3 %)

1. Perceiving (64.5 %)
2. Judging (35.5 %)

Second one, a fight scene, gave ESFP:

1. Extraversion (71.2 %)
2. Introversion (28.8 %)

1. Sensing (57.1 %)
2. iNtuition (42.9 %)

1. Feeling (95.5 %)
2. Thinking (4.5 %)

1. Perceiving (86.0 %)
2. Judging (14.0 %)

And third INFP, a large block of dialogue that somehow managed to be 92% introversion, and was the only one with a remotely balanced T:

1. Introversion (92.8 %)
2. Extraversion (7.2 %)

1. iNtuition (93.6 %)
2. Sensing (6.4 %)

1. Feeling (56.1 %)
2. Thinking (43.9 %)

1. Perceiving (72.3 %)
2. Judging (27.7 %)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
College admissions essay:

1. Introversion (65.9 %)
2. Extraversion (34.1 %)

1. iNtuition (53.1 %)
2. Sensing (46.9 %)

1. Thinking (61.3 %)
2. Feeling (38.7 %)

1. Judging (76.0 %)
2. Perceiving (24.0 %)

1. female (72.4 %)
2. male (27.6 %)

Lulzy. I'm a female INTJ.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Taken from a 1000 word book review.

Introversion (97.2 %)
iNtuition (98.5 %)
Thinking (99.3 %)
Judging (53.4 %)

INTx

redacted

I picked one of my longer recent posts:

1. Introversion (92.8 %)
2. Extraversion (7.2 %)

1. iNtuition (94.2 %)
2. Sensing (5.8 %)

1. Thinking (93.7 %)
2. Feeling (6.3 %)

1. Perceiving (63.4 %)
2. Judging (36.6 %)

I guess I write like an INTP.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The last essay I wrote for the spring semester:

1. Introversion (89.1 %)
2. Extraversion (10.9 %)

1. iNtuition (89.3 %)
2. Sensing (10.7 %)

1. Feeling (56.4 %)
2. Thinking (43.6 %)

1. Judging (51.2 %)
2. Perceiving (48.8 %)

1. happy (69.4 %)
2. upset (30.6 %)

So I write like (drum roll) . . . a happy INFJ! lol

I'm a little surprised since I think my essays are very Te-like.

Let me try another essay:

1. Introversion (98.8 %)
2. Extraversion (1.2 %)

1. iNtuition (83.8 %)
2. Sensing (16.2 %)

1. Thinking (93.8 %)
2. Feeling (6.2 %)

1. Perceiving (67.3 %)
2. Judging (32.7 %)

1. happy (57.0 %)
2. upset (43.0 %)

Ha! Now I'm a happy INTP. And the Thinking is extremely high this time. I wonder how these tests calculate these things.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh:
Just saw the other classifiers, so I put my dialogue text in. Negative 70%; upset 69%; age of writer 65-100, 69%; female 66%; Most like Oscar Wilde 33%, then Frank Baum 17%, then Edgar Allen Poe at 14%; Categories, Politics 39%, Transgendered 21%, Paranormal 13%; Topic, Arts 81%

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
So depending on the time of day, I write like an ESFJ, and ENFJ, and an INTP. WTF?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
1. Introversion (97.2 %)
2. Extraversion (2.8 %)

1. iNtuition (96.6 %)
2. Sensing (3.4 %)

1. Thinking (97.7 %)
2. Feeling (2.3 %)

1. Judging (50.0 %)
1. Perceiving (50.0 %

Now that's interesting. Let's try some other pieces out. It's amusing if you just put one word in. I managed to get 100% sensing just by using the word feel.

All in all..unless you are always consistant in your writing styles this is going to switch a lot. But I suppose that is to be expected. However it is a good tool for pointing out the discrepancies and difficulties of trying to type people from what they write online.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It could be useful when writing a fictional piece from different POVs. Could use it to analyze how you've differentiated the characters.

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
This varies so wildly depending on what I put into it, I'm not sure how useful it is in describing me. OTOH, it's interesting (and pleasing) that pieces written from different characters' perspectives come out with different results, which is as it should be. :)

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Me:

1. iNtuition (98.1 %)
2. Sensing (1.9 %)

1. Thinking (97.7 %)
2. Feeling (2.3 %)

1. Introversion (99.7 %)
2. Extraversion (0.3 %)

1. Perceiving (75.2 %)
2. Judging (24.8 %)

XDD I am greatly amused. I think when I write forum posts, I tend to come off as more of an INTP than an INFJ, probably due to the level of reservation I show towards strangers. IRL, I consider myself much more of an INFJ.

EDIT: Just got different results after using a post from my DA journal.

1. iNtuition (60.1 %)
2. Sensing (39.9 %)

1. Feeling (82.3 %)
2. Thinking (17.7 %)

1. Introversion (87.0 %)
2. Extraversion (13.0 %)

1. Judging (61.0 %)
2. Perceiving (39.0 %)

Much more accurate, IMO; I think I was a lot more 'candid' in the words I was using in my journal. Heh, I guess my Tert Ti shows a bit more when I'm on this site, hence the earlier results. ^^;;

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone told me I write like James Joyce once.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. iNtuition (95.5 %)
2. Sensing (4.5 %)

1. Thinking (78.6 %)
2. Feeling (21.4 %)

1. Introversion (98.3 %)
2. Extraversion (1.7 %)

1. Judging (69.9 %)
2. Perceiving (30.1 %)

So.. I write like an INTFJP? :blink:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. iNtuition - 84.4%
2. Sensing - 15.6%

1. Feeling - 83.9%
2. Thinking - 16.1%

1. Introversion - 99.3%
2. Extroversion - 0.7%

1. Judging - 66.3%
2. Perceiving - 33.7%

INFJ

I approve of this test because it utilizes original creative product straight from the individual. I made sure that I used a paragraph of text from a paper I wrote with subject matter which strongly interested me which would genuinely reflect my personality.

I certainly loosened up after I got to know everyone here, eh?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Sensing (60.4 %)
2. iNtuition (39.6 %)
1. Perceiving (82.7 %)
2. Judging (17.3 %)
1. Thinking (65.2 %)
2. Feeling (34.8 %)