• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your writing style? - Determining Your Personality Type By What You Write

rav3n

Excerpt from The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand:

Extraversion (62.2 %)
iNtuition (63.2 %)
Feeling (97.6 %)
Perceiving (85.7 %)

Rand's an ENFP!! :D

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
this is interesting.

i used a section of my master's thesis, which dealt with the character of mrs ramsay in virginia woolf's "to the lighthouse" (one of my favorite novels). the results were as follows:

1. Introversion (94.6 %)
2. Extraversion (5.4 %)

1. iNtuition (86.8 %)
2. Sensing (13.2 %)

1. Feeling (59.6 %)
2. Thinking (40.4 %)

1. Perceiving (69.0 %)
2. Judging (31.0 %)

verdict: INFP.

perhaps i should use an excerpt from my non-academic writing and see how it would be classified by this system.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Took my very first post on mbti:

So... if I reach the point in my life, when I start questioning myself about who I am, I will be restricted to the boundaries of my existence. If I choose to take help and to read those people who wrote about your tested personality, I will learn about new ways of experiencing oneselves life, or thinking things through.

If I study the matter in detail and begin to reflect outspoken details of my personality in life, I start to see things differently. If I start to come up with ideas in a situation, where such a way of behaviour is not meant to be the natural reaction of things, but may blast boundaries, in a process of for example, when you get to know a new person, I start to become aware of my existence in a wider sense of complexities. If I, still being that individual from the beginning, start to begin to counterreact on reactions that express underlying feeling in a situation, when no feeling is expected; if I start to counterract on feeling at all, while being a thinker. If I choose to go down that path, until the end, if I finally reach the point, when diversification becomes oblivious, when pure natural ways of living are understood and life as it self could turn into a community of people who live while being completly different in a harmonical and disharmonical way of dispute that creates progress for all the benefit of mankind.

If I reached that point, what do I actually have accomplished until then ? I reached the point, where I am able to see, how noone cares about such things. How people are pleased with their existence and cultivate their mistakes. I stand on the mountain top, feeling the warmth of an idealistic world, seeing the visions of a genius and explaining the details of a mastermind. I stand on the mountain top, feeling the love of my beloved one, understanding her need to get reactions on topics from me, as I am feeling the need on getting reactions from her. I stand on the mountain being the one that floats out of phase, while being the center of the universe and doing my part to contribute, to those fictional beings floating, too.

But the facts, still remain...

Who cares ?

Intuition ( 95.5 % )
Thinking ( 88.9% )
Introversion ( 97.7 % )
Judging ( 58.9 % )

I am haunted by INTJ ... :/

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
i tried a fictional excerpt i wrote a few years ago (essentially, a character sketch that consisted of separate fragments):

1. Extraversion (52.6 %)
2. Introversion (47.4 %)

1. Sensing (64.3 %)
2. iNtuition (35.7 %)

1. Feeling (99.0 %)
2. Thinking (1.0 %)

1. Perceiving (68.1 %)
2. Judging (31.9 %)

this is... impressive. especially the 99% feeling vs. 1% thinking. and i can't conceivably be ESFP, not with the way i tune out my surroundings most of the time. i wonder whether the system characterized this as "E"/"S" because i love visual imagery, whether metaphoric or not.

on the other hand, when i took some metafiction/writing notes i had written for my co-author, which were rather passionate/angry sounding because i feel strongly about that specific issue, it gave me this:

1. Introversion (85.8 %)
2. Extraversion (14.2 %)

1. iNtuition (79.4 %)
2. Sensing (20.6 %)

1. Feeling (56.5 %)
2. Thinking (43.5 %)

1. Perceiving (60.7 %)
2. Judging (39.3 %)

bulk writing notes (part one and two):

1. Introversion (79.8 %) 1. Introversion (71.8 %)
2. Extraversion (20.2 %) 2. Extraversion (28.2 %)

1. iNtuition (67.1 %) 1. iNtuition (62.4 %)
2. Sensing (32.9 %) 2. Sensing (37.6 %)

1. Feeling (82.0 %) 1. Feeling (67.6 %)
2. Thinking (18.0 %) 2. Thinking (32.4 %)

1. Perceiving (66.1 %) 1. Perceiving (67.8 %)
2. Judging (33.9 %) 2. Judging (32.2 %)

a letter i wrote to a friend thanking her for a poem i found moving:

1. Introversion (67.3 %)
2. Extraversion (32.7 %)

1. iNtuition (53.8 %)
2. Sensing (46.2 %)

1. Feeling (74.1 %)
2. Thinking (25.9 %)

1. Perceiving (59.1 %)
2. Judging (40.9 %)

conclusion: ESFP style when writing fiction, INFP style when writing everything else. odd.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I copied stuff from my blog and thesis and stuck them together.

1. Introversion (97.1 %)
2. Extraversion (2.9 %)

1. iNtuition (88.5 %)
2. Sensing (11.5 %)

1. Thinking (96.5 %)
2. Feeling (3.5 %)

1. Perceiving (51.8 %)
2. Judging (48.2 %)

I can live with that. When I took the test with just my blog I got ISTJ lol. S vs N was about 50-50, but I still don't know how I feel about that :shock:

S

Sniffles

Took the test again:

1. Introversion (70.7 %)
2. Extraversion (29.3 %)

1. iNtuition (87.1 %)
2. Sensing (12.9 %)

1. Thinking (98.4 %)
2. Feeling (1.6 %)

1. Perceiving (89.0 %)
2. Judging (11.0 %)

INTP.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That was fun :)

1. iNtuition (99.4 %)
2. Sensing (0.6 %)

1. Thinking (81.8 %)
2. Feeling (18.2 %)

1. Introversion (98.1 %)
2. Extraversion (1.9 %)

1. Perceiving (73.3 %)
2. Judging (26.7 %)

So apparently I'm INTP :glasses:

I actually worte short little impromptu responses which I'll post here:

And what is the purpose of this test? I seek to discover the method by which this test can measure my personality writing style, yet remain skeptical that it will yield any concrete or reliable evidence. Alas, let's take the leap of faith and see what we find.

And what of the dichotomy concerning rational and emotion? Thought and feeling? Head and heart? Logic and empathy? Justice and mercy? Well I feel and think as though the division between the two ideas, as seemingly apparent of a physical phenomenon as it is, is in fact illusionary; we are not bound solely by one or the other. And yet it would seem that some people, although not all, are in fact completely one or the other. But such is the messy realm that we often refer to as reality; a sea of phantoms and ghosts, puzzling the way we perceive things and how we interpret them.

If one hides while one dances, we often associate a clear difference between the two, as if both were but static things-in-themselves. However, the shift of appearance and being is of major concern; and those with a keen eye will see just that. For while today ones hides and one dances, the opposite may be true tomorrow; then where will the division between hiding and dancer be, when neither is eternal?

My what a delightful little test; the enjoyment is matched only by it's amazing ability and function. I know exactly what I shall do as of now; I shall place multiple writings and works; comparing the data and seeking information concerning my being. And as an extra amount of fun, placing the writings of others in them to see how they are scored. I eagerly await such excitement!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. Sensing (95.5 %)
2. iNtuition (4.5 %)

1. Feeling (98.9 %)
2. Thinking (1.1 %)

1. Extraversion (64.5 %)
2. Introversion (35.5 %)

1. Judging (76.0 %)
2. Perceiving (24.0 %)

Wait, what?

Next few results: ISFP, ISFJ, ISTJ

I give up :tongue:

Gami

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
1. Sensing (91.9%)
2. Intuition (8.1%)

1. Feeling (93.8%)
2. Thinking (6.2%)

1. Extraversion (53.2%)
2. Introversion (46.8%)

1. Judging (62%)
2. Perceiving (38%)

Oops, got my exact opposite, ESFJ

I suppose it makes sense, really. I used a recent story I've been writing with a Halloween theme and I tend to use a butt load of describing words when I'm writing fiction so yeah...

Omission1234

I used part of my final assignment from religious studies. Got INTP

1. iNtuition (94.2 %)
2. Sensing (5.8 %)

1. Thinking (93.6 %)
2. Feeling (6.4 %)

1. Introversion (95.6 %)
2. Extraversion (4.4 %

1. Perceiving (60.0 %)
2. Judging (40.0 %)

Omission1234

I used part of my final assignment from religious studies. Got INTP

1. iNtuition (94.2 %)
2. Sensing (5.8 %)

1. Thinking (93.6 %)
2. Feeling (6.4 %)

1. Introversion (95.6 %)
2. Extraversion (4.4 %

1. Perceiving (60.0 %)
2. Judging (40.0 %)

ScarletRose

MBTI Type
ISxx
Enneagram
4w5
Ok, I did this multiple times to make sure. 5 times out of 7 I got ISFJ....................... That is not a type I ever considered, I personally think I'm more of a P than a J, but ok then (my writing tends to be very well put together and organized without me trying to make it that way, could that have influenced the outcome?)

The other two times I got INTP (which I definitely am not) and ISTJ (one I had considered, though I'm not a big fan of it, no offense intended).

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Typed in a one paragraph essay:

In "The Pit and the Pendulum", hope plays the role of a foil to despair. This is first demonstrated in the story at the narrator' trial (140). As though through a different lens, the hopeful and angelic image of the candles at the narrator's trial slides into a disgust and a purely prosaic view, this inversion of character displaying despair as more elementary than hope. Despair is a tool of even the imbecile, but hope requires a measure of acuteness to wield as more than a fleeting half-thought (150). Hope accompanies acuteness due to the imagination it takes to see a different future. Despair demands no such imagination, and in fact leaves it as frivolous supererogation. The most common thread that lies between these comparisons of hope and despair is a depiction of hope as more aristocratic than slovenly despair, making the moments where it slips through the dark dungeons of the Inquisition all the more noteworthy.

iNtuition (93.9 %) (FAIL)
Thinking (96.1 %) (Interesting....)
Introversion (98.2 %) (good job...)
Perceiving (84.2 %) (Wut)

Then I did a questionare I filled out when I was doubting my enneagram type.

iNtuition (51.1 %) (Better I guess... but still fail)
Feeling (67.1 %)
Introversion (93.9 %) (I really expected more extroversion...)
Judging (60.7 %)

INFJ? I share NO functions with INFJs! :shrug:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am too lazy to take the test, though based on the results I see, it is bogus.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used a fairly lengthy rep I sent out a while ago, and it worked for me.

1. Introversion (99.0 %)
2. Extraversion (1.0 %)

1. iNtuition (84.0 %)
2. Sensing (16.0 %)

1. Feeling (82.0 %)
2. Thinking (18.0 %)

1. Perceiving (58.2 %)
2. Judging (41.8 %)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not able to read the movements of her malevolent assailants like she would any man or beast of normal flesh, she finds herself unnaturally tense. Sharply staring at the dark trio, realizing there is but one course of action for her to take. With animalistic speed Kiana throws herself at the hooded men with the grace of a swan streaking through water. As the trio ensues toward her almost instantaniously, she grinds her teeth feverishly. All three figures move as one, drawing needle like blades engulfed in unholy smoke. Kiana sidesteps just short of crashing into the potruding tips, jumping her weight effortlessly to the side of the trio. Landing right next to the ensuers she instantly pierces her spear with one powerful thrust filled with all power she can muster through the flimsy husks of her assailants. The terrible shreaks of the dark trio engulf her own cry of battle. The husks are shriveling up, leaving nothing but a pile of ash and black rags.

Sensing/iNtuition
1. Sensing (52.2 %)
2. iNtuition (47.8 %)

Thinking/Feeling
1. Thinking (65.0 %)
2. Feeling (35.0 %)

Extraversion/Introversion
1. Extraversion (73.9 %)
2. Introversion (26.1 %)

Judging/Perceiving
1. Judging (74.8 %)
2. Perceiving (25.2 %)

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Essay on Charlotte Perkins Gilmore's "The Yellow Wallpaper:" INTP
Poem about my husband: ISFJ
Chem 1212 lab report: ISTP
Blog post about political divisiveness: INTP

I will say that although the test appears to be quite flawed, the essay and the blog post are probably the best representations of my personality, and the program correctly typed me based on those two pieces.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Text from my second type questionnaire:
Introversion (93.7 %)
iNtuition (72.4 %)
Thinking (83.8 %)
Judging (62.0 %) INTJ

Document called Witches' Principles of Belief and Way of Life:
Introversion (100.0 %)
iNtuition (99.9 %)
Thinking (99.8 %)
Perceiving (86.0 %) INTP

Blog entry talking about an experience I had:
Introversion (53.2 %)
Sensing (72.3 %)
Feeling (89.6 %)
Judging (64.1 %) ISFJ

excerpts from a couple of random posts: about 60-40 T/F

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was fun :)

1. iNtuition (99.4 %)
2. Sensing (0.6 %)

1. Thinking (81.8 %)
2. Feeling (18.2 %)

1. Introversion (98.1 %)
2. Extraversion (1.9 %)

1. Perceiving (73.3 %)
2. Judging (26.7 %)

So apparently I'm INTP :glasses:

I actually worte short little impromptu responses which I'll post here:

And what is the purpose of this test? I seek to discover the method by which this test can measure my personality writing style, yet remain skeptical that it will yield any concrete or reliable evidence. Alas, let's take the leap of faith and see what we find.

And what of the dichotomy concerning rational and emotion? Thought and feeling? Head and heart? Logic and empathy? Justice and mercy? Well I feel and think as though the division between the two ideas, as seemingly apparent of a physical phenomenon as it is, is in fact illusionary; we are not bound solely by one or the other. And yet it would seem that some people, although not all, are in fact completely one or the other. But such is the messy realm that we often refer to as reality; a sea of phantoms and ghosts, puzzling the way we perceive things and how we interpret them.

If one hides while one dances, we often associate a clear difference between the two, as if both were but static things-in-themselves. However, the shift of appearance and being is of major concern; and those with a keen eye will see just that. For while today ones hides and one dances, the opposite may be true tomorrow; then where will the division between hiding and dancer be, when neither is eternal?

My what a delightful little test; the enjoyment is matched only by it's amazing ability and function. I know exactly what I shall do as of now; I shall place multiple writings and works; comparing the data and seeking information concerning my being. And as an extra amount of fun, placing the writings of others in them to see how they are scored. I eagerly await such excitement!

I quite enjoyed your impromptu responses!