• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your writing style? - Determining Your Personality Type By What You Write

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've gotten nearly every type but my own so far on there by now... I'm starting to think that the program suspects that ESTPs are illiterate or something :thelook:

I will DESTROY it! :cheese:

bwa ha ha ha ha ha..........

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTJ.
The first writing sample was serious businesses writing of mine advocating several specific choices and criticizing an adversaries positions.
1. iNtuition (95.4 %)
2. Sensing (4.6 %)
1. Thinking (99.5 %)
2. Feeling (0.5 %)
1. Introversion (97.7 %)
2. Extraversion (2.3 %)
1. Judging (67.4 %)
2. Perceiving (32.6 %)

ESFP. Wow! with very close to nearly the opposite score for a light hearted cliché riddled short story/word play. See short story below.
1. Sensing (93.3 %)
2. iNtuition (6.7 %)
1. Feeling (99.8 %)
2. Thinking (0.2 %)
1. Extraversion (94.6 %)
2. Introversion (5.4 %)
1. Perceiving (67.0 %)
2. Judging (33.0 %)

Here is the word play/short story example I used.

I’m glad to hear that Mr. Bones is in good hands. You see, I used to know Mr. Bones when he was at the end of his rope. It was right after he bought the farm and started pushing up daises. Back then the women used to complement that he was so light on his feet, it was as if he danced on air. One day I got a telephone call from him after my secretary told me for whom the bell tolls. Mr. Bones asked if I would join him goin' to a dance pawty wit' Gawd! I agreed after he reassured me there would be special accommodations for the immortally challenged.

We decided to casket-pool and meet at the funeral parlor next to the journey's end bar & crematorium. When I saw him he was thin and pale and out of breath. He was nervous and advised me for his New Year resolution he kicked the oxygen habit.
He rambled during the never-ending trip but the mortal of the story was lost in translation. At the party we met the Grim Reaper, the angels and even the celebrated hip hop artists The Notorious D.O.A and Too Shot Shakur but sadly we didn’t meet our maker who had just took a powder.

The chief for the Kennedys was serving fillet of sole, street pizza, salmonella turkey and other worm foods. Mr. Bones donated the liver paté. The party was calm at first and then suddenly the crowd really started rising from the dead.
The last thing I remember was that someone spiked the formaldehyde with punch. I was later told I got real whacked and had to take a dirt nap in the basement six feet under. The next morning I felt a cold arm across my face and to my chagrin I awoke with the sleeping partner of life.

I snuck out of bed and took a long walk down the short pier to only to find Mr. Bones was taking an earth bath. He was smoking a coffin nail and still toasted out of his skull. I turned my head and tossed Mr. Bones his Columbian necktie, cement overshoes and matching concrete galoshes we then drove off into that gentle good night. I got kinda spooked but I always dug Mr. Bones and we nearly died laughing on the drive off the cliff home.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Neat - it got the right type
1. Introversion (77.9 %)
2. Extraversion (22.1 %)
1. iNtuition (78.4 %)
2. Sensing (21.6 %)

1. Thinking (93.3 %)
2. Feeling (6.7 %)

1. Perceiving (93.4 %)
2. Judging (6.6 %)

But I've never been so P in my life - and that based on an excerpt from an e-mail discussion in which I took the decidedly "J" position.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sensing/Intuition
Text: "I like your ass, bitch"
Result:
1. Sensing (81.2 %)
2. iNtuition (18.8 %)

Thinking/Feeling
Text: "Where are you motherfucker?"
Result:
1. Feeling (85.7 %)
2. Thinking (14.3 %)

Introversion/Extraversion
Text: "Bitch! Are you ready for a powerfull night of love?"
Result:
1. Introversion (87.5 %)
2. Extraversion (12.5 %)

Judging/Perceiving
Text:"Raaaaahrg!! I'm hungry!"
Result:
1. Judging (100.0 %)
2. Perceiving (0.0 %)

Final result: ISFJ

They are supposed to be polite.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
For an essay, i got INTP

1. Introversion (88.6 %)
2. Extraversion (11.4 %)

1. iNtuition (85.2 %)
2. Sensing (14.8 %)

1. Thinking (66.7 %)
2. Feeling (33.3 %)

1. Perceiving (55.5 %)
2. Judging (44.5 %)

for a poem, INFP

1. Introversion (94.2 %)
2. Extraversion (5.8 %)

1. iNtuition (79.1 %)
2. Sensing (20.9 %)

1. Feeling (95.5 %)
2. Thinking (4.5 %)

1. Perceiving (76.8 %)
2. Judging (23.2 %)

"Your soul is like a wretched twisted up old shopping bag stuck in a tree."
Extraversion (96.8 %)
iNtuition (85.7 %)
Feeling (99.8 %)
Perceiving (99.7 %)

"I ate my eraser and it tasted like old bubblegum."
Extraversion (100.0 %)
Sensing (100.0 %)
Feeling (100.0 %)
Perceiving (98.8 %)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First text:

"The horses ran past the grocery store and stopped. They neighed quietly. The riders looked around and saw a police squad on foot behind them, guns trained on them. They kicked hard at the horses, while drawing their own guns, and a shootout commenced. When the smoke and dust cleared, all the lawmen were down, along with two of the horses. The cowboys were still alive."

Clearly an STP-oriented text (though I came up with it with mental rather than visual cues, so it was actually Ne). The result? ESFP.

Second text:

"Isn't it funny that if the woodchuck chucked wood in the TARDIS, the Doctor would likely not notice?"

Now this is obviously Ne-dom on crack. The result? ESFJ.

Third sentence:

"My god, necrophilia with space aliens is horrendous!"

Ne Fi sentence. This one it got right: ENFP.

So, 1 out of 3. Overall a rather shitty test.

proximo

This test is shit. It just classifed this as 98% Sensor style

"And there was an intelligence in her laughter that was like red and gold autumn leaves in the wintering park of my inner landscape. It went well with the bare trees, the emptiness inside us both that we, homeopathically, met and soothed in each other. And by the end of a year we were speaking to each other solely in French, so I gained all different skills through the experience."

And this as 87% Feeling

"Empathic people creep me out, actually. They make me feel like I’m being mentally raped all the time, like they’re extracting information from me that I wouldn’t volunteer to give, violating my emotional privacy and twisting the information they get into their own interpretations of who I am and what I’m about. They seldom give my feelings the same value that I do, which is to say, not much. And it’s not nice to feel like a person knows lots of stuff about you that you don’t really know yourself."

According to it, taking several different samples from my autobiography, I write like an ISFP.

:laugh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that makes as much sense as my INFP-ness :tongue:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm too sexy for my shirt.
1. Sensing (92.6 %)
2. iNtuition (7.4 %)

I like big butts and I cannot lie.
1. Feeling (70.6 %)
2. Thinking (29.4 %)

Don't hit me, I'll hit me.
1. Extraversion (99.9 %)
2. Introversion (0.1 %)

Let's do it like they do on the discovery channel.
1. Judging (99.2 %)
2. Perceiving (0.8 %)

Who knew ESFJ's were so crazy. :tongue:

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
Now I tried it with more forum posts:
INTP
INxJ
ISTx
INTP

And essays that I wrote about the four Hogwarts houses about six years ago perhaps xDD

Slytherin essay: INTP
Ravenclaw essay: INTx
Hufflepuff essay: INxx
Gryffindor essay: INTx

Ok, I seem to tend towards INTP-ish writing... at least in this sample.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I analyzed two different pieces of writing, an essay for school that I was very happy with and the beginning of a novel that I was happy with (but am not sure if I will continue.)

Here are the results side by side:

Perceiving
Essay:
1. iNtuition (71.8 %)
2. Sensing (28.2 %)

Prose:
1. Sensing (83.5 %)
2. iNtuition (16.5 %)

Judging

Essay:
1. Thinking (99.3 %)
2. Feeling (0.7 %)

Prose:
1. Feeling (95.3 %)
2. Thinking (4.7 %)

Attitude

Essay:
1. Extraversion (54.3 %)
2. Introversion (45.7 %)

Prose:
1. Extraversion (63.8 %)
2. Introversion (36.2 %)

Lifestyle:

Essay:
1. Judging (69.4 %)
2. Perceiving (30.6 %)

Prose:
1. Perceiving (74.6 %)
2. Judging (25.4 %)

Conclusion

Essay: ENTJ
Prose: ESFP

I think I should try some more writing...

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

"And there was an intelligence in her laughter that was like red and gold autumn leaves in the wintering park of my inner landscape. It went well with the bare trees, the emptiness inside us both that we, homeopathically, met and soothed in each other. And by the end of a year we were speaking to each other solely in French, so I gained all different skills through the experience."

And this as 87% Feeling

"Empathic people creep me out, actually. They make me feel like I’m being mentally raped all the time, like they’re extracting information from me that I wouldn’t volunteer to give, violating my emotional privacy and twisting the information they get into their own interpretations of who I am and what I’m about. They seldom give my feelings the same value that I do, which is to say, not much. And it’s not nice to feel like a person knows lots of stuff about you that you don’t really know yourself."

According to it, taking several different samples from my autobiography, I write like an ISFP.

The second passage is actually Fi as fuck. The first is definite Ne Fi though, so the test is, indeed, shit.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Actually the imagery in that passage is extremely Sensor-like, it's a bit like F.Scott Fitzgerald and most people agree he was an SP, even if we can't agree on which type of SP he was.

And this as 87% Feeling

You're very emotinally biased in that paragraph, it's full of personal value judgements rather than rational objectivity, so I don't know why you're laughing about it being judged as high feeling.

I've noticed three things in this thread:

1) Some people just aren't very self-aware, like the above person I responded to.

2) Some people don't use writing as a major creative outlet for themselves, but they're expecting to be analyzed on silly stuff like research papers, short vulgar sentences, or their replies to threads on Type C.

3) It's best to use passages which you think or feel best represent your personality both in form in content. If you hate writing papers for school, it's probably not a good idea to use that as your sample.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Paper One: (Sociology paper)

1. Introversion (97.7 %)
2. Extraversion (2.3 %)

1. iNtuition (89.8 %)
2. Sensing (10.2 %)

1. Thinking (99.9 %)
2. Feeling (0.1 %)

1. Perceiving (80.8 %)
2. Judging (19.2 %)

Paper Two: (College admission essay)

1. Introversion (98.6 %)
2. Extraversion (1.4 %)

1. iNtuition (97.7 %)
2. Sensing (2.3 %)

1. Thinking (99.5 %)
2. Feeling (0.5 %)

1. Perceiving (52.1 %)
2. Judging (47.9 %)

Double INTP

I also ran an introspective thought log, three test preps and four more essays and all were INTP.

I ran three outlines of classes I've lead and all were INTJ.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
2) Some people don't use writing as a major creative outlet for themselves, but they're expecting to be analyzed on silly stuff like research papers, short vulgar sentences, or their replies to threads on Type C.

Well, I have to use texts like my livejournal entries and forum posts because my mothertongue is not English, so when I write creatively, I don't usually write in English. Although... I don't write creatively very often anyway.

gromit

likes this
That's a great idea. Would you write those questions for us?

Maybe if we just all wrote out our answers to the questions (or whichever ones people felt like doing) from the Video Challenge! Not sure of your type? Let us help type you! thread...?

1-what makes you angry?
2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
3-do you like animals? why?
4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
8-what activities do you enjoy?
9-what makes you feel secure?
10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well... answering the "do you like animals?" question gave me an ISFJ type... probably the fact that I picked that question doomed me to that answer... my ISFJ mother has stated many times that she prefers the other members of the animal kingdom to humanity :laugh:

proximo

The second passage is actually Fi as fuck. The first is definite Ne Fi though, so the test is, indeed, shit.

How is it Fi? I've never heard NFP's complaining about people being empathic! I've heard them claiming to be empathic, complaining about people not being empathic, and bewailing a lack of "truly empathic" relationships in their lives, but I've never heard anything like that from any NFP I've ever known!

The first passage is talking about a BDSM prostitute mind you, which doesn't seem the kind of thing an Ne Fi person would condone, let alone be involved with ;) But it's not analysing the subject matter is it? - Just the style. I wanna see more about how it claims to be doing this.

gromit

likes this
well... answering the "do you like animals?" question gave me an ISFJ type... probably the fact that I picked that question doomed me to that answer... my ISFJ mother has stated many times that she prefers the other members of the animal kingdom to humanity :laugh:

Yeah I'm not sure if those questions work so well for this...

I rattled off quick answers to all of them and it came out as ISFJ too. THose questions might not be very type-neutral (i.e. they might lead to a bias toward ISFJ, but maybe not). I think they worked in the video version because you'd have the whole context... pauses, facial expressions, gestures, etc. etc. but in this you only have the words.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How is it Fi? I've never heard NFP's complaining about people being empathic!
*raises hand* ;)

The passage was extremely Fi because it was completely values-based. it was based on what you feel empathic people do to you (namely, completely mindrape you), rather than on the reasons you're right and empathic people are stupid for disregarding your pragmatic approach because they think it's just wrong (what a Ti or Te-using person would actually say). I agree it's kind of a pot meets kettle moment, but that was nevertheless a feeling statement through and through.