User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

I analyzed two different pieces of writing, an essay for school that I was very happy with and the beginning of a novel that I was happy with (but am not sure if I will continue.)

Here are the results side by side:

Perceiving
    Essay:
    1. iNtuition (71.8 %)
    2. Sensing (28.2 %)

Prose:
    1. Sensing (83.5 %)
    2. iNtuition (16.5 %)

Judging

Essay:
    1. Thinking (99.3 %)
    2. Feeling (0.7 %)

Prose:
    1. Feeling (95.3 %)
    2. Thinking (4.7 %)

Attitude

Essay:
    1. Extraversion (54.3 %)
    2. Introversion (45.7 %)

Prose:
    1. Extraversion (63.8 %)
    2. Introversion (36.2 %)

Lifestyle:

Essay:
    1. Judging (69.4 %)
    2. Perceiving (30.6 %)

Prose:
    1. Perceiving (74.6 %)
    2. Judging (25.4 %)

Conclusion

Essay: ENTJ
    Prose: ESFP

I think I should try some more writing...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    This test is shit. It just classifed this as 98% Sensor style

"And there was an intelligence in her laughter that was like red and gold autumn leaves in the wintering park of my inner landscape. It went well with the bare trees, the emptiness inside us both that we, homeopathically, met and soothed in each other. And by the end of a year we were speaking to each other solely in French, so I gained all different skills through the experience."

And this as 87% Feeling

"Empathic people creep me out, actually. They make me feel like I’m being mentally raped all the time, like they’re extracting information from me that I wouldn’t volunteer to give, violating my emotional privacy and twisting the information they get into their own interpretations of who I am and what I’m about. They seldom give my feelings the same value that I do, which is to say, not much. And it’s not nice to feel like a person knows lots of stuff about you that you don’t really know yourself."

According to it, taking several different samples from my autobiography, I write like an ISFP.

The second passage is actually Fi as fuck. The first is definite Ne Fi though, so the test is, indeed, shit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This test is shit. It just classifed this as 98% Sensor style

"And there was an intelligence in her laughter that was like red and gold autumn leaves in the wintering park of my inner landscape. It went well with the bare trees, the emptiness inside us both that we, homeopathically, met and soothed in each other. And by the end of a year we were speaking to each other solely in French, so I gained all different skills through the experience."

Actually the imagery in that passage is extremely Sensor-like, it's a bit like F.Scott Fitzgerald and most people agree he was an SP, even if we can't agree on which type of SP he was.

And this as 87% Feeling

"Empathic people creep me out, actually. They make me feel like I’m being mentally raped all the time, like they’re extracting information from me that I wouldn’t volunteer to give, violating my emotional privacy and twisting the information they get into their own interpretations of who I am and what I’m about. They seldom give my feelings the same value that I do, which is to say, not much. And it’s not nice to feel like a person knows lots of stuff about you that you don’t really know yourself."

According to it, taking several different samples from my autobiography, I write like an ISFP.

You're very emotinally biased in that paragraph, it's full of personal value judgements rather than rational objectivity, so I don't know why you're laughing about it being judged as high feeling.

I've noticed three things in this thread:

1) Some people just aren't very self-aware, like the above person I responded to.

2) Some people don't use writing as a major creative outlet for themselves, but they're expecting to be analyzed on silly stuff like research papers, short vulgar sentences, or their replies to threads on Type C.

3) It's best to use passages which you think or feel best represent your personality both in form in content. If you hate writing papers for school, it's probably not a good idea to use that as your sample.

MBTI
    ENTP

Paper One: (Sociology paper)

1. Introversion (97.7 %)
    2. Extraversion (2.3 %)

1. iNtuition (89.8 %)
    2. Sensing (10.2 %)

1. Thinking (99.9 %)
    2. Feeling (0.1 %)

1. Perceiving (80.8 %)
    2. Judging (19.2 %)

Paper Two: (College admission essay)

1. Introversion (98.6 %)
    2. Extraversion (1.4 %)

1. iNtuition (97.7 %)
    2. Sensing (2.3 %)

1. Thinking (99.5 %)
    2. Feeling (0.5 %)

1. Perceiving (52.1 %)
    2. Judging (47.9 %)

Double INTP

I also ran an introspective thought log, three test preps and four more essays and all were INTP.

I ran three outlines of classes I've lead and all were INTJ.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    2) Some people don't use writing as a major creative outlet for themselves, but they're expecting to be analyzed on silly stuff like research papers, short vulgar sentences, or their replies to threads on Type C.
    Well, I have to use texts like my livejournal entries and forum posts because my mothertongue is not English, so when I write creatively, I don't usually write in English. Although... I don't write creatively very often anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    That's a great idea. Would you write those questions for us?
    Maybe if we just all wrote out our answers to the questions (or whichever ones people felt like doing) from the Video Challenge! Not sure of your type? Let us help type you! thread...?

1-what makes you angry?
    2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
    3-do you like animals? why?
    4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
    5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
    6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
    7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
    8-what activities do you enjoy?
    9-what makes you feel secure?
    10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
    11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
    12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
    13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

well... answering the "do you like animals?" question gave me an ISFJ type... probably the fact that I picked that question doomed me to that answer... my ISFJ mother has stated many times that she prefers the other members of the animal kingdom to humanity
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    The second passage is actually Fi as fuck. The first is definite Ne Fi though, so the test is, indeed, shit.
    How is it Fi? I've never heard NFP's complaining about people being empathic! I've heard them claiming to be empathic, complaining about people not being empathic, and bewailing a lack of "truly empathic" relationships in their lives, but I've never heard anything like that from any NFP I've ever known!

The first passage is talking about a BDSM prostitute mind you, which doesn't seem the kind of thing an Ne Fi person would condone, let alone be involved with But it's not analysing the subject matter is it? - Just the style. I wanna see more about how it claims to be doing this.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    well... answering the "do you like animals?" question gave me an ISFJ type... probably the fact that I picked that question doomed me to that answer... my ISFJ mother has stated many times that she prefers the other members of the animal kingdom to humanity
    Yeah I'm not sure if those questions work so well for this...

I rattled off quick answers to all of them and it came out as ISFJ too. THose questions might not be very type-neutral (i.e. they might lead to a bias toward ISFJ, but maybe not). I think they worked in the video version because you'd have the whole context... pauses, facial expressions, gestures, etc. etc. but in this you only have the words.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

How is it Fi? I've never heard NFP's complaining about people being empathic!
    *raises hand*

The passage was extremely Fi because it was completely values-based. it was based on what you feel empathic people do to you (namely, completely mindrape you), rather than on the reasons you're right and empathic people are stupid for disregarding your pragmatic approach because they think it's just wrong (what a Ti or Te-using person would actually say). I agree it's kind of a pot meets kettle moment, but that was nevertheless a feeling statement through and through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole