User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I'm sure this has been answered already, but I don't have time to read this whole thread: does anyone know how this test was constructed, and who constructed it?

I put in an email I wrote back in college, and came out as INTJ.

Pretty interesting...

1. Introversion (98.5 %)
    2. Extraversion (1.5 %)

1. iNtuition (88.7 %)
    2. Sensing (11.3 %)

1. Thinking (98.6 %)
    2. Feeling (1.4 %)

1. Judging (62.4 %)
    2. Perceiving (37.6 %)

Obviously, the results would change based on what kind of mood, intent, topic, etc. was the basis of your writing, but that's why I picked a piece that seems representative of who I really am, at least based on how I see myself.

Fascinating...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I just tried one of my more long-winded posts here and got:

97.3% I
    93.7% N
    96.2% T
    70.6% J

All overwhelmingly in line with how I've typed myself except for J/P. I'd also be interested to know how this works (did I already say that in my post way back on this thread?) and particularly the J/P. That Typealyzer blog thing had also typed another "wall of text" from me as INTJ.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Yeah, the J/P thing has me too... I can understand the other ones a bit more -- T/F most easily, N/S pretty easily too, I/E I am a bit curious about, but can imagine how it does it -- but J/P... not sure quite how it would do it...

The oddest thing of all being that the J/P difference makes all the relevant functions flip, so it's a pretty important distinction...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't really have any chunks of text anywhere... :/
    Such an ENFP

MBTI
    NiTi
    Socionics
    EII

I checked two things I wrote recently:

The first was recalling a month long trip I had to Russia that I wrote as a means for everyone to see including the people I went on the trip with: ESFJ

The second was an e-mail to my friend talking about the deeper meaning of the trip with regards to the information I had gained about the people as well as the potential benefits and problems I saw with them and society: INFJ

I wrote letters to people a month ago and to my friend who is an INTJ: My letter to him was INTJ, to one who is an INFP: my letter is INFP.

I wonder if our knowledge of the types, functions, and temperaments skew our own styles based on our audiences and what we perceive to be important as well as who we are tailoring our writings to.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Based on one of my previous posts

N: 54.3%
    S: 45.7%

T 88.6%
    F 11.4%

I 81.3%
    E 18.7%

P 51.9%
    J 48.1%

Latest entry in my blog:

N: 59.9%
    S: 40.1%

T: 99.9%!!!!! (It's a professional blog. I keep personal bias out of it)
    F: 0.1%

I: 92.0%
    E: 8.0%

J: 67.9%
    P: 32.1%
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

My freelance fashion journalism is on average ESFJ (very high F and J). Makes sense. Fashion concentrates largely on the past (Si) and is very much a social expression (Fe).

My blog is on average INTP for my philosophical postings and INFP for my more personal entries. My writing is always extremely introverted here and is either very high F or very high T, although I am typically balanced with P/J.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

My results:

1. iNtuition (72.0 %)
    2. Sensing (28.0 %)

1. Feeling (98.3 %)
    2. Thinking (1.7 %)

1. Introversion (81.6 %)
    2. Extraversion (18.4 %)

1. Perceiving (61.5 %)
    2. Judging (38.5 %)

So yep. INFP all the way. Very cool.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ???

This was entertaining, and I do not know much about the analysis, but I hope this is not meant to be scientifically based! All results will correspond with subject matter and the grammatical perspective from which you are writing.

1. Introversion (99.4 %)
    2. Extraversion (0.6 %)

1. iNtuition (99.3 %)
    2. Sensing (0.7 %)

1. Thinking (99.1 %)
    2. Feeling (0.9 %)

1. Judging (58.6 %)
    2. Perceiving (41.4 %)
    "Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I received INTJ as my initial result:

1. Introversion (99.6 %)
    2. Extraversion (0.4 %)

1. iNtuition (97.1 %)
    2. Sensing (2.9 %)

1. Thinking (99.6 %)
    2. Feeling (0.4 %)

1. Judging (65.2 %)
    2. Perceiving (34.8 %)

I had used this text written on the spot:
    A rather uninteresting program used to attempt to analyse my particular writings. I find it awfully disturbing and bizarre. Perhaps one day there will be a particular program sophisticated to levels of higher artificial intelligence that allows for such things to be more accurately measured.
    Although it had, in it's structural manner, typed me correctly I will not open my arms for it as a way to even hint at a particular MBTI type one may have.

I must strongly agree with SolitaryWalker's take on things, which unfortunately was ignored throughout the entire thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Just an interesting observation, when you enter 'complete non-sense' into the sensing/intuiting engine, you get 50% sensing, and 50% intuitive. Yet, when you enter 'absolute non-sense', suddenly your intuitive score jumps to 100%! Similarly, when I enter 'stupendous genius', it is 50/50, yet 'very smart person' receives a 100% S score!

For the Thinking/Feeling, I entered 'person A is dexterous and received over 80% for thinking, yet when I re-entered the same sentence with one small addition, I feel that person A is dexterous, my Feeling score elevated to well over 80.

This leads me to suspect that the test is based on superficial, Keirseyan or folk typological descriptions of personality types. In other words, if you use the word 'feel' or 'I' a great deal, you will be labelled as a feeling type writer. If you use difficult and non-vernacular words you will be labelled a sensing type. I hate to ruin the excitement for you again, yet I am afraid that this test, just like the majority of MBTI assessments tell us nothing insightful about our personalities or the way we write. Any person could virtually score as any type, as we implement different word choices when working on various written assignments. As Jaguar observed, his result would probably have been something other than INTJ if he submitted a written piece on a different topic and indeed, many of our other posters received one code in response to one of their articles yet a completely different one for writing that dealt with a wholly different subject-matter.

A writing test of true typological insight would somehow reflect our deepest unconscious dispositions that manifest in our writing regardless of what words we use or even what topics we discuss. I would guess that such a test would not accept one-liners, it would need to focus on many long passages of our writing and look at the underlying structure of our rhetorical style and the subtle meanings of our writing. This would probably require software that is by far more sophisticated than the kind that we currently have.