• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Typologers Should Follow the Law

G

Ginkgo

Every man is an island in a sea of disconnects. Every man is his own nation state with his own laws.

There is an interdependent relationship between the law upheld and the people to uphold it. These things play with each other and form how a social structure is perceived. However, the social body does not always reflect how the law is written, as many of us jay walk time to time, shoplift, steal, and deviate. Sometimes when too many people deviate, the law is changed to accommodate for the strain of people who would otherwise circumvent it. Then, we see the same cycle repeat itself.

Now, imagine if every nation state were to intrude upon the others as if they were its own. If every nation state were to attempt to compound their law with the other; though this could never suffice because the two social bodies are fundamentally different, and sometimes even opposed.

This is what I see happen every day on this forum, but in the realm of conscious law. The Jungian functions represent an equilibrium of how a person should act under certain constraints, but of course, these functions manifest in different ways, and therefore do not reflect the supposed law that they are written to follow. This creates a breach in understanding when categorizing people, but not all hope is lost.

I think that we should present as much information to the table as possible about typology without trying to "type" people in an active sense. "Typing" often just creates confusion. Just let your information slide into the sea, and if it resonates with another island, then let them recognize it as their law. Tell them what the functions are, not what functions they are. Why tell someone what their functions are when you're constrained by your own? Even if you fight it, it will still dominate you.

*Today I was flashed by a police camera while speeding LOL*

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
as I'm too lazy to retype this again, here's a thread on definitions of Se/Ne/Si/Ni for ya :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
better than getting pulled over in a random traffic stop and finding out that the stereo you bought from a "friend" was reported stolen by someone else :dry:

and where do we get t-shirts? :huh:

Little_Sticks

*Today I was flashed by a police camera while speeding LOL*

Did you get a ticket?

better than getting pulled over in a random traffic stop and finding out that the stereo you bought from a "friend" was reported stolen by someone else :dry:

huuunnnnhhh...hahaha. That's...so...perfect. <tears of laughter in my eyes>

So essentially you are saying typing should be left to the individual to mold with their own experience and knowledge for themselves and others, but it should not project what it sees another person as (type), but merely covertly suggest and mold the thought of type depending on what new information is learned about another person?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
on a serious note though, I do think that actually understanding the building blocks of types is important to understanding other people as opposed to just judging them and stereotyping them :)

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
That should be printed on a T-shirt or a coffee mug.

61705867v2_480x480_Front.jpg

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
on a serious note though, I do think that actually understanding the building blocks of types is important to understanding other people as opposed to just judging them and stereotyping them :)

Agreed.

Now seriously, the text in the ISTJ mug reflects what the OP says about some Typology users´ prejudices nicely.