User Tag List

Ginkgo

Lightbulb Why Typologers Should Follow the Law

Every man is an island in a sea of disconnects. Every man is his own nation state with his own laws.

There is an interdependent relationship between the law upheld and the people to uphold it. These things play with each other and form how a social structure is perceived. However, the social body does not always reflect how the law is written, as many of us jay walk time to time, shoplift, steal, and deviate. Sometimes when too many people deviate, the law is changed to accommodate for the strain of people who would otherwise circumvent it. Then, we see the same cycle repeat itself.

Now, imagine if every nation state were to intrude upon the others as if they were its own. If every nation state were to attempt to compound their law with the other; though this could never suffice because the two social bodies are fundamentally different, and sometimes even opposed.

This is what I see happen every day on this forum, but in the realm of conscious law. The Jungian functions represent an equilibrium of how a person should act under certain constraints, but of course, these functions manifest in different ways, and therefore do not reflect the supposed law that they are written to follow. This creates a breach in understanding when categorizing people, but not all hope is lost.

I think that we should present as much information to the table as possible about typology without trying to "type" people in an active sense. "Typing" often just creates confusion. Just let your information slide into the sea, and if it resonates with another island, then let them recognize it as their law. Tell them what the functions are, not what functions they are. Why tell someone what their functions are when you're constrained by your own? Even if you fight it, it will still dominate you.

*Today I was flashed by a police camera while speeding LOL*

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

as I'm too lazy to retype this again, here's a thread on definitions of Se/Ne/Si/Ni for ya
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Why tell someone what their functions are when you're constrained by your own?
    That should be printed on a T-shirt or a coffee mug.

Today I was flashed by a police camera while speeding LOL
    Uh, yeeeeaaah. I got zapped by photo radar my first day in Scottsdale.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

better than getting pulled over in a random traffic stop and finding out that the stereo you bought from a "friend" was reported stolen by someone else

and where do we get t-shirts?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post

*Today I was flashed by a police camera while speeding LOL*
    Did you get a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    better than getting pulled over in a random traffic stop and finding out that the stereo you bought from a "friend" was reported stolen by someone else
    huuunnnnhhh...hahaha. That's...so...perfect. <tears of laughter in my eyes>

So essentially you are saying typing should be left to the individual to mold with their own experience and knowledge for themselves and others, but it should not project what it sees another person as (type), but merely covertly suggest and mold the thought of type depending on what new information is learned about another person?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

on a serious note though, I do think that actually understanding the building blocks of types is important to understanding other people as opposed to just judging them and stereotyping them

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That should be printed on a T-shirt or a coffee mug.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    on a serious note though, I do think that actually understanding the building blocks of types is important to understanding other people as opposed to just judging them and stereotyping them
    Agreed.

Now seriously, the text in the ISTJ mug reflects what the OP says about some Typology users´ prejudices nicely.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric