User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default ENFP with an introverted side as a child

The more ive been reading around this site the more ive noticed that im not the only ENFP who was very introverted as a child. I'm trying to figure this out. My theories for myself, (which im not feeling to decided on) are mabye that i lacked the confidence to join the larger groups? I also wonder if my need for authenticity scared me away from kids that age who in general are too confused on the inside to show anything real on the outside?

Just theories.

Im wondering if you guys have any ideas on this

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my mother says that i was shy when i was really young...like from about 5 to maybe 9 or so. i think i grew out of it once i realized most people were really nice and seemed to like me. i think before then i felt too weird or different...out of touch with reality. i was very lost in daydream land...but i decided it didn't matter even if they did think i was weird because who says you have to be like everyone else anyway...plus i really liked other weird people too.

that sounds like i was some odd lil outcast in school haha i actually wasn't at all.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

yeah childhood doesn't matter probably. i used to pull fire alarms and pinch girls on the butt as a way to say "Hi!" now i call myself "introverted".

MBTI
    INTJ

As an NP you were probably more likely to spend time thinking these things over in your head and thinking of what possibly could happen. I don't think that is an exclusive INTP trait. Maybe you didn't get a good start in childhood and that could have caused it.

MBTI
    ENFP

I definetely spent alot of time thinking about what would come of it, and i think i also have done a lot of retreospective thinking on it. It might have been that i didn't get a good start in childhood though i can't think what could have been.

And "i think before then i felt too weird or different...out of touch with reality. i was very lost in daydream land..." makes a lot of sense to me. I was always in la-la land. Which might help explain it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Yeah. I was.

Perhaps ENFPs want to be authentic in everything--which often means obnoxiously blurting out every thought that drifts across their mind.
    And maybe this is coupled with their self-consciousness (introspection--is this an NP thing?).
    If they find they're not being taken too well for being themselves, they get withdrawn--which, in their minds, is better than adopting social conventions and forfeiting their "authenticity" (Emectar?). And maybe their complete tactlessness plays in as well. Thoughts?

I was pretty extroverted until middle school after I got the impression people hated me for being totally obnoxious and injecting my opinion into every conversation. And I was tactless. And unhygienic.

An ENFP thing?

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I used to be very extraverted as a child, except when I was around my family, because my cousins were always cruel to me. Now I've been pretty introverted for a few years because I kind of wasn't allowed to show the real me. I've tested INFP and even INFJ for a long time, especially when my life was at it's hardest. Sometimes I still let my extraverted side out and I also feel extraverted. Put me in a room full of strangers and I won't stop talking. I love big crouds, I love attention and even though I'm supposed to be the silent kid I really like talking and once I begin, I won't stop.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

figsfiggyfigs

I was definitely an INFJ when I was a child

during my later years ( junior high, high school, even 1st year college), I was ENFJ/p....

Now I'm xNTJ. O_O

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    I've tested INFP and even INFJ for a long time, especially when my life was at it's hardest.
    Yeah. I get that. I thought I was an INFP for the longest time in middle school.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt.Is.God View Post
    Yeah. I was.

Perhaps ENFPs want to be authentic in everything--which often means obnoxiously blurting out every thought that drifts across their mind.
    And maybe this is coupled with their self-consciousness (introspection--is this an NP thing?).
    If they find they're not being taken too well for being themselves, they get withdrawn--which, in their minds, is better than adopting social conventions and forfeiting their "authenticity" (Emectar?). And maybe their complete tactlessness plays in as well. Thoughts?

I was pretty extroverted until middle school after I got the impression people hated me for being totally obnoxious and injecting my opinion into every conversation. And I was tactless. And unhygienic.

An ENFP thing?
    i think so...it was very important to me even as a child to do what i thought was right. i couldn't stand when other kids weren't nice to someone...or made fun of someone...i think even then i took it upon myself to stand up for and befriend those kids...i would disregard someones opinion and say nope i think they're cool...or funny or sweet or whatever and go talk to them. i couldn't stand people to be labeled as nerds or dorks or weirdos...i thought those people just didn't bother to really look...i was definitely that person that rejected any sort of social expectations from a pretty early age.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison