• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This site creates prejudices.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why would it have the opposite effect?

When does labeling ever serve to abolish prejudice?

I like to try to use it to understand people better... Good point though. The labeling system itself doesn't help with that.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Or you could spend a month hating that ENTJ, only to discover that YOU are the ENTJ that you disliked. You didn't even need this website to discover that. You are really mad because you realized that you could have been staring into the mirror and hollering at the annoying ENTJ all this time. To think of all of that vent time that you've wasted...
:doh::steam::devil::cry:

There are so many mistyped people here, you can spend a month hating on an ENTJ, only to find out they are a wacked out ISFJ.

If anything, this site teaches you to hate individuals, not their alleged type.

Last edited:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
beware of the bastard with a small penis and/or a lot to compensate for... they will find any way to make themselves feel better at your expense :yes:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was already prejudiced by real life interactions. MBTI merely revealed a system to explain the clash.

I will say that it also helped me appreciate their strengths, even if I still disliked them.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I like to try to use it to understand people better...

Yo I'm really happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but the observable truth is that it's a grossly-abused system by virtue of the fact that the survival skills common to animals such as ourselves make us inclined to partiality.

Little_Sticks

This is why I always come to the conclusion that none of this makes any sense, but still come back to it constantly because I always want to know who, what, and where I am according to the people around me. That's the draw, because I'll never really know and when I see a new idea or perspective about it I am always intrigued.

Oh, go to INTPc and make a couple posts a day and see if you change your mind on the type that you think is most prejudice :p.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This site is making me prejudiced against myself sometimes!
Before I was this nice, friendly, happy, sweet young lady.

And now I'm a walking, living example of an annoying ESFP stereotype. :doh:

(checks user CP nervously..)

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Well, actually, I'll tell you what inspired this thread. And it's actually not meant to blame N's for an S prejudice. It's to make light of my own prejudices. I won't name the exact type prejudice, since I don't want an uproaring. (Many of you may know what it is, anyways.) We'll call them xxxx for now Many xxxx's on this site are annoying. Point blank. They suck. (Not all of them, but a high percentage of them. Just to clarify, I can make a list of awesome xxxx's from this site as well.) In real life, I don't really notice that much. I just realized that this site led me to believe that half of this type must be horrible. Therefore, this site actually created a prejudice in this case.

I understand. Sometimes" we" need to hold up the mirror to let everyone see what" we're" seeing, (I like what you did with that) this was a great thread idea and I hope it can continue in a constructive manner. I also have a sense of what type you're speaking of despite my being a relatively new and unfamiliar member.

For the record, I believe that behavior is just an indicator of what's really going on benieth the surface so it helps to be "curious, not furious" when we feel confused or "bugged" by others. So yea, as far as the Types go, it just gives me more to ponder, verify and reflect on. Thanks for explaining.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
beware of the bastard with a small penis and/or a lot to compensate for... they will find any way to make themselves feel better at your expense :yes:

I hear about all this insecurity about having a small penis. But I never hear much about veiny penises. What if people are fine with the size of their penises but it's just the veins that makes their dick resemble exposed electrical wire that really upsets them? did you ever consider that?? :redherring:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i went to lunch the other day with four ladies i've known since our children went to preschool together. while i watched them chatter on, i couldn't help but analyze their "types". one for sure is an ESFJ and a dear friend. she is there for you whenever, where ever and has everything a person could need in her purse! the other is likely an ISFP and very nice and easy to get a long with. the assumed ESFP is very loud (no one can talk over her) and makes me uncomfortable, and lastly the ENFP is my gym partner and very cool to hang out with. as they continued to chat, i wondered where i fit into all the different personalities and tbh i have no idea, but what i do know is that i judge a person by how they treat me (and their overall vibe) and not what type they are and anyone who judges a person by something that's just an indicator is a dysfunctional moron.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hear about all this insecurity about having a small penis. But I never hear much about veiny penises. What if people are fine with the size of their penises but it's just the veins that makes their dick resemble exposed electrical wire that really upsets them? did you ever consider that?? :redherring:

Oh man, the ones with the veiny penises are exactly who I'm talking about. You're on to me, man.

Jaguar

I knew you'd bring dick into this. Has he logged in, yet?

P

Phantonym

I don't think everyone is prejudiced by default. From what I've observed toddlers don't really exhibit that kind of behavior. As they get older some (not all) become more and more prejudiced depending on their environment.

I don't think toddlers visit this site either, so I didn't really have them in mind. :laugh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I knew you'd bring dick into this. Has he logged in, yet?

dick is in EVERY thread where prejudices are discussed... there are many dicks, just look around :ninja:

and yes, another category of penile insecurity mentioned... now that helps with understanding the number of disagreeable people around! :holy:

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think toddlers visit this site either, so I didn't really have them in mind. :laugh:

True, but my overall point is not everyone is prone to prejudice even amongst those that visit this site. In my opinion it's more of a personal preference. Some people choose to be prejudice and others do not. As I see it, it's really that simple.

G

Glycerine

When many people from one type come together, it can exaggerate the type's annoying points.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've noticed an ISFJ prejudice in you young man. I've seen you say, "everyone here is an ISFJ" as if it was the biggest insult in the world.

You sound ISFJ