• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does percentage change how much you use the functions?

lazyhappy

does my being 68% T and 95% P mean that my Ti function is less "enhanced" then one who is 80% T and 100% P? does that mean my last function, Fe, is more strengthened?

i don't quite know the logic behind the functions- for i didn't quite have the motivation to look it up yet but... what is your intake?

and If someone has a percentage like 50-something percent, what are thier functions?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I think you're better off looking at the values for individual functions over percentages for the overall type. Lower percentages does to a point mean you're less "T"...than somebody with 100% T, but the extent of the difference can't be readily identify without looking at it more in depth.

50/50...that would be somebody like me. Well some people say a person must be one type or another... others believe a person can sit on the cusp. *shrugs* I have yet to figure out which group is correct... chances are the latter.

lazyhappy

I think you're better off looking at the values for individual functions over percentages for the overall type. Lower percentages does to a point mean you're less "T"...than somebody with 100% T, but the extent of the difference can't be readily identify without looking at it more in depth.

50/50...that would be somebody like me. Well some people say a person must be one type or another... others believe a person can sit on the cusp. *shrugs* I have yet to figure out which group is correct... chances are the latter.

thanks for your intake, it makes alot of sense :D

lol that is kind of what my infj friend is going threw- except shes 95-78?-53-53- but i think that just means she's well-rounded in those areas.

redacted

does my being 68% T and 95% P mean that my Ti function is less "enhanced" then one who is 80% T and 100% P? does that mean my last function, Fe, is more strengthened?

i don't quite know the logic behind the functions- for i didn't quite have the motivation to look it up yet but... what is your intake?

and If someone has a percentage like 50-something percent, what are thier functions?

your logic is fine. but don't put too much stock in the percentages you get from tests. the only way you'll truly figure out your personal function dynamics is through introspection and study.

i guess if you were like 70% T and 100% P, you'd use Ti 70% of the time for judgment and Fi 30% of the time.

it's harder to say if you were, for example, 70% T and 50% P. all that would mean is you use (Ti or Te) 70% of the time for judging and (Fi or Fe) 30% of the time, and that you use extroverted judging the same amount as introverted judging. but there are many ways that could work out -- examples:
50% Ti, 20% Te, 30% Fe
20% Ti, 50% Te, 30% Fi
and many other combos.

so yeah, i wouldn't think too much about how to deduce functions from percentages. it's an impossible task.

red13

MBTI Type
INTJ

I’m presuming that these percentages are from a test.

the only way you'll truly figure out your personal function dynamics is through introspection and study.

I couldn’t agree more; a test is just a starting point. Although it gives a “tested type” you will get much closer to your “real type” by studying the behaviours associated with each if the dichotomies. For example, to my mind, a person is either S or N but you may be struggling to decide, in which case it’s currently unknown and therefore needs more introspection and study!

It’s important to remember that most people use both, but that MBTI theory says that one of them is your preference.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
No, % numbers are considered confidence levels in the results, not strength measurements. Step III (the next MBTI test) is in development to determine functional strength.

(However, most tests not associated with cognitive reasoning do measure it as strength... so you'll see two different opinions on this.)

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Theoretically, yes (After all, you'd think that a person with 89% T, or whatever, would use that more than someone with 23% T). In practice, perhaps this isn't the case. I mean, the frequency of which a person may use each function is a very subjective thing. For instance, they may think they use the function frequently, whereas another person may think otherwise. In that regard, a percentage a person gets may not change how much they actually use that function, even if they do the MBTI an umpteen number of times and get varying percentage margins for a certain function (i.e: 96% for T to 58% for T and so forth).

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

As far as I know, it actually measures how much you prefer that particular function... so the less "T" you are, the closer you are to being an INFP. I don't know if this means you have a stronger Fi, though. But I think with those tests, it's just the sureness of the test, and the result is dichotomous. Of course, individuals are more complex than that.

My numbers were something like...

I - 84
N - 74
F - 54
J - 84

On one test... the numbers don't mean the same thing on all of them, though.