User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 55

  1. #41
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Just because I tend to either stick my head out the window while driving or turn the music up loud enough that the rear view mirrors vibrate and then yell along....

    I've also been known to read while driving, fish around for things on the floor and change clothes... this might explain a lot
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #42
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Si doesn't inherently pay attention to rules on principle. Si is based on relating new information to sensory data that's been absorbed from previous experience. It likes predictability.

    This makes rules a convenient way to know what to expect, but it's a common misconception that SJs follow rules because they're some kind of mindless traditionalism zombies.

    If SJs follow traffic rules, it's because they've followed traffic rules in the past and so that's the best way to achieve the predictable result they've internalized from previous experience.

    In my experience, more SJs than you'd think are rather aggressive/reckless drivers because they get upset when traffic/other drivers throw off their schedules. "I need to get where I'm going to do what I've planned, dammit!"

    SPs are sometimes reckless drivers for different reasons--they like the physical thrill of moving fast and taking risks.


  3. #43
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Just because I tend to either stick my head out the window while driving or turn the music up loud enough that the rear view mirrors vibrate and then yell along....

    I've also been known to read while driving, fish around for things on the floor and change clothes... this might explain a lot
    lol this might be a common E__P thing. It's because driving is so goddamned boring and we need more stimulation, so we look for other things to do.


    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    [pic]
    I'm trying to help you. The fact that you don't like me doesn't invalidate the accuracy of what I'm saying. (Inferior Fi, anybody?)

    This is what I'm talking about. I know this topic well, I give you good information and you never respond intelligibly. Just more condescending one-word crap...quit being a stuck up **** and you might learn something, hm?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #44
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

    I'm trying to help you. The fact that you don't like me doesn't invalidate the accuracy of what I'm saying. (Inferior Fi, anybody?)

    This is what I'm talking about. I know this topic well, I give you good information and you never respond intelligibly. Just more condescending one-word crap...quit being a stuck up **** and you might learn something, hm?
    1. You completely misunderstood my post.
    2. You rambled on and on about irrelevant bullshit, building a backstory that wasn't there.
    3. I facepalmed.

    From now on I will write in lists to aid you with information processing. You're demonstrating a bit of difficulty in that department.

    Si doesn't inherently pay attention to rules on principle. Si is based on relating new information to sensory data that's been absorbed from previous experience. It likes predictability.

    This makes rules a convenient way to know what to expect, but it's a common misconception that SJs follow rules because they're some kind of mindless traditionalism zombies.
    1. My post made absolutely no mention of the motivations that SJs have for following the rules. You inferred this yourself from your own personal biases. The ACTUAL content of my post stated that SJs would make driving decisions based on what they know or have learned, rather than what they pick up through their senses in the moment as they are driving. It was also a joke post to begin with.

    You ACTUALLY proceeded to correct YOUR OWN assumption, and then to blame it on me. I hope you can do better than that at your age.

    In my experience, more SJs than you'd think are rather aggressive/reckless drivers because they get upset when traffic/other drivers throw off their schedules. "I need to get where I'm going to do what I've planned, dammit!"
    2. In YOUR experience, more SJs than I'D think? Do you even re-read before posting your replies? Please read that again!

    You have absolutely no idea what my opinion on SJ driving is or what my experience with SJ driving is. Why are you attempting to once again correct your own assumptions to me? Please just dont reply to my posts at all, I'm really not interested in hearing you have a conversation with yourself that is for some unimaginable reason - directed at me??

  5. #45
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    1. You completely misunderstood my post.
    2. You rambled on and on about irrelevant bullshit, building a backstory that wasn't there.
    3. I facepalmed.

    From now on I will write in lists to aid you with information processing. You're demonstrating a bit of difficulty in that department.



    1. My post made absolutely no mention of the motivations that SJs have for following the rules. You inferred this yourself from your own personal biases. The ACTUAL content of my post stated that SJs would make driving decisions based on what they know or have learned, rather than what they pick up through their senses in the moment as they are driving. It was also a joke post to begin with.
    No, you did not say SJs would base their decisions on what they know or have learned, you said they'd base their decisions on driving rules. That implies objective standards outside the SJ's subjective experience.

    Secondly, it's impossible to drive without paying attention to what you're picking up through your senses while driving. This doesn't constitute Se use or any function; it's just paying attention to what's going on around you. "Using" any function implies adhering to an entire set of perspectives, not just looking around or performing some other singular action.

    Your use of the words "rather than immediate cues from your surroundings" implies that SJs are somehow not paying attention to their surroundings while driving, and that Se use is required to do so, both of which are inaccurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    You ACTUALLY proceeded to correct YOUR OWN assumption, and then to blame it on me. I hope you can do better than that at your age.
    Pay more attention the implications of your word choices.


    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    2. In YOUR experience, more SJs than I'D think? Do you even re-read before posting your replies? Please read that again!

    You have absolutely no idea what my opinion on SJ driving is or what my experience with SJ driving is. Why are you attempting to once again correct your own assumptions to me? Please just dont reply to my posts at all, I'm really not interested in hearing you have a conversation with yourself that is for some unimaginable reason - directed at me??
    It's called The Generic You. As in, "You should pay attention when you're driving."

    It doesn't have anything to do with you personally. You (and this time I do mean you) made the assumption that I was referring to your personal experiences and then exploded based on this erroneous assumption.

    I'll respond to whatever posts I feel like responding to. If you're going to willfully (I hope it's willfully, anyway, because I don't think you're that stupid) misinterpret everything I write as a manifestation of your dislike for me, you should probably just add me to your ignore list instead of grossly missing the point and facepalming every other post because you didn't bother to consider the implications of your own words.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #46
    One day and the next Rainne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Curse those people who drive slower when it's raining!

  7. #47
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    you said they'd base their decisions on driving rules. That implies objective standards outside the SJ's subjective experience.
    This implies nothing, nice try. If you misinterpreted it in that way then that says more about your misconceptions of SJs then it does about me. Again.. quit blaming your assumptions on me.

    Secondly, it's impossible to drive without paying attention to what you're picking up through your senses while driving. This doesn't constitute Se use or any function; it's just paying attention to what's going on around you. "Using" any function implies adhering to an entire set of perspectives, not just looking around or performing some other singular action.
    I said "make decisions", nice try once again. It meant that SJs would not rely on gut instincts as much as on what they would know, from whatever other source, is the best move to make in that kind of situation. Also, as i mentioned before, it was not a serious post, although it could have been.

    you should probably just add me to your ignore list
    Done. Thanks.

  8. #48
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    This implies nothing, nice try. If you misinterpreted it in that way then that says more about your misconceptions of SJs then it does about me. Again.. quit blaming your assumptions on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dictionary.com
    rule
       /rul/ Show Spelled [rool] Show IPA ,noun, verb,ruled, rul·ing.
    –noun
    1.
    a principle or regulation governing conduct, action, procedure, arrangement, etc.: the rules of chess.
    Rules are, by definition, objective because they apply across the board to everyone. The phrasing "paying attention to driving rules" clearly implies observance of objective driving standards (which are based much more on Te than Si.) Your point would have been much better if you'd said "TJs" or "STJs" rather than "SJs", as Si is the function that unites the SJ group (not Te.)



    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    I said "make decisions", nice try once again. It meant that SJs would not rely on gut instincts as much as on what they would know, from whatever other source, is the best move to make in that kind of situation. Also, as i mentioned before, it was not a serious post, although it could have been.
    Perhaps you should try using terms that describe your ideas accurately in the future.


    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Done. Thanks.
    I hope this means I won't be getting any more idiotic facepalms in threads where you've used the wrong words for your ideas and gotten pissy that you've been called out on it.

    P.S.,

    Why bother editing in the bold font on "Done"?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #49
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Just more condescending one-word crap...quit being a stuck up **** and you might learn something, hm?
    Oh, the irony.

    Tell me I didn't just read you accuse JJ of being condescending.
    You are the only person in this entire forum who has repeatedly been yelled at by forum members for your relentless condescension.
    I think a mod even brought it up to you, that's how insidious it is.

  10. #50
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Oh, the irony.

    Tell me I didn't just read you accuse JJ of being condescending.
    You are the only person in this entire forum who has repeatedly been yelled at by forum members for your relentless condescension.
    I think a mod even brought it up to you, that's how insidious it is.
    Oh, the irony.

    This coming from the guy who's been graveyarded for trolling.

    Shall we conduct a poll to see if people find you condescending too?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. If God doesn't exist then how was everything/the earth created?
    By theflame in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 06-08-2017, 06:29 PM
  2. Cannot tell if my boyfriend is an ENTJ or ESTJ.
    By Valkyrian in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 05:45 PM
  3. If my inferior is Te, how can I put my clothes on?
    By Jeffster in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 04:38 PM
  4. [NF] if pain&misunderstanding is unavoidable,then how to accept it?
    By niki in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
  5. guess, if my sis is an INFJ or ISFJ?
    By Cality in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 08:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO