User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 17

  1. #1
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default Thinking and Feeling question...

    Alright , I got a question as previewed by the title. I thought I was lean more towards thinking, but the more I think (har har) about it, the more I realized that most of my decision are prompted by values that I live by. Basically, values that I thought was awesome and I still think are awesome when I was a child. These values are quotes that I heard that inspired me and have kept throughout my life. Basically...

    "Give a man a fish and he eats...."
    "Don't do things to others that you don't want..."

    are two examples. Clique I know, but these values pretty much defines me as a person. When I have to make a decision that doesn't have a clear right and wrong I go back to these values. Of course, people think I'm selfish when I rather give someone the knowledge to do something then to do it for them. I love teaching, specially regarding perception and philosophy about life (and learning too!!). Of course, I'm pretty relaxed about other people because I know people have different preorogative.

    I can think logically, but when it comes to decision involving people, my values come to play. I don't like feeding the homeless, because that doesn't solve the problem. I'm not obliage to give to charity, because I don't think it will solve anything plus I can't do anything if I can't help myself first. I guess this is why I think I'm a T because I'm not really into helping people because helping a few isn't going to help the situation. It just puts a bandage to the problem.

    When I was younger, I did give my lunch money to people in the street because I felt sooo sorry for them, specially if their old. Also, one time I spent everyday (afterschool) with my dog because I thought she was lonely because my sisters and brother wouldn't play with her anymore (they got tired of her I guess sigh, I felt really obligated to do it too lol). I also try to befriend people that has no friend...jeez.

    So do I use my T or F more often than not? Which mbti type does this!!??!! I"m good with science and math har har :workout:!!
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

  2. #2
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Most people use both logic and feeling. You're a mixture like most people.
    I would say you're leaning towards F. From your description, I guess you'll use logic when feeling can't do it. That doesn't refrain you from using it well! You say you're good at math and science - but the more important question is: do you like it? Do you enjoy solving logic problems more than eg. making small-talk to people?

    Your description of caring/charity and empathy also seems rather F-ish. You're going to help if people call on you, out of empathy.
    My husband and I are both rather extreme Ts. We don't give alms to the real beggar regardless his sad eyes. Instead, we have a fixed percentage of our income we give yearly to some charities we know do their work well. Empathy? No, just principle.

    I'd also say it's a Fe and Ti combination. Your description points towards empathy and common values (Fe); plus internal logic rather than efficiency or cost-profit reasonings.
    So I'd guess either an __FJ or an __TP type.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  3. #3
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Most people use both logic and feeling. You're a mixture like most people.
    I would say you're leaning towards F. From your description, I guess you'll use logic when feeling can't do it. That doesn't refrain you from using it well! You say you're good at math and science - but the more important question is: do you like it? Do you enjoy solving logic problems more than eg. making small-talk to people?

    Your description of caring/charity and empathy also seems rather F-ish. You're going to help if people call on you, out of empathy.
    My husband and I are both rather extreme Ts. We don't give alms to the real beggar regardless his sad eyes. Instead, we have a fixed percentage of our income we give yearly to some charities we know do their work well. Empathy? No, just principle.

    I'd also say it's a Fe and Ti combination. Your description points towards empathy and common values (Fe); plus internal logic rather than efficiency or cost-profit reasonings.
    So I'd guess either an __FJ or an __TP type.
    I'm very fascinated with math and science, so I enjoy it more than talking to people. Better yet, I love talking about it to people. However, I also love trying to find out how people work, that's why I spend so much time reading about psychology. I guess beggars won't get my money nowdays. I guess I empathized because I had a grandma who always need money back then.

    I found out the hard way when I thought I was friend with someone and they slammed me against the wall when I said something jokingly, I didn't know where he was coming from, because I was pretty shocked by the experience. This has made me cautious about using my intiution when dealing with people. Then you get hidden agenda, fakeness, lies, and all kind of crap that makes a person very unpredictable as well as the most complicated system evah!! So given a choice, I'll take my chance on quantum mechanic. So as of right now, I'm pretty passive and cautious when dealing with people until I can get a clue on what's up. Before that incident, I thought I was pretty good at reading people.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

  4. #4
    desert pelican Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    717

    Default

    You are not T. You are not F. You are not both. You are not neither.

    Silence.

  5. #5
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    You are not T. You are not F. You are not both. You are not neither.

    Silence.
    Can I like get something constructive please. I had a pretty fucked up childhood, I'm just trying to find my center, because seriously I'm tired of feeling depressed for no reason. I don't do much reflecting until 2-3 years ago, so I'm just trying to piece things together. And I can think of more productive use of my time besides self reflecting, unfortunately I keep coming back even though I wanna do something awesome with my time instead.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

  6. #6
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    I would say, based on your writings, that you have quite strong Fi, introverted Feeling. You talk about intuition, so I wouls suggest NF of some sort.
    I would say Fi is strong empathy but not necessarily shown like Fe.

  7. #7
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I would say, based on your writings, that you have quite strong Fi, introverted Feeling. You talk about intuition, so I wouls suggest NF of some sort.
    I would say Fi is strong empathy but not necessarily shown like Fe.
    Thank you . Yes I do have a strong Ne, I just don't trust it as much as I like to. It's mostly only used for being silly.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

  8. #8
    desert pelican Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    Can I like get something constructive please. I had a pretty fucked up childhood, I'm just trying to find my center, because seriously I'm tired of feeling depressed for no reason. I don't do much reflecting until 2-3 years ago, so I'm just trying to piece things together. And I can think of more productive use of my time besides self reflecting, unfortunately I keep coming back even though I wanna do something awesome with my time instead.
    I'm sorry to hear that your childhood was fucked up.

    If you're trying to find your center, then, in my opinion, MBTI is not a good place to start your search. I'd suggest you start by reading Socrates/Plato. Start with the trial and death of Socrates and the Republic.

    The Gospel of John is good too.

  9. #9
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that your childhood was fucked up.

    If you're trying to find your center, then, in my opinion, MBTI is not a good place to start your search. I'd suggest you start by reading Socrates/Plato. Start with the trial and death of Socrates and the Republic.

    The Gospel of John is good too.
    Yah, I didn't think it did damage because I was pretty stubborn, but I'm guessing my sub-concious took it personality.

    I'll take your advice on Socrates/Plato, maybe there's book in my library. I actually saw a documentary about "The Greek" and it covers a little bit about Socrates, I damn near cried when they talked about his trial and execution.

    I'm not a religious person, so I think I'll pass on "The Gospel of John."
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

  10. #10
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,526

    Default Plus ça change

    Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    Socrates, I damn near cried when they talked about his trial and execution.
    If you like, Socrates was our first philosopher. He taught us to question our assumptions.

    If you wish to be socratic, you will question our assumptions here.

    And the assumptions here are the assumptions of MBTI.

    And MBTI being a USA cult, you will question the assumptions of the USA.

    And you will get exactly the same reaction here as the Ancient Athenians gave Socrates.

    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-10-2017, 06:53 AM
  2. ENFP Newbie says hello and feels like a dork for doing so...
    By CzeCze in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 03:53 AM
  3. [INTP] The INTP and Feelings
    By reason in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 11:02 AM
  4. Forward thinking - and how it relates to type?
    By TenebrousReflection in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 01:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO