• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Common Typing Errors.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
fhafhadffshiosdfhiosdfhiosdfhiofsdhofhiosdhiosdfhiosfiosdfhiosdf How is that for a 'common typing error'. That is just as interesting of a question as most MBTI questions.

:yim_rolling_on_the_ Nice post.

The only explanation for that error which comes to mind is alcohol. I got an e-mail like that from a drunken friend last weekend. I still can´t figure out how he turned on the pc instead of going to bed and rest as soon as he got home from that party.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Sensors don't have an imagination (nor do intuitives have a firm grip on reality ;)), but that doesn't mean they can't be artists. Lemmy is a fucking awesome ESTP songwriter.

I thought this was supposed to be a typing error, I was surprised I actually agreed. You aren't serious are you?

Imagination, also called the faculty of imagining, is the ability of forming mental images, sensations and concepts, in a moment when they are not perceived through sight, hearing or other senses.
Imagination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

•the formation of a mental image of something that is not perceived as real and is not present to the senses; "popular imagination created a world ...
•the ability to form mental images of things or events; "he could still hear her in his imagination"
define:imagination - Google Search

You really don't think sensors can do this?

sculpting

Assuming type can capture the diversity that represents the human experience.

KDude

I thought this was supposed to be a typing error, I was surprised I actually agreed. You aren't serious are you?

Imagination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

define:imagination - Google Search

You really don't think sensors can do this?

I'd like to know what basis Aleksei is judging that on. There are plenty of end products/results/art/performances/etc from sensors that reveal they were using their imagination. All he has to do is look. Besides this, it's part of being human to have an imagination.

But if he were judging them simply by conversation, then I might understand - because many do not care to talk about the same things he might.. that or they can't. I think the great majority of them might be anti-intellectuals in a way (not stupid.. just anti), or at least, have an informal delivery that makes it appear that they don't what's up sometimes. But the proof is in the pudding. Like, for example, Picasso usually categorized as an SP.. and you'd have to be an idiot to say "Guernica" didn't take any imagination. But he himself has nothing to say about it. “It isn’t up to the painter to define the symbols. Otherwise it would be better if I wrote them out in so many words!"

PicassoGuernica.jpg

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I just imagined Aleksei at the bottom of the ocean, wearing a pink tutu singing "hit me baby one more time!".

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
not to mention Bob Dylan's lyrics :)

and the creative organizing that my ESTJ friend does is astounding... I never associated creativity and organization until I saw her arrange a closet once :shock:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
not to mention Bob Dylan's lyrics :)

If we start listing creative ISFPs, we'll be here all day... :)

Logical and objective thinking equals T
An action or interest can be type dependent
Ts lack emotion (most I know have far less control over it)
Fs are emotional
Ts are better at logical games, science, anything else related.

gromit

likes this
Okay I have a question.

Is there some truth in these stereotypes? Are many of them generally true, even if they are not universally true?

If there aren't particular behaviors/preferences/characteristics associated with typology, then what exactly are we categorizing here?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay I have a question.

Is there some truth in these stereotypes? Are many of them generally true, even if they are not universally true?

If there aren't particular behaviors/preferences/characteristics associated with typology, then what exactly are we categorizing here?

I think the real point is that it's not completely black and white. These traits, behaviors, etc. may apply to the majority, but that doesn't mean all. Nor does that mean that a single type(s) have sole proprietorship on a trait. This is fairly obvious of course, but I think a lot of times people get caught up in it anyways... for example, they may completely reject a type from being an NT just because they aren't super smart nerds, or assume they -are- an NT because they are a super smart nerd even though everything else might point to some other type.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Okay I have a question.

Many sterotypes seem to grow, cancer like, on some cernal of truth. For example, it is true that Si's and Se's statistically score less in IQ tests than the intuitives on average. It's the interpretation of this where the problems come about. How useful is IQ as a measure of intelligence anyway? Especially real world smarts. When was the last time you thought "Oh no, if only I was better at solving number sequences, I'd be able to save money by making my own furniture" OR "Damn it, if only I could understand abstract logic statements better, I'd be able to talk the shop keeper into serving me, rather than shutting up and going home."

The other source of sterotyping, is trying to find a way of making yourself feel superior. You'll see a fair wack of that on the forum as well.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
NTs aren't into art or music, it's an NF thing.

Several of my NT friends are into music and art, so there goes that misconception.

I can second this. I and my 2 INTP friends are artistic.

I also have some pretty deep and complex emotions. Does that make me an F?

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
After looking at this, I'm changing my type to BLIND.
:cheese:

fhafhadffshiosdfhiosdfhiosdfhiofsdhofhiosdhiosdfhiosfiosdfhiosdf How is that for a 'common typing error'. That is just as interesting of a question as most MBTI questions.

G

garbage

Here's a handy common typing error template:

"Well, theoretically, ... ... ......

.. .. .... therefore, ... ..... ......."

Feel free to fill in the blanks to make your own typing errors!!