• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Common Typing Errors.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've heard of correlations between T with male and F with female. I'm pretty sure it's not as extreme as people seem to assume.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I've heard of correlations between T with male and F with female. I'm pretty sure it's not as extreme as people seem to assume.

Yeah, it's about 60 males Ts, 60% female Fs. Better than a coin flip, but not by a huge margin.

MBTI Type
INFJ
I guess it's just my personal error, but.....

Assuming that people who are easily hurt and hold a grudge must be an F.....

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1: Sensors mistaken for intuitives, because the typer feels that sensors aren't that bright.

2: Feelers mistaken for thinkers because the typer thinks that Feelers aren't as bright as thinkers.

3: Thinkers typed as feelers, because they allow their emotions to get the better of them.

4: IPs mistaken for IJs because they form opinions rapidly.

5: IJs mistaken for IPs because they take their time deciding what they are going to do.
1 is a common fallacy. Sensors tend not to be as bright as Intuitors, but they very much can be.

2 is just stupid. NFs may be subjective but they're just as smart as NTs, and INFs are actually smarter on average than ENTs.

3, 4, and 5 however, are defining traits of their respective types, so they don't really belong here.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All artists ,singer song writers, method actors or just about anyone famous is an N..
Sensors have no imagination.
Sensors don't have an imagination (nor do intuitives have a firm grip on reality ;)), but that doesn't mean they can't be artists. Lemmy is a fucking awesome ESTP songwriter.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Typing people based on their job or major can cause confusion, even if it does help most of the time. The "you must be an NT if you're good at math" thing is quite silly, since I was a math major, as is mcmartinez84, another female ISTP. I'm also a programmer, and I'm pretty sure a guy in my group is an ISFJ, which I bet most people wouldn't think would be the programming type. I also know an ISFP that is a great project manager, which people may think would be a EXXJ or something.

Basically rejecting or choosing a type for someone based one one or two sterotypes is pretty ridiculous.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sensors don't have an imagination (nor do intuitives have a firm grip on reality ;)), but that doesn't mean they can't be artists. Lemmy is a fucking awesome ESTP songwriter.

Oy... this is getting to be ridiculous. I know several Ss that have more creativity and imagination in their pinky finger than many Ns have in their entire being. And I know several Ns that are much more realistic and down to earth than many Ss I know, including myself. These are general guidelines, not definitions.

swift sylvan

MBTI Type
NiTi
It seems that there was an unintentional bias towards describing N's by the original designers of this test who in all likelihood were (N's...I mean who else would create a new personality theory) and I have friends who believe they are N's when they are constantly writing or talking about the smell of this, the taste of that, the style of this, etc....

Maybe (I'm sure that) I am biased, but it seems that most people want to be N's even though 2/3 of us are not. Of course that number should change here since we're on a site discussing personality theory, but it does that most people believe they are N's because we can observe our own intuition, but it is generally more difficult to discern in others.

Thus making it easier to believe we are N's and that others are S's. Speaking of which I believe I am an N and my friends I described are S's

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
People saying that all borefests are Introverts .

Most of the people who made, and make me feel bored are Extroverts (just my personal experience, I´m not making any statement). You can have fun with people of all types.

Cybin

MBTI Type
INFP
All P's have messy rooms and J's are uptight and can't get their noses out of their planner long enough to have any fun.

P stands for procrastinate!

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Speaking of which I believe I am an N and my friends I described are S's

It's a bummer, isn't it? Trying to persuade people that being an SP or an SJ is OK, while having an NP or NJ in your own type. I keep trying to convince people that not every ITJ is an INTJ while maintaining that I am an INTJ myself...

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
fhafhadffshiosdfhiosdfhiosdfhiofsdhofhiosdhiosdfhiosfiosdfhiosdf How is that for a 'common typing error'. That is just as interesting of a question as most MBTI questions.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
fhafhadffshiosdfhiosdfhiosdfhiofsdhofhiosdhiosdfhiosfiosdfhiosdf How is that for a 'common typing error'. That is just as interesting of a question as most MBTI questions.

I'd say that was pretty uncommon. I think you would need the help of a cat stomping across your key board or something similar to produce such a long typo.