L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    fhafhadffshiosdfhiosdfhiosdfhiofsdhofhiosdhiosdfhi osfiosdfhiosdf How is that for a 'common typing error'. That is just as interesting of a question as most MBTI questions.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_ Nice post.

The only explanation for that error which comes to mind is alcohol. I got an e-mail like that from a drunken friend last weekend. I still can´t figure out how he turned on the pc instead of going to bed and rest as soon as he got home from that party.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Well you're an exception, of course .
    Thanks.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Sensors don't have an imagination (nor do intuitives have a firm grip on reality ), but that doesn't mean they can't be artists. Lemmy is a fucking awesome ESTP songwriter.
    I thought this was supposed to be a typing error, I was surprised I actually agreed. You aren't serious are you?

Imagination, also called the faculty of imagining, is the ability of forming mental images, sensations and concepts, in a moment when they are not perceived through sight, hearing or other senses.
    Imagination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

•the formation of a mental image of something that is not perceived as real and is not present to the senses; "popular imagination created a world ...
    •the ability to form mental images of things or events; "he could still hear her in his imagination"
    define:imagination - Google Search

You really don't think sensors can do this?

Assuming type can capture the diversity that represents the human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I thought this was supposed to be a typing error, I was surprised I actually agreed. You aren't serious are you?

Imagination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

define:imagination - Google Search

You really don't think sensors can do this?
    I'd like to know what basis Aleksei is judging that on. There are plenty of end products/results/art/performances/etc from sensors that reveal they were using their imagination. All he has to do is look. Besides this, it's part of being human to have an imagination.

But if he were judging them simply by conversation, then I might understand - because many do not care to talk about the same things he might.. that or they can't. I think the great majority of them might be anti-intellectuals in a way (not stupid.. just anti), or at least, have an informal delivery that makes it appear that they don't what's up sometimes. But the proof is in the pudding. Like, for example, Picasso usually categorized as an SP.. and you'd have to be an idiot to say "Guernica" didn't take any imagination. But he himself has nothing to say about it. “It isn’t up to the painter to define the symbols. Otherwise it would be better if I wrote them out in so many words!"

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I just imagined Aleksei at the bottom of the ocean, wearing a pink tutu singing "hit me baby one more time!".
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

not to mention Bob Dylan's lyrics

and the creative organizing that my ESTJ friend does is astounding... I never associated creativity and organization until I saw her arrange a closet once
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    not to mention Bob Dylan's lyrics
    If we start listing creative ISFPs, we'll be here all day...

Logical and objective thinking equals T
    An action or interest can be type dependent
    Ts lack emotion (most I know have far less control over it)
    Fs are emotional
    Ts are better at logical games, science, anything else related.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Okay I have a question.

Is there some truth in these stereotypes? Are many of them generally true, even if they are not universally true?

If there aren't particular behaviors/preferences/characteristics associated with typology, then what exactly are we categorizing here?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Okay I have a question.

Is there some truth in these stereotypes? Are many of them generally true, even if they are not universally true?

If there aren't particular behaviors/preferences/characteristics associated with typology, then what exactly are we categorizing here?
    I think the real point is that it's not completely black and white. These traits, behaviors, etc. may apply to the majority, but that doesn't mean all. Nor does that mean that a single type(s) have sole proprietorship on a trait. This is fairly obvious of course, but I think a lot of times people get caught up in it anyways... for example, they may completely reject a type from being an NT just because they aren't super smart nerds, or assume they -are- an NT because they are a super smart nerd even though everything else might point to some other type.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.