User Tag List

First 456

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    That's about right: Both cases are best dealt with with the judicious application of a supply of ice-cold water, also known as "reality".

If you meet an Ni dominant, throw a bucket of cold water over the poor dears as soon as they start talking nonsense. It means their brains are overheating from too much thinking, you can do them a real service by stopping the process before they become softboiled in their own heads.

If you meet an Ne dominant, beware - they have pyrokinetic powers which they may not be able to control. Be very afraid! And make sure you keep that bucket of water handy in case they get over-excited and start up little blazes all around. DO NOT throw the water on them personally; it's needed to stop a conflagration building up around from all the small fires if they're left uncontrolled, and besides, they probably won't even notice.
    You are VERY good !!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    You are VERY good !!
    Thanks It was also supposed to be something of an allegorical exposition of function usage!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Perhaps these fellows can explain Ni:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIV4KLCmJ98"]Ni explained[/YOUTUBE]

I want a shrubbery.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

^ Every Ni type wishes their Ni had that kind of power over the minds of others...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Perhaps these fellows can explain Ni:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIV4KLCmJ98"]Ni explained[/YOUTUBE]

I want a shrubbery.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISTP

IMO Introverted intuition is the idea that you know things internally, and it manifests itself as confidence. A lot of introverted intuitives are know-it-alls.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kevrawlings View Post
    IMO Introverted intuition is the idea that you know things internally, and it manifests itself as confidence. A lot of introverted intuitives are know-it-alls.
    That's a pretty self-righteous statement isn't it?
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Any introverted function involves an internal knowing (based on a sort of "framework"). With Ni, the framework is abstract (such as the significance of threeness). With Si; it's concrete (something solid you actually remember). With Ti it's logical (such as the article's explanation of what causes things to look like celebrities actually die in threes), and with Fi, it's ethical.
    Last edited by Eric B; 06-05-2010 at 08:30 PM.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

somehow the comparing and contrasting makes things make more sense to me in a way... I get Ti and how it works... and I understand Fi as being similar to Ti in role, but different in substance... it makes it easier to understand what Ni is by a comparison like you did above there!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    It's imaginary.
    {something about symbols and mystic conclusions and the future}
    I like the fact that you're talking about symbols and mystic conclusions next to an avatar of lost.

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    Si is a more conscious noticing of sensory information than Ni. In Thom Hartman's ADHD a Different Perception he describes those with ADHD as Hunters who have to respond immediately to prevailing conditions based on instinctive sense and Farmers as being very reliant on the overtly observable and predictable cause and effect like Seasons, weather, moon cycle, sunrise/sunset etc.

I have often thought that his description is very much like the difference between abstraction, with its leaps of association, and linear thought, and similar to the P/J and the N/S dichotomies.
    That's correct if your line of discernment is Instinctual/Act now vs Look before you leap/Maybe there's something more to this.

SP's = Hunters
    SJ's = Farmers

I suppose you could find a way to extend that to NP's vs. NJ's. How do NP's instinctively navigate underlying meanings? How do NJ's "predict" the future based on previously established systems of meaning? Is Ni a single ubersystem of meaning, like a sphere-grid in FFX, with the new abilities and stat-ups representing ideas?
    Last edited by chris1207; 06-10-2010 at 05:27 PM.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.